Xtratime Community banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Administrator
52,841 Posts
Hey now, I'm gonna pretend that didn't make me shed a single tear.

~Sheena

Cant stay mad at queen of the jungle for too long.

NEcwmzeSOwg

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
A forum this size will cost you $5,000 a year just to keep it running. Each year, every year. There aren't a whole lot of posters who would be willing to spend that kind of money without ever seeing a cent in return.

That was the whole reason it was sold to VS in the first place. Because it's simply too expensive to keep up. Xtratime should have died twice already. First was when Jan abandoned it and had a $10,000 debt with the host. And the second time was in the months leading up to the sale to VS, when it had become clear this was no longer affordable.

Think what you will of VS but without them there wouldn't be an XT.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
It's not just the money. You also need people who know the technical side of things. Xtratime was very fortunate to have Martin, who was always willing to fix things whenever the forum broke down. But such people are hard to find. Especially because they have to volunteer their time.

·
Registered
13,947 Posts
When I was a Super at BigSoccer I frequently put in 8 hours a day, completely volunteer, working on keeping things flowing smoothly.

Yeah, **** that :D.

·
Administrator
823 Posts
Anyone seeing any improvement in their missing posts/threads? Looked at one example I had and it's back. Let me know! Clear cookies just to be sure if you don't see it right away.

Kevin

61 - 80 of 91 Posts