Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, I really am on seventh heaven after winning this title, but reading some stats on glas-javnosti this morning made me feel even better.. :D :D

And here they are:

1. Zvezda has broken the Yugoslav record when it comes to successive wins - 16!
That is also a European record, but I don't know if it's all time or just for this season

2.In those 16 games, our opponents have scored only 3 goals!! Even with including the other games, our defense still has the best score in Europe this year..

3. We have won the cup without conceeding a goal!!

4. And another interesting fact...Pjanovic isn't maybe our top scorer, but he is the best striker in the league considering "goals per match" , because he has scored his 22 goals in only 26 matches!! Something not even I knew, so BRAVO PJANOVIC!!!! :D

I know our league isn't exactly as competitive as Serie A, but still this is very impressive, and another proof that "zvezdino prolece" really exists..! :D :D :D :D

M

·
0 Posts
I wont argue with you on the first 3 facts.Because they cannot be argued, its fact but that fourth stat really dosent mean anything.First of all he may be the best scorer on average but whos to say that if he played as many games as Kezman that he would score more because the bulk of Pjanovics goals came after the second derby and since the Zvezda have only had 1 tough game and thats Obilic.And since the second derby Partizans games have been against tougher opponents.Im not saying that Pjanovic is crap,his good but you got to look at the other factes.But if Zvezda had the same games as Partizan I would be pretty sure that Pjanovics tally would at this point be under the 20 mark.
Kezman is also 2 years younger and at that early age 2 years makes a big difference. Pjanovic does from what I hear have a 100% record against Partizan,4 goals in 4 matches but Kezman has 5 agianst Zvezda in 5 matches and like you say RS Forever Zvezda has the best defence and Kezman done this at the age of 21.But I do wish the best to both Players in the future becasue they are great talents. :)

[This message has been edited by Mijatovic (edited 19-05-2000).]

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What would have happened if he had played the rest of those games is something I cannot predict and neither can you, but the fact is that he has a better goalscoring average, so I'll let the experts say what they think about that... :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts