Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two defeats in a row and rotten perfomance is something that can worry any Juve fan. I have already expressed my opinion on our winter transfer campaign which I consider a big failure(Mutu is exception).
Our main problems:
Defence - central defenders - Thuram, Canna. Million times I have said that if any of them gets injured, we have no alternative player to use. If both of them get traumatized it can be evaluated as THE END OF THE season. Letting Tudor, Legro and Chiellini leave WAS A HUGE MISTAKE!
Midfield - same old s*it. No playmaker. We had a great talent Maresca, but something(surely not common sense) made Moggi present him to Fiorentina. Now our only hope is Olivera, but we can hardly bet on him right now. IMO, he is worse than Maresca. Now, when Nedved is out, we look so miserable so I start to think that there is no team actually, only Pavel exists. Emerson is another shine of hope for us, but only Emerson is not enough. I enjoy seeing Kapo, he perfoms really well, but Mr. Capello thinks that Olivier suits better for cleaning bench with his arse.
Strikers - If Treze regains his form, we will have no problems, even without DP doing the same.

On the other hand NOW I would like to see how great Capello actually is. I have always considered him the football guru, and our current situation is a great chance for him to prove everyone that he is a great, maybe the best coach in the world.
As for Juve fans, I can only cite one famous song " All we can do is just sit and wait...".

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
i think olivera has done a great job for the team. if he was utilised in his best position, which in my opinion is the hole behind the forwards, the team may get more creativity.

capello surely has to think about being more offensive. we cant score in a brothal at the moment.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From the very start of the season Capello used extremely defencive tactics. I really doubt that something can change his mind. Besides, despite using such tactics Juve still looked very mighty.

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
I said it many times, Capello's teams always start well and fade away in the spring. Probably because of his reluctance to rotate the squad no matter what and his style of fitness training in the summer. So the prospects aren't looking good for you(which is fine by me obviously ;) ).

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Capello first coach, Mourinho co Coach, Sacchi Ballboy and still Juve will lack the quality and depth of the other teams(e.g Inter,Chelsea)

But if you win it fair play and its a amazing achievement

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
A week ago some Milan fans and the media called "crises", now it seems to be Juve's turn...:rolleyes:

Take out Sheva and Cafu and Milan is reasonably weak. Same goes for Juve when you remove Nedved and Camoranesi. There is nothing strange nor spectacular. I am sure Juve will bounce back shortly (no hurry though ;) ).

I do agree with the point of Capello's teams tend to start strong and finish weak, due to poor squad rotation. But rotation alone is no salvation, just look at Inter. All they do is rotate, spinning in the same spot and not moving forward. Consistancy is important too. :)

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I'm with Barracuda on this especially that bit about "Juve will bounce back shortly" :D

On to Olivera. Clearly Nedved is that pivot the entire team rotates around and expecting Olivera to suddenly take on that role is sheer stupidity. He should indeed back the attackers up as that is the perfect spot for him. Kapo and Emerson are super, I agree but we still need Nedved. The element we lack the most right now and almost always have is that of a playmaker, someone who communicates with the ones behind him plus those in front of him. That way we wouldn't have to struggle to stay at the top. We severly lack that communication between our midfield and the attack. Sad fact.

Another one of our sad tales is the defence. We're only an injury away from where it says "downhill". We have no solid back up to fall back on.

I want to beat Moggi up :D

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Demandred said:
I said it many times, Capello's teams always start well and fade away in the spring. Probably because of his reluctance to rotate the squad no matter what and his style of fitness training in the summer. So the prospects aren't looking good for you(which is fine by me obviously ;) ).
Yeah, especially Milan when they won everything, Roma winning scudetto, and Real winning La Liga...

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Its amazing Capello guided Roma to a scudetto, considering the volitile nature of several of the players :p

·
Registered
293 Posts
First thing first, we must not panic. This is Serie A it is a league that anything can happen on the last fixture. Given the past few years except one or two, the title was decided on the last day.. I am still enjoying the day when we nip the title from inter milan. it was quite sometimes ago but it was a great one....

Given Capello, i am sure that he know what he is doing. Every team even Chelsea will have a day when their form dip. At least we are in a better position then we are last season so we should not be complaining

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Well, Capello may be not the best coach in the world giving overall performance, but let's say he is the best one when it comes to get out the best of a team with a small 'amount' of players, which is exactly our case, where we werent allowed to spend big in the summer and we had little money for only 1-2 strategical options (say Cannavaro and Ibrahimovic), that werent enough for a solution of our problems before the start of the season. So, I assume the idea of our managers (think about Moggi) was to BELIEVE and HOPE that with this coach (the best when it comes to work with a small squad, because he is used well to this kind of action) and the money given, we could win tropheys, increase market values and hopefully, by the year 2006 we can be back on track with improved share values and enough money for investment (new defenders, a winger and a substitution for Nedved and maybe Trez, maybe the could come a new coach) so that we can become again a real football power. But sometimes the plan may not go the way you'd wish, huh.

However, we shall see.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
I think it's a load of crap and just a short downfall,Capello is an old fox and won't fade away.His teams usually hold sway and i think this season is no exception.

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
Yeah, especially Milan when they won everything, Roma winning scudetto, and Real winning La Liga...
Well, I am too lazy to check on Milan and Real, but I seem to remember that they also had a better first part of the season than second under him. It certainly was teh case with us every season under Capello, even the Scudetto wiinning one. I didn't mean you can't win championships this way, of course if you have an incredibly good first part and a steady second half you can do it. But having only 2 points advatage and a rival with a much deeper squad doesn't bode well for Juve IMO.

Moggi has another expalnation for the slump though. It's totally hilarious:
[/QUOTE] "When an official is in doubt this term they simply decide to blow the whistle against us," Moggi argued.
Poor Juve, treated so badly by the referees. :)

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I have to disagree. As far as I remember Roma rarely played well in the first part of the season and always improved in the second.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I think if Capello and Juve are able to get ahold of Cassano, Capello would go for more offensive tactics like the ones he used in Roma. Cassano would be a excellent player-maker because he is so creative, definately the type of player I would like to see at Juve although his personality is not the greatest, I think he wouldn't have much problems at Juve. Our defence isn't as strong as it used to be but Capello's defensive tactics make up for that but I read an article and David Trezeguet said that we were not creating enough chances http://skysports.planetfootball.com...e=Trez:+Difficult+times+at+Juve&channel=Italy. These past games we have missed Nedved but Oliveria seems to be doing good in his place but he hasn't got the enormous presence on the pitch that Nedved has there are definately 'weakspots' in our team but the defence is the main one without any quality subs. At the end of the season I would definately like to see another defender and a quality midfielder come to Juve.

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
As far as I remember Roma rarely played well in the first part of the season and always improved in the second.
You are wrong. Nearly every year we were much better in the first half both in the terms of results and in terms of performance. We were the leaders at halfway point of the championship 3 times, but won it only once, and by a much smaller margin than it was at the halfway point.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
capello has a solid first team which doesnt perform to its best once it it altered, even by just one player. facts are facts, the core players have no back up. no good centre back back ups, no one to replace emerson and no one to replace trez who scores as much as he does.

between the CL and Serie A, its not enough in the squad. olivera and kapo are doing well to replace the likes of nedved and camoranesi, but montero, birindelli, appiah, tacchinardi and so on are not good enough.

moggi bought well, but sold poorly in the summer.

·
Registered
17,648 Posts
Montero should have left in the summer (heck he should have left earlier than that), but there's no way Moggi would have known Appiah and Birindelli would be performing so poorly. Tacchinardi, i feel, is a good squad player to have.
I think the pivotal mistake was keeping our wings-orientated tactics, in a season which forseebly and predictably Nedved has been in decline. Which goes back to the thesis that perhaps we should have already gotten his replacement last summer.

I want to think Capello will be able to keep us competitive for the rest of the season, but i have my doubts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts