Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

This is the first time I've been in this section of Xtratime, and I wanted to ask some questions. I'm Turkish and I wanted to find out what do people here think of the players Gokdeniz Karadeniz of Rubin Kazan and Fatih Tekke of Zenit St. Petersburg? I'm not sure of the opinions I'll get, but I wanted to find out how these players are doing in Russia in your opinions.

I also wanted to ask if anyone here has ever heard of the podcast called Russian Football Now? I've heard it a few times and that was partially the inspiration for me to come here. Their website is located here. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the responses and maybe start to follow, what I believe to be, one of the rising leagues in Europe.

·
Registered
66,254 Posts
No problem man. Gokdeniz was one of Russia's best attacking mids/wingers this year, always always plays hard and has really impressed since coming over from Turkey. As far as Tekke goes, interesting player, very crafty and skillful. Hasn't been given a proper chance imho, rumor has it that he's likely going back to Turkey at the end of the year.

Thanks for the site btw, I know that the non-Russian speaking RPL fans will like it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Hasn't been given a proper chance imho, rumor has it that he's likely going back to Turkey at the end of the year.
Tekke started in all the games from Round 18, after a Dutch coach who alienated him was sacked. He was the sole consistent striker for Zenit and in the meantime they climbed from seventh in the table to third (CL).

If they signed Pavlyuchenko, Tekke may be released for free. :howler: Though, Trabzon or any other Turkish clubs aren't very generous in payment with a 32-year-old local.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No problem man. Gokdeniz was one of Russia's best attacking mids/wingers this year, always always plays hard and has really impressed since coming over from Turkey. As far as Tekke goes, interesting player, very crafty and skillful. Hasn't been given a proper chance imho, rumor has it that he's likely going back to Turkey at the end of the year.

Thanks for the site btw, I know that the non-Russian speaking RPL fans will like it. :thumbsup:
Sure, a friend of mine whom I've known since high school married a Russian chick does that podcast, and I wanted to spread the word. I figured with with this being a popular forum site, they might get more traffic. I happen to have a very high opinion of Karadeniz's play and still wonder why he hadn't been called up to the Turkish national team lately. Hopefully his continued success will lead to more call ups. I had read in the Turkish sports daily Fanatik that he rates the Russian league highly, said its very competitive.

Any thoughts on the podcast, if you've listened to it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts