Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did Luxemburgo get caught using cocaine while being the national coach? :confused: i read some where and wanted to confirm

·
Registered
301 Posts
brazil_forever said:
did Luxemburgo get caught using cocaine while being the national coach? :confused: i read some where and wanted to confirm
It would be interesting to know where you read such a thing.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Rei Volante said:
I saw it somewhere as well.
Yes, but where??? I don't doubt it, I want to look it up myself.

·
Registered
390 Posts
i think i also read bout sumthin like that but my memory is kinda blurry right now i figure it must goal.com tho cuz i remember it wasnt a brasilian site...

falou

·
Administrator
30,845 Posts
But I think in the middle of all rumours I heard something about this, although it was pure speculation.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I remember this story. Lux got fired after Sydney 2000 in September after the under-23s lost. Sometime between the summer of 2000 - when Lux was on the firing line - and after he got fired (maybe as late as early-2001), an alleged mistress (a thin, short-haired blonde on the picture I recall) accussed him of - among other offenses - using cocaine. Obviously her credibility is the issue in that claim.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Well, if the only source for that accusation is that woman you can forget it, she has zero credibility. Luxa foolishly committed the mistake of f*cking her, and when he became NT coach she attempted to become famous by jumping on the anti-Luxa bandwagon that was all the rage in the media back then. So she began making all sorts of wild accusations against him, from drug-dealing to game-fixing, but was never able to provide one shred of evidence for anything. When her soapbox began to crumble and her 15 minutes of fame ended, she tried to make some extra bucks by offering to pose naked for some smut magazine, but nobody was interested. :wth:

Mind you, I'm not saying that Luxa is pure as an angel; just that the woman who made all those accusations has no credibility. Until someone provides some actual evidence that Luxemburgo did any of those things, I wouldn't take any of that stuff too seriously. Being obnoxious and arrogant doesn't make him a drug pusher.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Luxemburgo is a mulatto from a poor suburb from Rio, and he wears designer suits... That is enough to be called arrogant by large sectors of Brazilian society.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Bordon is gone! said:
Luxemburgo is a mulatto from a poor suburb from Rio, and he wears designer suits... That is enough to be called arrogant by large sectors of Brazilian society.
Interesting comment. I'd always wondered if Lux was considered mulatto/black in Brasil. He's always seemed like a "brother" to me from the American point of view, but it's never been mentioned in any media that I have read, heard and actually was able to translate.

Even given my limited knowledge of futebol, I found it AMAZING - in a great way - that two black men were coaching RM and Barcelona in the latest superclasico. These thoughts aside, is Felipao considered arrogant in any NEGATIVE way in Brasil's media? (I realized views likely changed on him after WC02.) He seems no less strong-headed than Lux! Besides they both - after being pissed off - helped kill off Romario's NT career. So how different could Lux and Felipao be?

·
Administrator
30,845 Posts
No, Luxemburgo is an arrogant because his attitudes. He often attempts to seize control of the clubs (football-wise) he works and not accept any hierarchy besides him. He had such problems with Corinthians,Palmeiras and Cruzeiro.
He is also arrogant because he is prone to attack and make critics. I remember when he was the brazilian NT coach he often made a appeal to ethics to avoid talking about critics to him from other coaches saying they should be quiet because that was not ethical. But he did it often and all the time with Felipao. The problems of his teams are always a extra-factor, never his. He often forgets about his "Mud feats", for example he complains about contracts ruptures from clubs, but he often did the same.
When he is praised, he is gentle with the press, when he is critized he shows the education of a donkey. He still thinks a world wide conspiracy removed him from the NT, not the problems he was unable to manage and his awful national teams.

Felipao is often seem as an arrogant (in a way most coaches are), but the difference is Felipao is charismatic (and sucessful, people are whores), the style is more blunt, rude, brucutu. When WL is more knaive, sneaky. (The big problem is not being arrogant, is most being arrogant and deceitful).

And who ended Romario NT career were not them, it was Chronos who made Romario age beyond the necessary condition to be trusted.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Felipao is often seem as an arrogant (in a way most coaches are), but the difference is Felipao is charismatic (and sucessful, people are whores), the style is more blunt, rude, brucutu. When WL is more knaive, sneaky. (The big problem is not being arrogant, is most being arrogant and deceitful).

Thanks for the information. I consider myself better educated on the matter. But, what are:

Mud Feats? and
Chronos? (is this alcohol?)

·
Administrator
30,845 Posts
mud feet, sorry for the typo and distraction and all mistakes. Biblical figure, means here someone who is very high about himself but forgets about his own mistakes.
Chronos/Cronos/Kronus, God of Time.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
SambaLosAngeles said:
Even given my limited knowledge of futebol, I found it AMAZING - in a great way - that two black men were coaching RM and Barcelona in the latest superclasico. These thoughts aside, is Felipao considered arrogant in any NEGATIVE way in Brasil's media?
The "arrogant" treatment does not stick to Felipao because he is a white man from the South... Hence his roughness sounds folksy or, er, charismatic...

Not long ago, I read on the comments page of a newspaper from Rio, sentences along the lines of "who does he think he is?" on his wardrobe choices... Also he was ridiculed for his imperfect Spanish... Have you seen anybody ridiculing Petkovic for his imperfect Portuguese?

All Brazilians from this list KNOW that if a German player comes to Brazil and speaks very bad Portuguese, he will be praised for his efforts at learning the language. I was really disgusted at the treatment given Luxemburgo by the Brazilian press recently.

·
Administrator
30,845 Posts
Passarela was ridiculared for not trying to learn portuguese and his translator for not being good at it. Luxemburgo is ridicularized because he is confrotational and because ESPN people (who spawn in Lance) etc do a journalism more tied to gossip and Adriane Galisteu.
I think you are exagerating in seeing racism as the cause of his label of arrogance, he is arrogant and he rarely related himself with the black group, to the point that when Lula Pereira coached Flamengo and complained he was fired because of racism he said no black coach was sucessful and in a top team here because of that, no one remembered Luxemburgo.
While there may be something to do with his "New rich" way, (meaning brega who tries to look not like one) that is sometimes expessive when brazilians prefer by our culture coaches who are "folkloric" such as Tele, a bit like Felipao.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts