Xtratime Community banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Kroldrup said:
We didn't have Per Nielsen, Martin Laursen, Per Krøldrup, and Kasper Bøgelund. That's practically all our defence...
Even if Biancoceleste just argued the identical point.... I'm going to say it again.

When you say we miss players, then in order for that to be meaningful, there needs to be alternatives who are out, who could have strenghtened us.

Fact is, that only one of the players you mentioned would have actually improved our starting lineup. If all had been ready, doubtlessly Olsen would have preferred Laursen-Krøldrup as the CD duo for reasons of experience, but on the strenght of Laursens last outings, and the long lay off he has had, plus Agger's immense talent, the only position that can be reasonably strengtened by the mentioned players is for one central defender.

Contrast that to the Turkish side, where they were without absolutely crucial players like Emre, Rüstü, Nihat and two other normal first 11 players. There's no comparison. End of.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Jimbo FC said:
He was a player that Brøndby didn't find talented enough for their team :howler:
He was injured all the time, which made his play on the reserve-team very inconsistent. He simply wasn't good enough at that time to
get on the first-team. I actually hoped we would keep after his loan deal at Frem finished. He could've been a great reserve-striker in the squad. Whether he would've developed into what he is today, if he stayed at the club and played as a back-up striker, is hard to say, but I honestly doubt it.

He got a new chance at Djurgården, and fortunately for him.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Glen said:
Even if Biancoceleste just argued the identical point.... I'm going to say it again.

When you say we miss players, then in order for that to be meaningful, there needs to be alternatives who are out, who could have strenghtened us.

Fact is, that only one of the players you mentioned would have actually improved our starting lineup. If all had been ready, doubtlessly Olsen would have preferred Laursen-Krøldrup as the CD duo for reasons of experience, but on the strenght of Laursens last outings, and the long lay off he has had, plus Agger's immense talent, the only position that can be reasonably strengtened by the mentioned players is for one central defender.

Contrast that to the Turkish side, where they were without absolutely crucial players like Emre, Rüstü, Nihat and two other normal first 11 players. There's no comparison. End of.
And? Laursen and Krøldrup are undoubtedly the starters, not Agger. Laursen and Krøldrup are both beter than Agger, and Kasper, why on earth would Olsen have used him? He has a decent number of caps, and he has had a magnificent season so far in the Bundesliga.

And to make it worse, Per Nielsen, who replaces those two currently injured guys, is ALSO injured, so that's practically a hole in the defence. So we needed to put an original right back in the CB. Isn't that a blow bad enough for Denmark?

Turkey, though, DO have replacements for those players. Their league is one of the best in Europe, and they have as an advantage. Rustü, a keeper who is possibly one of the oldest in the world is no big player no more. It isn't that big of a blow. Nihat, truly a blow, but guess who came back..Turkey's all time goalscorer, Hakan Sukür.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Kroldrup said:
And? Laursen and Krøldrup are undoubtedly the starters, not Agger. Laursen and Krøldrup are both beter than Agger,
Sorry, but I disagree. Agger is playing better football than Laursen has for years, and Krøldrup has never played as well for the NT as Agger has in his first four games. I doubt you've seen enough of Agger to make the call yet. He is immense. A future world class defender.

Kroldrup said:
and Kasper, why on earth would Olsen have used him? He has a decent number of caps, and he has had a magnificent season so far in the Bundesliga.
Because Helveg is the captain (won't be dropped), and Priske has been good for NT when played. Bøgelund hasn't played in the NT for a very long time. Either way, while I rate Bøgelund, he doesn't make a difference.

Kroldrup said:
Turkey, though, DO have replacements for those players. Their league is one of the best in Europe, and they have as an advantage.
They have strong depth, yes.

Kroldrup said:
Rustü, a keeper who is possibly one of the oldest in the world is no big player no more. It isn't that big of a blow. Nihat, truly a blow, but guess who came back..Turkey's all time goalscorer, Hakan Sukür.
But this is rediculous considering that Rüstü has been gold for Turkey and that Hakan Sükür shouldn't be anyway near their first line-up (just because Terim is the coach). Hakan is worthless today. And again - Emre is their MVP. Gone, plus other starters.

Overall a good performance today against a poor team, obviously made a lot worse after the red card. We could have easily scored 10, but 6-1 will do. Just a shame that we haven't found ourselves before this stage, beause we have the best football team in the group. Something we haven't shown, and thus, barring a miracle in Albania, we're out.

·
Registered
10,034 Posts
We do indeed have the best football team in this group which makes it hard to swallow.

Since we've been accustomed to qualifying for the championships maybe the players took it too much for granted that we'd probably get by in the end. Luck or a lack of that has played a role as well. is In any case, Danish football can afford to miss out on a big tournament for the first time since 1994; the potential is there to return stronger and be back where it belongs in 2008.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
I cannot get into my head we tied Georgia 2-2 away. Of course tonight was a cheap background with the red card and all but they were terrible even before that.

We should have tied up the qualification a long time ago considering the group we are in. We have so many good things going right for us now it's unbelievable we're most likely to miss out.

I have never in my life been this close and able to go to a World Cup and now we are going to miss out. The most terrible thing is we only have ourselves to blame. :(

·
Registered
335 Posts
Glen said:
Sorry, but I disagree. Agger is playing better football than Laursen has for years, and Krøldrup has never played as well for the NT as Agger has in his first four games. I doubt you've seen enough of Agger to make the call yet. He is immense. A future world class defender.

Lol. That's a joke and a complete exaggeration. Laursen is one of Denmark's most important, and just because Agger may be big in the future, doen't mean that he's better than Laursen. That's just as funny as saying that Larsen is better than Tomasson :D

Because Helveg is the captain (won't be dropped), and Priske has been good for NT when played. Bøgelund hasn't played in the NT for a very long time. Either way, while I rate Bøgelund, he doesn't make a difference.

He could easily be dropped. It doesn't matter if you're the captain, what matters is that you play good football and are a kew player. Helveg is past that stage ever since Euro 2004. Tomasson could with no problems replace him.

They have strong depth, yes.

Agreed.

But this is rediculous considering that Rüstü has been gold for Turkey and that Hakan Sükür shouldn't be anyway near their first line-up (just because Terim is the coach). Hakan is worthless today. And again - Emre is their MVP. Gone, plus other starters.

Do yuo have any idea how many players Denmark had missing when they played in Parken? Yet we managed to draw 1-1, a beter result than the 2-2.
Check above in the bold :)

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
anyone know how he`s doing at Toulouse? Pity his time at Schalke didn`t work out well but it`s big pressure when you`re replacing Ebbe Sand and even now at Toulouse Johan Elmander
I think he is about to break into the starting XI, after all his injury's. But the Danish media haven't really reported anything.

·
Registered
58,956 Posts
now on loan to Feyenoord!

Comparable to Peter Møller? :D

21 - 32 of 32 Posts