Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like Keane is ready to beg for mercy on Irish TV tonight. Or else he's pulling a big PR stunt (that would be my take)....

Keane set to make apology on television

27/05/2002 - 2:34:23 PM

Roy Keane is set to apologise to **** McCarthy on RTE's Six One news tonight in the hope of earning a World Cup reprieve.

The former Republic skipper has agreed to an interview with RTE to say sorry to McCarthy and his Irish teammates.

Keane made peace gestures towards McCarthy in a Daily Mail article on Monday morning when he admitted that the Irish boss had been right to sack him after his Saipan tantrum.

An apology by Keane will put serious pressure on McCarthy to reinstate the midfielder.

But McCarthy has an even bigger fear that the ongoing Roy Keane drama will jeopardise Ireland's World Cup hopes

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
How'd you find this out?

He still might play then?

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
That would be her knees ;)

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'm sure he's just realised:

"**** I should be playing in the World Cup, why couldn't I just have just kept quiet!!"

Still we all blow our top sometimes, but rarely at such a price!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My gut feeling is that he'll be going in the next 24 hours but too late for saturday. Will be there for the Germans. If he does make it God only knows what sort of performance he'll put in. Could either be the Manchester derby disaster from last year (all rabid dog stuff) or the Portugal game last June (or Belgrade a few years ago) , the midfield maestro type of game.

Seems Quinn was nearly in tears at todays press conference at the childishness and stupidity of the whole situation.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Surely **** wouldn't let him back in the squad would he?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think he would if there was an apology (he said he would earlier on today). Bertie has told them to sort the bloody thing out by today either way and get sorted for saturday. Two stubborn eeejits acting like kids. Neither of them comes out of it well.

There's a demo organised for tomorrow in Dublin as well. About time us fans had as say in the matter.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
McCarthy - the door is wide open

J P McManus has his jet fuelled and waiting in Manchester and **** McCarthy has thrown the door wide open - it's all systems go for Roy Keane, if he picks up the phone.

**** McCarthy has clarified his position following a shambolic press conference in Izumo and said that he is ready to welcome Keane back.

"Once there's a private conversation between myself and Roy - man to man, we can sort this thing out."

"Once that phone call comes, I'll will talk to the players and staff and we'll take it from there."

McCarthy has also clarified his position on the meeting with the players which Niall Quinn claimed left them with no alternative but to back their boss - in essence an ultimatum.

"I told the players that I would walk if I was asked to accept Roy back without an apology. And that's still the case."

McCarthy is under immesnse pressure now and it is anybody's guess how this will play out. A pricate phone call would be enough and nobody ever has to know what is said between the two men

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
What?!? Keane is going to play? Is this for real???

1 - 15 of 15 Posts