Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but it looks like the Cisse deal is done for him to arrive at the end of the season.

I'd suggest if this story that appears to be breaking fast is true then Mr Houllier will still be the manager next season IMHO.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Cisse: Liverpool move is on !

Auxerre striker Djibril Cisse says his proposed transfer to Liverpool will go ahead regardless of late interest from Old Trafford and even if Gerard Houllier is not the manager in the summer.

Sir Alex is in the market for a striker and has expressed an interest in the player sparking concerns that the Old Trafford club could hijack the deal. However Liverpool chiefs are not concerned about any interest from their rivals.

Talking about his plans, the French ace said: "I still intend to sign for Liverpool. It has always been very precise with them, although I have signed no deal.

"We all know where we are because we have been talking for a long time, so it is not necessary to talk every week. My manager, Guy Roux, has already spoken directly with Liverpool.I still want to go to Liverpool. Gerard Houllier's position make no difference.

"There has been no direct contact with Manchester United. I don't really know that much about it but I have heard something. I am already advanced with Liverpool and they have my priority. I am not thinking about another club.

"If I leave at the end of the season it will be for Liverpool and not another club."

Claimes that the player has already undergone a preliminary medical and that the club have secured accomodation for him in the city.

Gerard Houllier has not ruled out the possibility of signing Cisse this month and attempts are still been made to push this transfer through now rather than in the summer.
===============================
Sorry to dissapoint you but it seems that Houllier's position doesnt really matter.It's the club he wants not the man who's ruining it.He's despised in France too you know.

Now im not saying he is going in the summer but if he isnt then why are you so happy ? What makes you think he deserves to stay in the job ? Because i could give you many, many reasons why he doesnt.If we finish fifth you would still want him to carry on because in your eyes he's nice man ?

You dont resent him for throwing the tradition out the club ? You dont resent him for his excuses ? You dont resent him for his handling of players in the public and him leaving them out to dry ? His subbing Hamann in Leverkusen when we were coasting and about to meet the Mancs in the Semi's which the Mancs got shot to pieces in ? Not for spendin 30m on Bruno Cheyrou, Diao, Diouf and Heskey ? For Not playing Jari, For Kicking Fowler out-There's adifferance between transfering and Kicking, his taking of credit, passing the oppurtunity to sign Henry, Pires, Ballack and Rosicky, Instead opting for Heskey, Smicer and Murphy.Maybe the negative play or the shite that some people call attacking football this season.Theres so many more but this paragraph is looking too long already.

Oh what about coming into the club just as Uncle Roy had a 3.5m Zidane deal almost in the bag and a deal for Oli Kahn wrapped up.

Oh and Owen leaving us because he's sick of feeding on scraps and playing for fourth place.Not to mention getting rushed back so we can edge past yeovil.

The point is there no reason to keep him, he has no merit to say that we should keep him and the 1% of fans that want him here are settling for being a midtable team and for some reason dont get angry when they see whats happening on the pitch, in the club, at the press conferances and in the Transfer market.Not to mention looking at the league table the last 5 years.

I really could go on much further.

·
International
1,878 Posts
And oh, I managed to sit through one entire match which Liverpool played under Houllier. The only problem I had was that I fell asleep at the 50th - 70th minute mark of the match.

Strange but true, I was wide awake throughout when I watched the Leeds - Arsenal match later.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
it's a typical Houllier signing,a strong powerful French fella with no finessé :cool:

Houllier will have more time,and he's spent £14m on another wrong'un :confused:

more fun for the rest of England :howler:

you poor,poor sods :(

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Liverpool boss: Cisse deal not done - yet
tribalfootball.com - January 5, 2004

Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier has played down reports of the signing of Auxerre striker Djibril Cisse.
Houllier said: "He has not signed any pre-contract. He wants to come but at this stage nothing is true about Cisse. It doesn't mean in the future it won't be true."

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
it's a typical Houllier signing,a strong powerful French fella with no finessé :cool:

Houllier will have more time,and he's spent £14m on another wrong'un :confused:

more fun for the rest of England :howler:

you poor,poor sods :(
As much as i think Houllier is a incompetent, headworking bastard i think Cisse is quality.He's fast, knows where the goal is, can dribble, has a fecking hard shot and is a strong young lad.I never used to be convinced by him and would rather of not signed anyone or have got someone else but i think he is class and a Owen, Cisse, Baros, Pongolle strike force with Kewell backing them up is mouth watering.

·
International
1,878 Posts
But alas! We do not have a manager who actually knows who his best strikeforce and best midfield are.

We can have a team of 20 Zidanes and we can still be scraping for an Inter-Toto place.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
We dont need another striker,We need new defenders and a right winger.

Houllier has taken us as far as he can and its time for a change.

·
International
1,878 Posts
Daniel_LFC:

Firstly, the board will not sack him.

Secondly, there are people who still have a lot of faith in Houllier and will back him beyond the day Liverpool gets relegated from the English Premier League.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Maybe they wont sack him But Houllier has to go.
If they do decide its time for a change then maybe they will move him upstairs.
Maybe people do have faith in him,but i dont,I knew before he joined Liverpool he wasn't the manager we needed.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Like I've said several times before, Cissé is not the man you need, and especially not given that he'll make other (necessary) transfers hard to come by due to the substantial fee you'll have to pay.

That said... Jern must be having a laugh. Cissé is superb. Don't quite know how the partnership with Owen will come off as neither are providers by any means, but it won't be Cissé holding you down. I'm 100% on that, and IF you could get a playmaking central midfielder (or Le Tallec immediately strikes gold next season) I would not be at all surprised to see Cissé as top3 in the PL scoring charts. Who the fuk is Anelka? Djibrill slaughters him.

In the end... it won't matter if the clueless one is still around.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Glen said:
Like I've said several times before, Cissé is not the man you need, and especially not given that he'll make other (necessary) transfers hard to come by due to the substantial fee you'll have to pay.
Well currently no but if he comes that means Heskey will go or be gone.And that would equal a Owen, Cisse, Pongolle, Baros strikeforce.With Heskey going(presuming Emile is the striker that will leave :rolleyes: ) and Cisse thats improved our striking stocks tenfold.

Glen said:
And IF you could get a playmaking central midfielder (or Le Tallec immediately strikes gold next season) I would not be at all surprised to see Cissé as top3 in the PL scoring charts. Who the fuk is Anelka? Djibrill slaughters him.
Well i dont want a central midfielder personally.Unless we change formations(which we wont) Didi and Hamann are the central midfielders and i dont want to break that.Gerrard wont be replaced and if Hamann goes that means Gerrard will be shackled.I'd rather Gerrard be given free reign with Kewell, Didi and a new right winger, while Le Tallec is being groomed.

Glen said:
In the end... it won't matter if the clueless one is still around.
Well i think it will matter in regards to Djibril because IF he comes i can see being played RW with Owen(hopefully still there) and Pongolle/Baros.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Glen said:
That said... Jern must be having a laugh. Cissé is superb.
i'm not having a laugh,maybe he just saves his completely dire control for when i'm watching :tongue:

to me Anelka is a far better player,unfortunately he is quite mad :D

·
International
1,878 Posts
KOTK:

Well currently no but if he comes that means Heskey will go or be gone.And that would equal a Owen, Cisse, Pongolle, Baros strikeforce.With Heskey going(presuming Emile is the striker that will leave ) and Cisse thats improved our striking stocks tenfold.
:)

Does it matter? As I have said, we can have 12 Zidanes on the pitch and we will still play like bloody Wimbledon and get Bolton results.

Well i dont want a central midfielder personally.Unless we change formations(which we wont) Didi and Hamann are the central midfielders and i dont want to break that.Gerrard wont be replaced and if Hamann goes that means Gerrard will be shackled.I'd rather Gerrard be given free reign with Kewell, Didi and a new right winger, while Le Tallec is being groomed.
And who will be the creative spark in our midfield? Gerard? Do you think he can do a fine job and not lob another one of those aimless bombs up for Cisse to chase?

How will we know if Cisse will actually play on the right wing with Houllier being such an expert in playing players in their right positions?

Well i think it will matter in regards to Djibril because IF he comes i can see being played RW with Owen(hopefully still there) and Pongolle/Baros.
Well, looks like you have not truly understood what a capable man Houllier is. It is funny how the rumours of just one signing who has not proven himself in the grand scheme of things can suddenly turn the Toad from one tactically inept and hapless manager into a Wenger or Ferguson.

I guess by virtue of this, it looks like a large majority of fans will still want the Toad to be our gaffer even if we play in the Inter-Toto Cup next season. As long as we have a good supply of rumours of those big name players coming to our club...

Meanwhile, I wait with bated breath on rumours of how Ronaldo wants to join Liverpool and how he does not mind playing in the Inter-Toto Cup next next season...

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Liverbird said:

And who will be the creative spark in our midfield? Gerard? Do you think he can do a fine job and not lob another one of those aimless bombs up for Cisse to chase?
I realise you are pessimistic about the situation as i am and many others are but i dont think we should turn on Gerrard who is one of our most consistent players, our leader and his long balls are few and far between now and i think the reputaion should be dropped.Gerrard is creative enough to hold his own as an advancing cenral midfielder especially when you have a Creative Kewell on the left and a hopefully creative right winger ?

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
King of the Kop said:
.... Either this sentence is non intelligible... or you you have gone bunkers lad :).

But of course, given the gaffer, he might play Cissé there... He did it with Diouf after all. But you might as well play Owen there. Cissé is an out and out striker- full stop.

·
Winter is Coming.
8,130 Posts
as much as we love the man Gerrard hasn't given as much return as he ought to. i want him to take better shots and more of them instead of passing to trash. otherwise, no gripes

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Glen said:
.... Either this sentence is non intelligible... or you you have gone bunkers lad :).

But of course, given the gaffer, he might play Cissé there... He did it with Diouf after all. But you might as well play Owen there. Cissé is an out and out striker- full stop.
I would be hugely surpised if Houllier plays Cissé on the right wing. Has he ever played there in his life?!?

IMO, Gerrard is definitely good enough to carry the team creatively in the midfield, since Hamann has returned to the destroyer role Gerrard has been turning in great attacking perfromances and it's shame he got injured. Like King of the Kop said, Kewell also provides creativity.

·
International
1,878 Posts
KOTK:

Gerrard is creative enough to hold his own as an advancing cenral midfielder especially when you have a Creative Kewell on the left and a hopefully creative right winger ?
Creative enough? I am sorry, but I think we could have done better with players like Litty being in the centre of the midfield. Instead of Cisse (yet another striker?), the money should be spent on getting a veteran creative midfielder in the centre who can inspire the team and launch attacks, with good through balls. This is while we groom the likes of Cheyrou and ALT for the role.

And what if Gerard and Kewell are out? Who will be our creative spark in the midfield? Murphy? Smicer? Biscan? Or Heskey?

Owenization:

i want him to take better shots and more of them instead of passing to trash.
Better shots? He is no Gary Mac, is he? I beg to differ. I think the coaching staff should do more about his passing on the ground rather than passing through the air. He is capable of punting good through balls on the ground rather than playing rugby at Anfield.

We already have Riise, Hamann and the talentless Murphy getting ridiculous shots at goal and the last thing I want is to have another midfielder who just shoots on sight.

Red Mist:

I would be hugely surpised if Houllier plays Cissé on the right wing. Has he ever played there in his life?!?
Where has our dear gaffer played Smicer? As a winger. Where has our dear gaffer played Diouf? As a right back. Where has our dear gaffer played Heskey? On the left flanks. Where has our dear gaffer played Kewell? On the right. Where has our dear gaffer played Henchoz? As a right back.

You know, I won't be least surprised if I see Cisse as our goalie. You never know with the mad French Toad around.

Gerrard has been turning in great attacking perfromances and it's shame he got injured.
After millions of pounds spent, we talk about how it is a shame if Gerard (one player) gets injured. Where's the squad depth?

And by the way, I am not being a pessimist. These are facts. I am more of a realist. So drop all that talk about me being a pessimist, please.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts