Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
59,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stereotype obviously is for them to be a bit dim and simple but that obviously doesn't hold for all.

For example Martin Jol and Graeme Le Saux who both are art lovers while Gianfranco Zola and Angelos Charisteas :D play the piano and pretty well too.

Slaven Bilic plays in a rock band and apparently speaks 5 languages

Anymore you know?

and not educational qualifications cos we've had a thread about that IIRC but more interests and the kind of silly little facts we all like to know.

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Wasn't Les Ferdinand highly educated? And Arjan de Zeeuw has been in uni while playing at Wigan and Pompey.

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
A little known fact is that Zlatan Ibrahimovic has been working on a book at Inter. His check book.

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
For example Martin Jol and Graeme Le Saux who both are art lovers while Gianfranco Zola and Angelos Charisteas :D play the piano and pretty well too.
Actually, Charisteas sings pretty good too, he even has made some songs :D

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
The Politician. The man who uses his status as a professional footballer to voice his political opinions. The man who would not even be playing first division football if he wasn't born and bred scum.

Disgusting how he uses his profession to speak about politics.

·
Registered
44,362 Posts
Germán "El Mono" Burgos is a rock-singer :proud:

·
Banned
18,453 Posts
The Politician. The man who uses his status as a professional footballer to voice his political opinions. The man who would not even be playing first division football if he wasn't born and bred scum.

Disgusting how he uses his profession to speak about politics.

What's wrong with that? :confused:

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
He's a footballer, nobody cares about his political opinions.

I don't want politicians telling me what I should think about sports. I don't want athletes telling me what I should think about politics. They go hand in hand.

Oleguer is famous because he's a professional footballer, or at least attempts to be. He should stick to that and not take advantage of his status to voice his anti-Spanish garbage.

This is the same man who's been taken in before for striking police officers. He's an idiot and should not be involved in politics, or if he wants to, don't tell us about it. We don't care about that, we just want to see his buffoonery on the pitch.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
I started it off with sarcasm by calling him a sophisticated footballer, and I was asked a question. So I expanded on it. Deal with it, jani.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
In all seriousness, this guy's a genius when he talks.

·
Banned
18,453 Posts
He's a footballer, nobody cares about his political opinions.

I don't want politicians telling me what I should think about sports. I don't want athletes telling me what I should think about politics. They go hand in hand.

Oleguer is famous because he's a professional footballer, or at least attempts to be. He should stick to that and not take advantage of his status to voice his anti-Spanish garbage.

This is the same man who's been taken in before for striking police officers. He's an idiot and should not be involved in politics, or if he wants to, don't tell us about it. We don't care about that, we just want to see his buffoonery on the pitch.

See you want to put people in boxes, i.e. you're a chef please keep
your opinions to food etc.

I think a politican can talk about whatever they like, and the same
for a footballer. Oleguer is passionate about his political views, he can
air them anywhere, anytime he likes.

Freedom of speech and opinion.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
No, no... we're getting confused here. I mean I do not want to hear Oleguer wearing a Barcelona jersey, at a Barcelona press conference, talking about politics. That has happened far too many times. Nobody wants to hear that. If he wants to hold his rallies with his brainwashed followers, then fine, but not from a footballing platform.

·
Scudetto
23,387 Posts
I can deal with it, of course, but it was just blatantly obvious you were having a cheap shot at Barca :D

·
Registered
62,100 Posts

·
Banned
18,453 Posts
No, no... we're getting confused here. I mean I do not want to hear Oleguer wearing a Barcelona jersey, at a Barcelona press conference, talking about politics. That has happened far too many times. Nobody wants to hear that. If he wants to hold his rallies with his brainwashed followers, then fine, but not from a footballing platform.

Why not? It's the Catalan press right? They ask those questions.

The world is not Xtratime of (no politics allowed).

I doubt a journo would ask Oleguer: What did you think of Zaragoza
performance today?

Oleguer: Well, to be frank, they were not as efficient as General
Franco's firing squads, they didn’t have a killer instinct, and in all
honesty perhaps they should break away from the Spanish league
and join us, hopefully in the new Catalan league. :hopeful:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts