Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do you generate your tactics on your own ideas or use something that is made by "professional" tactics maker?

I personally, do my own stuff, since it gives much more spice to the game and headache to me when I'm losing and have to change it. The last time I used d/l tactic was in 03/04, but I edited this one a bit also.

Do you buy same players all over again?

Bah, thinks it is boring, eventhough some of these guys may be very talented. Like to find someone new all the time. Sure I may look at some player few times in different games or buy him with me when I go too some other club in current game since I know he's good in that special game.

Which are your transfer methods or prospects?

I like to buy my clubs native country players. Preferably internationals, but I usually wont just do rush transfers, unless it's needed. I buy players which I really need. Age doesen't really matter, but I prefer players around 24-25.

How do you work on youngsters?

When it's possible, I take my youngsters off to first team and give them a chance in last league games. It has worked sometimes and some players have really developed into hot stuff. And I'm not talking about those youngsters I sometimes buy, I'm talking about players from youth teams.

How do you pick your new clubs/games?

I first think what I'd like to do. My latest one is climbing up in the career ladder, but before it, I just played with my favourite club, to make them succesful and some times ago, I also wanted to make a first division club into biggest club in country. I get those ideas while playing my previous game. After I have decided, that I'm doing that kind of game, I usually shortlist myself some leagues and then some clubs and there I go off. In sorting clubs, I usually take a club with biggest stadium in the league or something like that.

:star: :heart:

Edit:

And do you have a certain team you will play with in your first game in new version you get?

I always start with Inter, do get clear view of the things in the game. I play a season or two.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Nice one, Tanel. :thumbsup:

Do you generate your tactics on your own ideas or use something that is made by "professional" tactics maker?

I have found that I'm a rather useless tactician, and I therefore tend to use tactics that either came with the game or were made by someone else. In CM 01/02 it was 442 Nakano, in CM 03/04 442 Kantspel, and in FM 06 it is the 442 Diamond Attacking that came with the original game. I don't exactly remember the ones before that... Of course, I try to alter them somewhat to better suit my squad, but I prefer to keep the changes to a minimum.

I have a tendency to do so -- in FM 06 it always seems to be Guarin, Kompany, and Sneijder -- but I also try to make an effort to go after other players in new games, just to see how they compare to my usual favorites and to make things more interesting.

I prefer to go with the players that are relatively young but already somewhat established. Someone who is not famous enough to be overly expensive or old enough to retire sooner rather than later. However, I also like to add some unknown youngster to the mix to see which ones I can develop, and I'm always happy to add veteran players with expiring contracts.

Usually I give them a handful of first team opportunities if they are still 16 or 17, for valuable experience and to see how they respond. But I do try to keep them in the reserve squad until they get a bit older, as I learned early on not to overplay the younger players. I managed to burn our Saviola when he was still at River, because I made him a regular starter when he was only 17.

That's a tricky one... It really depends on the situation. Sometimes I pick a club because I like it in real life and just want to have some fun (e.g. Bayern). I may base my decision on a club that's hot in real life at the moment (e.g. Barça). Other time I base it on wanting a new experience (CSKA Moscow) or on suggestions from others (FCU Poli), or I simply want to revisit a club I managed a few years ago to see how things have changed (Dortmund).

And do you have a certain team you will play with in your first game in new version you get?

I used to start with Bayern or Milan, but in CM 03/04 I went straight to Crvena Zvezda because I had been anxious to finally get to manage in the Serb league. I also wanted to experience the newest leagues in FM 06, and so I went to FCU Poli in Romania. Who knows what it'll be in FM 07; if more leagues are added, I might go there, if not, I might go to Bayern.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts

No, I create my own tactics. I didnt even know there was a tactic maker.

I also save my tactics and use them on different teams but answering the question, I create my own style and tactic depending on the strengths of the team I manage.

I have my favourites yes but I dont continue to buy the same ones over and over for every team I manage.

For example, I use my scouts and I use the search in detail facility for the exact type of player I need regardless if their value is £20k or £2m.

I take into consideration the language barrier and age.

If I manage Celtic and find a player I need urgently (striker for example) who players in Africa and is more than the ideal price I wont dive straight in and buy him. As above, I use my scouts a lot and take their advice.

I let them develop before giving them first team football. Some I might bring up straight away give them the odd game but generally I let them develop so I can monitor their consistency.

I either go with a team I support or have a keen liking for or one which will give me a challenge to take them to better heights.

Yes, Celtic everytime.

·
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
42,192 Posts

I make my own tactics. I did it for CM01/02,CM4 and FM2005 and 2006. I normally make around 2 to 3 tactics for a game. I base it on my own vision. This is how i want to play. I dont tweak around to let the tactic fit the players. The players have to fit the tactic.

I search for players that fit my tactic, so i really dont have a "shortlist". But I do always buy Azar Karadas :heart: there is just something about him :heart: But I'm known to have this talent for finding great cheap players :stuckup: But its nothing special. I just look at the stats that are needed to play in my tactic :)

All depends on the situation at the club. How much cash there is? If there is a shortage on players on that position, or the players suck on that position.

I place them in the first team so that they can train with the big boys. That raises their stats quick. And sometimes if Im in a good mood I let them play for a couple of minutes.

I have come to the point that I cant keep my attention to one game. If I start dominating I lose interest. I now basicly keep busy with challenges.

Feyenoord, Gyor, Bayern, Kaiserslautern, Lazio and Red Star.

·
Fourth Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
7,783 Posts

I use the presets and my own stuff n helpful tips from drito

try not too but some faces i cant help bring but bring in, but im alway discovering new talent.

If im too sign players, i usually try not to make it 5million or more, they have to be young normally. I love bosmans, and drito seems to think i have a GK fetish :p

always put the good ones in the reserves, if they look good play well, ill put em on bench. of first team.

i dunno. factors of either or all of money, stadium size, current crop of players n challenge ahead, i strictly play europe though.

Edit:

Arsenal to get a feel then stevenage boro

·
Registered
1,872 Posts

Depends on whether im in for a quick 1-season shot or a career game. If a career game then I create my own, if a quick 1-season shot I use presets

Sometimes. There are certain ones I like to take with me, usually 1/2 and the rest I search for

I see whether the first team is strong enough. If so, I look at back-up and the occasional hot prospect. It first team is not strong enough I concentrate on that. I sign native internationals and bright young talents, and mix in some foreign talent

If the league is won with time to spare, I use youngsters in the remaining games. I also use them in the first couple of cup rounds.

I pick nation and then clubs.

Celtic. All the time.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts

ive never imported tactics into the game, so i normally use the other options of making own or using theones that come with the game.

i very rarely buy the same people game after game, and if i do its becouse i have had them scouted, some players are better in one game than others.

when buying players i like to do a mixture, a few prospects and one or two players to go straight into my first team usually does the job for me.

well i try to loan youngsters out and gradually bring them to first team football.

well as you would have noticed from my storys, im not the most adventurous manager, i try to stick to clubs that i have a intrest in,, but some times i just have a urge to manage a club.

usually i go for one of the big clubs in england..

·
Registered
8,447 Posts

I create my own tactics, i'm very proud of my 4-2-3-1, even if it keeps on sucking for Depor :D Only when i'm very desperate, i go for the classic pre-defined 4-4-2 formation.

I don't like buying the same names again and again. I kept on doing that on CM4 but it just made me to become bored soon.

Age - never matter, only in case of transfer fee, even if i'd love to have once succesfull team full of 33 - 35 yrs old players :D
As for method, i prefer loans and in Italia co-ownerships than full ownerships whenever possible.

Depends on my club, but once i want to try playing for Lecce kind of team, just to bring players on cheap and then selling them for huge, with NO big transfers in.

I like bringing small/lower division clubs higher, nowadays in FM06 it's pretty hard, but i had so much fun by CM4 with that. To play for a certain team, i need to have some "relationshitp" to this team, just once I played for a team that i never suported in my life - Rayo - thx Tanel for tip ;)

No surprise... always :heart: Fiorentina :heart:

And Tanel, nice idea this thread! :thumbsup:

·
*the drum drum*
42,575 Posts
Nice questions..

I'll sometimes read around the SIGames forum a little to see what sorts of systems are giving people success, but ultimately create my own..
I like to simulate tactics that sit closely with the way I see football, and lately I've been basing it on the Chelsea - Barcelona 4-3-3 system (believe it or not, despite what seem very conflicting styles of play, they both have an almost identical basis).

Somewhat guilty. Though if I have a choice between two players that I've narrowed it down to, and in past I've worked with one of them, I'll try and sign the other one first.. That said, a fair few of the same names always wind up on my shortlist :eek:

Sign young and squad players domestically, and sign foreigners when I need a key (starting) player. I like to keep a strong domestic base to the side, but that said if the choice is down to signing for example one of Fatih Tekke (domestic) and Fred (foreigner), I'll quite clearly opt for the foreign option..

I like to throw them into the deep end. Those who survive will continue to train with the first team and play a lot of matches off the bench and in cup games. Those who don't go back to the youth squad and may or may not get another chance..
I also like to train and adapt them to more positions from a young age. It pays off when they're talented players..

Depends on how I feel at the time. In past, Lyon has really attracted me to French football so I've played a few games there, things like that..

Almost always start with someone I'm familiar with, so Fenerbahçe is quite often the starting place for me when I get the game..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts