Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unbelievable.....

"They had a lot of time to prepare for this World Cup, not as we did. You know, the Portuguese players are engaged with European leagues. We only had two weeks of preparation. This is not an excuse."
-Antonio Oliveira

It's not an excuse...then why say such a thing...Dumb :ass:

I think the guy is still on his frickin honeymoon and maybe he was not prepared.

·
International
5,629 Posts
Flotown said:
Unbelievable.....

"They had a lot of time to prepare for this World Cup, not as we did. You know, the Portuguese players are engaged with European leagues. We only had two weeks of preparation. This is not an excuse."
-Antonio Oliveira

It's not an excuse...then why say such a thing...Dumb :ass:

I think the guy is still on his frickin honeymoon and maybe he was not prepared.
Flow Baby, of course da man wasn't prepared! He still thinks the US plays with collegiate players with that comment.

The guy is an embarrassment to the profession. I don't think he should even be allowed to coach the local 9-Under club.

They not only got outplayed, but we're completely surprised by it. If that's not a sign of unpreparedness...I don't know what is.

Just hope they at least took time to see the last 5 Polish games.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
plez, if that isnt a load of crap if i ever heard one. Heres the reason why Portugal lost. Portugal quickly let up an early goal. Anytime that happens ur in shock, especially in a competition like the world cup, and further more when ur are expected of such great things, that goal stunned everybody. Second I personnaly think Portugal had the jitters beggining the match, and when they let up that goal, it got worse. Next and this is what i think personally killed us, was the freak accident second goal. Its worse enough we were down a goal, and not having great succes attacking, but when a goal like that happens from 2 defensive blunders, team mural goes down, and momentum switches. The rest of the players just like the fans are thinking how the hell can we trust this defense. And if they werent thinking that then, I bet they were when mcBride scored. hell i was playing better defense the couto, beto, and costa when the goal was scored. P.S i know right now everyone is anti Baia but this goal was not is fault. And know my freinds when u are down 3-0 it is extremly tough to come back from. Especially with a group of GREAT athlets like the US. Esp. ever since the first goal Portugal was playing ketchup all day, and basically we played o the U.S advantage. They didnt let the bonita futebol portuguese come out, we basically ran after them the whole game, and around the 75-80 minute mark our tanks ran out.

Thats why Portugal lost the game, screw that we werent prepared like they were crap, admit the fact the US were the better team this day.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
I will say one thing
Oliveira best be pulling some serious rabbitts out of his sorry ass over the next month to save him being dumped in the same bucket with Artur Jorge !!!!!!!!!!!

M

·
0 Posts
I think its about time we got a coach who will get the best out of the players all the time and against every opponent. Pacheco woudl be a good choice but i doubt he will leave Boavista!

·
International
5,629 Posts
OGOLO said:
screw oliveira , u can get me or or red eagle to coach
Hell yeah!

Plus I smoke! :D

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Yeah Tony really must've been drunk that day.

·
Registered
323 Posts
in my opinion pacheco is not a national team coach!!

i think and i'm sure that the right man for the job is [the father of the golden generation] CARLOS QUEIROS he is the only one that brought success to portugal in the world stage and he is so goofd that he is the one pick up by sir alex ferfuson to become the future manchester united coach.!

it is sad to realize how naive and ingnorant our people in charge in our country are and that is at all levels, government etc.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Isnt Humberto Coelho a free agent at the moment ????

I would be hounding Jaime Pacheco if I were Mr. Madail at thre moment . Atleast Pacheco knows all good teams are built from the back , forward. We have the fire power - our defense is what needs building after this world cup , plus a mass retirements I expect after this

Paulo Sousa
Vitor Baia
Jorge Costa
Fernando Couto
Figo ????????????
Rui Costa ???????????
Paulo Bento

Thats a whole chunk of experience !!!!!!

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Figo stated just last week that he will retire much sooner than people expect. He also said football is not everything to him and he is not planning to be involved with it after retirement. That's great Luis, but please, concentrate on the job at hand huh?? ;) The sexy wife will still be there after you've put in a good show for Portugal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts