Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Panathinaikos are set to sign Portuguese international midfielder Paulo Sousa from Inter Milan.

Sousa will arrive in Athens on Sunday before undergoing a medical examination and joining PAO's two Croatian signings Goran Vlaovic and Daniel Saric at a press conference at the club's Paiana training complex.

The 30-year-old midfielder is said to have agreed to a three-year deal with the Athens club and PAO will pay an undisclosed fee to Inter for the the ex-Borussia Dortmund, Sporting Lisbon, Benfica and Juventus player, who was on loan to Parma during the 1999-2000 season.

Panathinaikos president Angleos Phillipides had claimed in the Greek media last week that a deal for Sousa was all but concluded. "The deal is done," he told reporters.

J

·
0 Posts
Man why are all these MAD PORTUGUESE players going to "SECOND CLASS" Leagues i think that he would have been better off joining a PORTUGUESE team.
I for 1 would rather play 4 BOAVISTA then PANATHINIKOS...

C

·
0 Posts
i agree that playing in greece is not as good. however, some of these guys makes lots of money going to these places and lets not forget they have giovanni and a few other good players

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Second class league? yes,second class compared to Italy,England or Spain,but in comparison with the Portuguese NO! I dont take that...you may not have realise it,but the Greek league is in the same rate as the Portuguese.Do you know how many goals Panathinaikos at a bad day can score over Boavista? at least 4 or 5...

Your national team might be better,but your league isnt...

And you jardel are not a footballer,thats why you would probably choose Boavista over a CL team.Now,before you open your mouth to speak (type anyway:)) about something you dont have a clue about please think twice,better yet,shut the **** up instead of talking about things you dont know...

PS.Paulo Sousa must fill the shoes of Erik Mykland,quite a hard thing to do I would say watching them play at the Euro...

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I haven´t read here nobody saying () Greek league was better or worse than the portuguese.It´s a second class league as the portuguese is.If Sousa goes to Greece than he´s gonna play in a second class league and he was playing in Italy so he´s getting down.But with his help it may be that greek league turns into a first class league.:rolleyes: ;)

·
Registered
964 Posts
You forgot the most influencial factor UEFA,refs,linesman need i say more.
AS for the league . Which teams have done better in Europe Portugal or Greece.
Portugal's league hasnt been very strong over the past years but it has been among the best leagues in Europe in the past.And i believe in a decades time we will be there again with new stadiums being built better coverage in years to come.
We will be back to our best and yes we are much better than the greece league.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Paulo,tell me,which teams have done better? really tell me please...

Past is past,at the present,you are not better than us.Like it or not.Olympiakos and Porto have practically the same influence at the CL every year and the UEFA Cup teams dont manage something good,only some minor success like PAOK eliminating Arsenal two years ago...Benfica this year defeated PAOK at penalties (PAOK played better in both games) and then got slaughtered by Celta,a team that faced hard time eliminating Aris...if you want compare how many teams you and us have in European Competitions.

The Greek league is rapidly growing and althouth there are many wrong things we improve all the time and we have catch up with Portugal,like Turkey also has...Portugal USED to have great teams,now you just dont.You may be back to your best but we are also going to improve lot more in a decate.

So,no you are not better than the Greek league and Paulo Sousa made the right choice to play for a CL club.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Paulo Sousa has not gone any where yet.I think he will stay in Italy or go home.If he gos to Greece he will have a harder time being selected.
Look im not saying the Greek league is bad , but the Portuguese league is better not by much especially lately , but we are the better league.
If Vidigal leaves to go to Italy i think Paulo Sousa will come back to SCP.
Best Leagues in order:
1 Spain
1 Italy(not much between the two leagues)
2 England
2 Germany(not much between them)
3 Holland
4 Portugal
4 France
5 Greece

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
The Portuguese League is not better than the French and is not better than the Greek...you are not the better league and you bette realise it.

1) England,Spain,Italy
2) France,Germany
3) Portugal,Greece,Turkey,Holland

Boavista is in CL? oh,well,only the qualifying rounds I guess...

P

·
0 Posts
How can you put the English on top? It's the same two teams every damn year and they don't do well in Europe (so they won the CL in 98). I don't consider going to the UEFA cup final a great feat.

At least in Spain we see more variety in the top four teams.

And I'm sorry, the French league is crap. (Yes, I also am from there so I see enough to know this!). Why do you think all the top players get the hell out ? Who else plays in France besides Wiltford and maybe Micoud?

The German league is much better than the French league. Europe results show this as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts