Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'Fatih Sonkaya to Galatasaray'

Reliable Dutch source VI.nl reports that Roda and Gala have already agreed a fee and it's now only to up a bankgarantee by Gala to convince Fatih himself to come to Turkey.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Very good signing for Galatasaray IMO.
Been impressed by him every time i've seen him. :thumbsup:

·
*the drum drum*
42,528 Posts
He's a good player, reliable..
Not as good as Fatih Akyel (so no starting spot in the NT for Sonkaya), but much more consistant..

I thought GS wasn't signing any players though? I'll run a quick check on some websites ;)

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Roda JC's official website reports the news too that they have agreed a fee with Gala. They only make a huge mistake by saying that Gala is the club of Ronald de Boer. :eek:

I thought that Sonkaya was a bit too undisciplined in the field this season. Making a bit too many fouls. Still a good player non the less.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
verrry good transfer, so it'll mean that we've signed three 21 year olds: ibrahim akin (playmaker), emrah umut (central defender), and fatih sonkaya (right back)

this team is only gettin younger and younger, the future is ours...

·
Registered
667 Posts
Well, I have never really been impressed with Fatih. Whenever I have watched him he has seemed quite slow and a bit clumsy in the tackle, always prone to picking up yellow or even red cards. Still, he is young and he is Turkish, and, under the current circumstances, he is probably the best we can do. We need some depth at right back right now, and he will add to our options (if he is actually coming).

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Well, I only saw him with the Turkish National Team at the Confederations Cup, and he seemed quite good. I wasn't much impressed either, but as it was his first games with the National Team, I think it was quite normal. I have heard good things about him from Holland, so hopefully he will be good transfer.
Like you said yari-Turk, "he is young and Turkish", this means he will adapt to his new life in Istanbul (if he really comes) more easily, and he can still progress.

I think we are on the good way to recover (if we keep buying young players), but we must be patient. We won't be back to the top very quickly. It will take time, and it is better like this. We are buying young players who have a will to succeed at least as much as the precedent generation. We have to build the new team around them, with two or three older players, like Mondragon and Ergün. We might not play well immediately, and not succeed as much as we would like, but I think it doesn't matter, because the team will be young, and they need a time of adaptation. Hopefully we will be ready for next season, and we will be able to buy the players we need at the end of the season. But please, take it easy when the team will under-perform, they really need time.
Unfortunately it took us one season and half to realise what we needed. I think too many people wanted to succeed immediately. But even if we had, it won't have been helpful. We must look to the future and not build a team for one or two season like we tried to do last summer. Taking younger players is a danger, and also it takes more time to make it a successfull team, but in the end it is better. The team with the older players could have been successfull, but after? They would have been so this season and maybe the next one too, but after everything was to start over once again.
Just take a look to Fenerbahçe, last season they decided to change their methods. They finally found a coach who knows what to do and who to buy. They might not win the league this season, but I don't see this as a problem for them. It might even be better. But next season they will be the favorites with Besiktas (especially if Besiktas makes the right transfers). They have a young and dynamic squad of Turkish players, plus several good foreigners (where they need them). Daum know there is no need to hurry, so he bought the right players.
Many people forgot how we found success in the past. When Fatih Terim first came, he didn't made big transfers, except Hagi and Knup (who finally was a failure with Galatasaray). We made it step by step with young Turkish players by the time. We won the league in our first season (which might not be possible anymore, because the league has progressed a lot). At the time, I was quite happy, but unsure if it was the best thing for the team. Sometimes it is better for a team to not win in their first season together, so they don't lost their heads after. It was soon confirmed that it wasn't much helpful, as we were 9 pojnts behind the leader very quickly at the start of the next season. Fortunately we found back our form, and you now the rest.
This is what we need to do now if want to find back the success we had. Step by step we must build the team, with young players. Hopefully it will work, but once again be patient with this team.

·
Registered
59,019 Posts
Steady player, not spectacular imo.

He had disciplinary problems this year with Roda though. Got sent off for a stupid challenge and then he almost punched a player in his own team in his rage :howler: :D he then got suspended by his club for a game.

Still he should add strength to your team and give Prates competiton for his spot or do you guys think that Terim has another role in his head for Fatih? like central defender

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
kubi said:
Well, I only saw him with the Turkish National Team at the Confederations Cup, and he seemed quite good. I wasn't much impressed either, but as it was his first games with the National Team, I think it was quite normal. I have heard good things about him from Holland, so hopefully he will be good transfer.
Like you said yari-Turk, "he is young and Turkish", this means he will adapt to his new life in Istanbul (if he really comes) more easily, and he can still progress.

I think we are on the good way to recover (if we keep buying young players), but we must be patient. We won't be back to the top very quickly. It will take time, and it is better like this. We are buying young players who have a will to succeed at least as much as the precedent generation. We have to build the new team around them, with two or three older players, like Mondragon and Ergün. We might not play well immediately, and not succeed as much as we would like, but I think it doesn't matter, because the team will be young, and they need a time of adaptation. Hopefully we will be ready for next season, and we will be able to buy the players we need at the end of the season. But please, take it easy when the team will under-perform, they really need time.
Unfortunately it took us one season and half to realise what we needed. I think too many people wanted to succeed immediately. But even if we had, it won't have been helpful. We must look to the future and not build a team for one or two season like we tried to do last summer. Taking younger players is a danger, and also it takes more time to make it a successfull team, but in the end it is better. The team with the older players could have been successfull, but after? They would have been so this season and maybe the next one too, but after everything was to start over once again.
Just take a look to Fenerbahçe, last season they decided to change their methods. They finally found a coach who knows what to do and who to buy. They might not win the league this season, but I don't see this as a problem for them. It might even be better. But next season they will be the favorites with Besiktas (especially if Besiktas makes the right transfers). They have a young and dynamic squad of Turkish players, plus several good foreigners (where they need them). Daum know there is no need to hurry, so he bought the right players.
Many people forgot how we found success in the past. When Fatih Terim first came, he didn't made big transfers, except Hagi and Knup (who finally was a failure with Galatasaray). We made it step by step with young Turkish players by the time. We won the league in our first season (which might not be possible anymore, because the league has progressed a lot). At the time, I was quite happy, but unsure if it was the best thing for the team. Sometimes it is better for a team to not win in their first season together, so they don't lost their heads after. It was soon confirmed that it wasn't much helpful, as we were 9 pojnts behind the leader very quickly at the start of the next season. Fortunately we found back our form, and you now the rest.
This is what we need to do now if want to find back the success we had. Step by step we must build the team, with young players. Hopefully it will work, but once again be patient with this team.
A very insightful post...;)

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
fatih sonkaya is betta than cesar pratez in defending, but when it xcomes to wingin to the front too, cesar is muuuch betta...

if we get him i would like this D:

fatih sonkaya---suat usta--orhan ak---ilker erbay
or
fatih sonkaya---gabriel tamas--emrah umut---ilker erbay
or even
-----------fatih sonkaya--gabriel tamas--suat usta

we need moe young defenders and he would be a mad good signin...

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Fatih Sonkaya's agent has revealed that his client's move to Galatasaray may not go through.
The 22-year-old full back, who has duel Dutch and Turkish nationality, had looked set to join Gala after they agreed a fee of £500,000 with Roda JC.

However, the two parties are struggling to agree personal terms and his agent Janusz Kowalik suggests he would prefer to stay in Holland or move to Germany.

"He would have trouble with the fact that it is such a big step at such a young age," said Kowalik.

"Fatih is happy at Roda JC and if he leaves he would prefer a Dutch club or a German Bundesliga club.

"Fatih is young, still lives at home with his father and mother.

"There's also something else as we have made Galatasaray an offer - they responded to that and we haven't reached an agreement."
:groan: :rolleyes: :groan:

·
*the drum drum*
42,528 Posts
Now I see why Terim went after this transfer :rollani:

Prates was 1 day late arriving back from holiday, he claims something about delays etc etc..
On arrival, Terim's first words to him where "I told you to be here yesterday, you've been fined $10,000"... And then during training, Terim kept signalling 10 with his hands to Prates implying $10,000 :rollani:

This was from Cumhuriyet, so it's not one of those full of crap papers..

I'm waiting for the day a player knocks Terim out... Or at least tries :D

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Tolga said:

Prates was 1 day late arriving back from holiday, he claims something about delays etc etc..
On arrival, Terim's first words to him where "I told you to be here yesterday, you've been fined $10,000"... And then during training, Terim kept signalling 10 with his hands to Prates implying $10,000 :rollani:

terim looks like a naughty boy.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sonkaya said no. He thinks it's to soon for him to play for a club like Gala already.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Tolga said:

When it is about Fenerbahçe you don't believe such things, but when it concerns Galatasaray you do!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts