Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the "2 many DJ's" album mixed by them and its great!

However it says on the cover "as heard on radio soulwax pt.2" but I can't find part 1 anywhere in the shops. Or any other number. Where can I get them? What is on them?

·
Registered
985 Posts
I'm quite sure there's only "As heard on Radio Soulwax pt. 2", so no need to look for others;) It's truly a fantastic record, I agree.

2 many dj's is some kind of a side project of David and Steven Dewaele, the two most important members of the band Soulwax. So if you're looking for other work of them I can advise you to buy one of the Soulwax-albums ("Much against everyone's advice" is really, really good)

The new Soulwax cd is going to be released in August by the way.

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
I think Soulwax are one of the least talented bands that came out of Belgium the last years. The 2-many-dj's thing is just torture for me but david & stephen are just 2 guys who are soo cool and funny (really hilarious) than to hope they get all the succes they can get;

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
To my knowledge only 2 types of bands come out of Belgium.

Shit trance acts and Soulwax. I'm in the Soulwax boat. Their remixes are quite inventive and listenable. Whereas trance is like having a badger claw at your groin for several hours.

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
The electronic music is definitely worse (except for Lords of Acid and Pragha Khan) but for the rest some fantastic music is made here. It just doesn't make it abroad and that's why I think it's frustratingthat a mediocre band a Soulwax does get the succes.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
I'm not aware of remixed soulwax stuff. The "Much Against Everyone's Advice" Album is brilliant. I love it.

·
Registered
985 Posts
gOD said:
The electronic music is definitely worse (except for Lords of Acid and Pragha Khan) but for the rest some fantastic music is made here. It just doesn't make it abroad and that's why I think it's frustratingthat a mediocre band a Soulwax does get the succes.
Also a dEUS fan? ;)

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Soulwax are FB. :cool:

Like most of you guys i'm not really a fan of belgian music either. (and who could blame us)
But the De Waele are class. They can take 2 completely different songs or samples and turn into a great tune. I think they're pretty cool and always try to make new orginal and creative combinations. (I which they ussually succeed very well)

Can't wait untill the new album comes out. :)

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Just came back from their show here in São Paulo at Tim Festival, first they came on stage as Soulwax and I enjoyed, nice band and they sound good live. Later they came on to play remixes of their 2manydjs project, its not the kind of eletronic music I enjoy (sounds housish) but there were some good remixes of pop hits

1 - 12 of 12 Posts