Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought i'd open a thread dedicated to the media releases of our players/staff....

To begin:
Frey and Prandelli's attitude towards Lyon was fantastic.

On the flip side:
Kuzmanovic's recent comments...disgraceful. Does he not realise he's with us in the Champions leage and Milan are struggling? Don't get me wrong, Milan are a glorious club, but besides Pato I think they don't have all too many prospects for the future...maybe he's feeling the pressure from fellow young guns in Firenze?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Great Thread :thumbsup:

On the flip side:
Kuzmanovic's recent comments...disgraceful. Does he not realise he's with us in the Champions leage and Milan are struggling? Don't get me wrong, Milan are a glorious club, but besides Pato I think they don't have all too many prospects for the future...maybe he's feeling the pressure from fellow young guns in Firenze?
I totally agree with you!! I get shocked when I read his words! but if he really wants to go, let him go and see the difference :rollani:BUT remmeber Kuzzy there is no come back.!

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
I wouldn't be that harsh with the guy. Reporters may have changed his words. However in case he was dead serious it's pretty disappointing.

PS. good idea for thread, Jah

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
On the flip side:
Kuzmanovic's recent comments...disgraceful.
I think this is pure journalistic crap where whole story is taken from one harmless sentence or something.:thmbdown:

·
Registered
561 Posts
Unless somehow has seen the original interview with Kuzmanovic, I agree with Maarek that we need to hold off on the condemnation. I can see him saying the thing about the flights as a total joke, and the press jumping all over it just to sell some papers.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
The situation around Kuz seems to be enlinghtened. Let's hope the best.

Now it seems it's Osvaldo who is in moaning mood... Well, if he has problems with few playing time, he can be always sold. I like the guy, and thank him for important goals, but he better to accept the system Prandelli does. Or bye bye.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I really hope Osvaldo stays as I think he can be a star for the team. If Mutu leaves I would happily throw him and Jovetic into the role.

For Kuz I imagine the following:

You have a girlfriend abroad?
Yes
How do you see her?
I travel from the airport in Milan
Really? Do you like Milan
Yeah its a nice city and the airport makes travel easy.

Extra! Extra! Read all about it - Kuzmanovic in love with Milan, calls all Fiorentina players and fans losers. "Im just here to get recognised by Milan, then I'll walk there if they make the call"

:rollani: - It might seem overstated but in my experience that's pretty much how 99% of "journalism" works.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
As if to just hammer home the point :D

Zdravko's Milan flirtation forgotten
Tuesday 14 October, 2008
Zdravko Kuzmanovic's agent stresses his client's commitment to Fiorentina after the youngster's admission he dreams of Milan.

Kuzmanovic antagonised the Gigliati faithful in a recent interview by stating that he would love to wear the Rossoneri shirt.

But the Serbian starlet's representative is keen to pay down the controversy and repair the 21-year-old's relationship with the fans at the Stadio Artemio Franchi.

“The talk of Milan is one of those things that really isn't important,” Marko Naletilic told Violanews.com.

“After last weekend's international game, the lad was asked who his favourite player is and he said Andrea Pirlo.

“Then they asked him if he would like to play alongside his idol one day and he just said that Milan were a great team in a great city and maybe it could happen one day.

“All players say these things about the biggest teams in Europe, but that doesn't mean that Kuzmanovic wants to leave Florence.

“On the contrary, he's very happy where he is and we are going to discuss a contract renewal soon.”

·
Registered
490 Posts
Crap form jurnalistics!Kuz will be our for long time or in last case he will go away for big money and we will by some good player on that position!Realy I dont want to lose this talented player but in my opinion this would not happend!

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
For Kuz I imagine the following:

You have a girlfriend abroad?
Yes
How do you see her?
I travel from the airport in Milan
Really? Do you like Milan
Yeah its a nice city and the airport makes travel easy.

Extra! Extra! Read all about it - Kuzmanovic in love with Milan, calls all Fiorentina players and fans losers. "Im just here to get recognised by Milan, then I'll walk there if they make the call"
Yeah, so fitting! :thumbsup:

I really hope Osvaldo stays as I think he can be a star for the team. If Mutu leaves I would happily throw him and Jovetic into the role.
Yeah same here. BUT he has to accept the situation right now and Prandelli's decisions.
I may be wrong, but except of some talks of his agent, I haven't heard neither bad word comming from Pasqual, who would be much more right to complain.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
It seems Osvlado is going to be given a fine, he better to learn to shut up.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can't find an actual club source for the fine story, just papers reporting it -- can anyone find a quote or released from anyone at Fiorentina?

took the words right out of my mouth, anyone have an interview handy?

I suppose I was a little quick to judge Kuz, however I think our players should be aware of how twisted words do become. In Aus. football and rugby, players go through media courses and those who do not are not permitted whatsoever to speak to the media...if they are presented with an opportunity for an interview, they notify the club and go through some training

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Prandelli praising Gila's recent performance saying he's an 'example to everyone'...wise words to a hard worker or ego boosting to a striker who came on fresh to a dead 10 man team?

I do think his praise of Pazzini was great - well chosen words to praise his work ethic.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It is one thing i'm concerned about -
we need to farm out our excess talent to other teams so they can develop.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I dont belive that Palermo can take place in CL next year!Maybe Lazio but we are in better position than tham!In my opinion Roma will be there for sure!

1 - 20 of 91 Posts