Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all on the Greek forum.

Just to say that Rangers have completed the signing of Kyrgiakos from PAO. I have heard bits and pieces. Have we done well for our £1.7million?

Let me take this opportunity to also say, I followed your magnificent Euro 2004 run all the way, and it was magical, magical stuff - great moments from Greece :)

It is good that we now have a "European Champion" in our squad, even if he didn't manage the squad due to injury.

Cheers guys.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Thanks for the kind words. :)

I personally can't stand Kyrgiakos, but this is because I am an Olympiakos fan. :D

He is tall, very strong defender and has pace to him.... He's a "gritty" player if you will, does alot of dirty work.... thats why we hate him. Should be a good signing for Rangers though, he suits British football to a T.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Of all ****ing teams...

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Kyrgiakos did not miss the Euro squad because of injury. He sucked the previous season.

Very good defender and for 1.7 it's a bargain.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Our management are unbelivebly stupid :(

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
Kyrgiakos did not miss the Euro squad because of injury. He sucked the previous season.

Very good defender and for 1.7 it's a bargain.
After his injury he played like 5-10 games

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
So did Dabizas and he was still in the team. Not to mention Nikolaidis who was picked up even while he was injured.

Come on, you know how Rehhagel works. Kyrgiakos would not have been selected.

·
Registered
156 Posts
this week celtic and rangers are playing eachother ,anybody now if espn will be showing the match in australia?they used to show the scottish league ,but i havent seen it for a while,would love to see this match.kyriakos has really been playing well .

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
The Grappler said:
this week celtic and rangers are playing eachother ,anybody now if espn will be showing the match in australia?they used to show the scottish league ,but i havent seen it for a while,would love to see this match.kyriakos has really been playing well .
I'd assume it's on Setanta at some pub. Check British Soccer Week . Chances are though, you may have to part company with about $20-30 knowing that crowd. :irritate:

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Lets hope he has a great game tommorow

·
Registered
615 Posts
How did Kirgiakos play?

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Very well :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
i read that he had a great chance to score but sent his header over the bar.since he has started at rangers ,their defence is looking a lot more soli8d.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Well, he always goes up for corners and usually gets about one header at goal per game. He hasn't really come close to scoring yet though; all his headers are either wide or are comfortably saved.

Still, we didn't sign him as a goalscorer.

He was named Man-of-the-Match by the Daily Record, the biggest selling paper in Scotland as well.

·
Registered
153 Posts
He is a good buy for Rangers..tough no nonsense defender..has a solid build and was on the improve for Pao this season, the games I saw him, I was impressed even though I hate Pao, you still have to give credit where it`s due..he will settle in well with Rangers and Im not surprised he has made an impact already...good defenders are hard to come by at the right price.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts