Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if an offer from the blaugrana is on the table for a trezeguet-eto'o swap, what would you do? all things considered.

cos me personally, i'm having a tough time sorting through it. i love trezeguet with everything i have but bottom line is we don't have the coin to let sentimentality prevail. he's 31, and to get eto'o in exchange would be a huge ROI.

clearly however, it's another thing to pull the trigger.

juventini thoughts only. neutrals or non-juve supporters...i couldn't care less what your thoughts are.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Its not even a debate. If the interest in a swap was there; the salary demands of Eto'o wasn't beyond us, and Barca did not wish for too much additional compensation, Juve would snap at this deal so hard Laporta would lose an arm.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
...he also has the kind of ability that has made him score 77 goals in 108 league games with Barca - which combined with a mad work rate, insane speed and good abilities as an assistman makes him quite frankly the most devastating striker around.

There is one knock on him though - the last two seasons he has missed half of both through injury. But its a gamle I'd make for a 27 year old Eto'o every day of the week compared to a Trez rounding 31 years at the start of the season. And if it wasn't such a cliché I'd say that I love Trezeguet.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
It barks at no-one else but me,
like it's seen a ghost.
I guess it's seen the sparks a-flowin,
no-one else would know.
Hey man, slow down, slow down,
idiot, slow down, slow down.

Sometimes I get overcharged,
that's when you see sparks.
They ask me where the hell I'm going?
At a 1000 feet per second,

hey man, slow down, slow down,

Hey man, slow down, slow down,

·
Registered
34,484 Posts
Point is that you can compare eto and trez (their goalscoring), but how can you even compare Ambro with Gerrard? Gerrard scores ~10 league goals a season. Ambro needs 10 years to score as many :D

·
Registered
867 Posts
I have a mixed opinion about him. He is surely a great player (dare I say better then Trezeguet) and also younger. But being an injury plagued drama queen that demands a great paycheck, nulls his advantage. So in light of that I'd rather keep Trezeguet

·
Registered
18,454 Posts
The gap between Trezeguet and Eto'o is unknown. They are each very well proven in separate leagues.

I think Barcea could have sat Eto'o for Trezeguet last season for the Man Utd CL ties. He also posessed little physical/aerial game or playmaking ability. He is not an ideal prima or secunda for Serie A...

·
Registered
34,926 Posts
The gap between Trezeguet and Eto'o is unknown. They are each very well proven in separate leagues.

I think Barcea could have sat Eto'o for Trezeguet last season for the Man Utd CL ties. He also posessed little physical/aerial game or playmaking ability. He is not an ideal prima or secunda for Serie A...
Trez was hardly very useful against EPL opposition in recent CL encounters (Liverpool, Arsenal).

The gap when it comes to the valuation of the players obviously has to do with age as well.

They've both proven enough to give us an idea of their ability, imo, also in case of a swap.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts