Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this sucks. :eek: :mad:
he has a contracture in one of his legs. he will be tested a few hours before the match. just then bielsa will know if he can be between the first eleven.
claudio lopez would take kilys place, and kily would be the replacement of sorin.
juampi has been a key player for us, and the MOM against nigeria.
moreover, sorin is the perfect player to erase beckham of the pitch. im sure that with his tight mark and his unfatigable spirit he would make becks desappear. remember that also kily gonzalez plays in the left, and he is another tough player. so becks would have a hard night, if juampi plays.
:depress: :depress:

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
this is really bad news

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Bad news, Sorin gives his all in all the matches, he's our energizer bunny, especially that he will try to stop Beckham's runs on the right side...

·
Registered
206 Posts
This is worrisome. Sorin is such a complete player. Reminds me of Olarticoechea but much better. Contracture if I understand it right is akin to thigh muscle strain and is not serious. With good therapy and icing and muscle relaxant's before the game he could be ok. Please get well.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Exactly Philander a contractura is a strain. Seems we'll only know one hour prior to the match if he'll be able to play or not. Sorin is a key player for us but Kily who would have started as our left wing would just move down to left midfield. Actually left midfield is Kily's original position on the team and I'm sure he'll do very well. Hope Sorin recovers on time...

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
This is not good. I read that Ayala will not make it either. Is this true?

Without Sorin there, Im worried about Kily's defensive abilities especially against a team like England.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
This is certainly worrying news for Argentina. :sigh: He was one of the most active players in attack in the match with Nigeria. :)

His absence might be felt. Though Argentina has apparently a 2nd WC team. I don't think it is going to be a worry for Bielsa.

But I have doubts about Kily's defending abilities. Whenever he plays in the defence, he picks up a yellow card atleast.:rolleyes: . I mean in the big matches.

Bye & Best of Luck :)

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
When we last beat Brazil last year (how I love saying that) we were without Sorin and even Veron for that matter. Kily I recall played well and he had a neutralizing effect on Brazil's midfielders.

Still hope to see Sorin the starting lineup tomorrow, he's such an integral part of our starting team.

·
Registered
271 Posts
edit: The media seem to be saying that he will most likely be missing the match.

NARAHA, Japan, June 6 (AFP)
Argentina have to reshape the hub of their side with skipper Roberto Ayala joined on the injury list Thursday by midfielder Juan Pablo Sorin ahead of Friday's crunch clash with England.
Coach Marcelo Bielsa is set to bring in attacking midfielder Kily Gonzalez after Sorin, who recently switched to Italian club Lazio from Brazilian outfit Cruzeiro, suffered a right calf strain in training late Wednesday.
Gonzalez was originally earmarked to replace Claudio Lopez against England as Argentina chase a win which would propel themselves into the second phase.
He will now fill Sorin's role in central midfield with Lopez retaining his place for the match under the roof of the futuristic Sapporo Dome.
Ayala missed Argentina's opening win over Nigeria with a thigh strain and Diego Placente will once again deputise.
Bielsa will again field striker and the country's record goalscorer Gabriel Batistuta as a lone attacker with Lazio striker Hernan Crespo keeping his powder dry on the bench.
Ayala is undergoing intensive treatment and hopes to be back for Argentina's final group match against Sweden on June 12.
In his absence Manchester United midfielder Juan Sebastian Veron is set once again to wear the captain's armband.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Without Sorin there, Im worried about Kily's defensive abilities especially against a team like England.
You mean the only way he knows how to defend is to hack the living daylights of the opposition ;).

Wouldnt this be a good time to try out Gustavo Lopez instead of C.Lopez? After C.Lopez's crummy match last time it cant hurt to try him.

·
Registered
271 Posts
He's playing! :tongue:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport3/worldc...rgentina_v_england/newsid_2022000/2022851.stm

Midfielder Juan Pablo Sorin has been passed fit to play for Argentina against England on Friday.

Sorin was a doubt with a calf problem but coach Marcelo Bielsa is able to name him in the starting XI.

However, captain Roberto Ayala does miss out with a thigh strain.

Ayala picked up the injury in the warm-up to the match against Nigeria on Sunday and he has not sufficiently recovered.

Gonzalez in for Lopez

Bielsa has made one change, bringing in Kily Gonzalez for Claudio Lopez.

Meanwhile, Ayala is undergoing intensive treatment and hopes to be back for Argentina's final group match against Sweden on 12 June.

A spokesman said that had the game been more crucial, Ayala would have been considered for selection by the coaching staff.

"He is still working separately (from the squad), but he's OK. They're being careful with him but he would have played had it been the World Cup final."

In Ayala's absence Manchester United midfielder Juan Sebastian Veron is set once again to wear the captain's armband.

Argentina line-up to face England:
Pablo Cavallero, Mauricio Pochettino, Walter Samuel, Diego Placente, Javier Zanetti, Diego Simeone, Juan Sebastian Veron, Juan Pablo Sorin, Ariel Ortega, Gabriel Batistuta, Kily Gonzalez.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
That's right leg. Sorin was confirmed a short while ago. He will be playing tomorrow!! This is great news :)

Fuerza Juampi...Vamos Argentina!!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...:D:D:D

You guys worried me to hell while I am reading your posts...I thought its over for sorin to play the match, before I read Legs post....Leg I love you man :kiss::D

Watta Relief :D

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
YES!!!!! Our energizer bunny is playing....

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Things happened so quickly, Sorin was injured and now fit to play:)
But check out what I found from daily soccer, just now:
12. Pablo Cavallero
4. Mauricio Pochettino
6. Walter Samuel
13. Diego Placente
8. Javier Zanetti
10. Ariel Ortega
11. Juan Sebastian Veron
14. Diego Simeone
9. Gabriel Batistuta
18. Cristian Gonzalez
19. Hernan Crespo
:confused:

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
can you post a link to that information B9?

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
nevermind, I found it. but that's not the list the Argentina sites are posting. I wonder where they got it?

this is the list Bielsa gave today: Cavallero; Samuel, Placente Pochettino; Zanetti, Sorín, Simeone; Verón; González, Ortega y Batistuta

as far as I can tell, it has not been changed.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thank god.
just look how we were suffering because we thought sorin was not going to play and KILY would replace him, so i cannot even imagen how the french are sufering for zizous absense (with djorkaeff and micoud playing like sh¡t)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts