Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Playing in his final match for Cruzeiro (he's joining Lazio next season) Sorin, scored a great goal and was voted as man of the match. in the 8th minute he rose to meet a header but he smacked into a defender and played the rest of the match with a bandaged head. In the 75th minute Sorin scored the only goal of the match where Cruzerio went on to win the Copa Sul-Minas.

After the match Sorin had 8 stitches placed around one of his eyebrows. But he is fine and get wait to join up with the rest of Argentina squad in Rome tomorrow. There were extraordinary celebrations after Cruzeiro's victory where Sorin became quite emotional, he went onto say how attached he feels to Cruzeiro and that playing for them has been a beautiful experience. He is well loved in Belo Horizonte (that's the city where Cruzeiro originates from)

Sorin made 112 apperances for Cruzeiro and scored 17 goals. He was their captain and certainly an extermely important player for the club.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Excellent finish to the season when he knew it would be his last at the club. ;)

Yet another ex-River player doing well. :cool:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Great...i'm happy for Sorin, Brazil is famous for having great leftbacks(Roberto Carlos), Sorin proved himself in Brazil and was a great captain and leader for Cruzeiro, good luck in Lazio, and in the WC(YES):D

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Epa, great win for Sorín and Cruzeiro in the Campeonato Sul-Minas.

Corinthians won the Campeonato de Rio-São Paulo after the drew São Paulo 1-1 in the 2'nd leg.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, I 'm really glad for Sorin. He's a great person not to mention an awesome player...:) Rimmer where do u live?

Rimmer said:
Epa, great win for Sorín and Cruzeiro in the Campeonato Sul-Minas.

Corinthians won the Campeonato de Rio-São Paulo after the drew São Paulo 1-1 in the 2'nd leg.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Glad to hear this news:)
I remember that Cruzeiro fans made a site for Sorin, their msg. was to keep him in their team after hearing that Lazio made an offer for Sorin:proud:

czar, did we have any loved Brazilian players in Arg leauge in the past years? I mean similar to Sorin case?

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
yep, sorin conquered brazil. he won copa du brazil in 2000, and copa sul-minas in 2001 and 2002. fans love him.

the last brazilians i remembered are paulo silas, a great playmaker who had a great time in San Lorenzo in the 95/7 (He was also part of brazils team in the WC 94) and took his team to championship; roberto gaucho, a playmaker or support striker, who played for boca in the earlies 90 but he could never adapt to our football. i remembered that a journalyst, once said that gaucho played absolutly great in the trainnings but he couldnt do the same in the real matchs; and the last one was (cant remember his name) a left back who came to boca from udinese the last year, but he also had a terrible time. dunno where he could be right now.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Sorin is a rare breed of player, he is still very much loved in Brazil, which is hard for an argentinian.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts