Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, haven't been able to post something since I'm back from Basque Country, due to lack of time.

Anyway, a bit late, but here some pictures of the matches I visited.
On Saturday I visited together with Glewlwyd Gafael Sestao versus Bilbao Athletic, just as on Sunday morning Santutxu versus Gatika, a fifth division match.
Then we seperated and I went quickly to Donostia to experience a match in Anoeta, Real Sociedad - Gimnàstic de Tarragona to finally return on time for the Athletic Club - Valencia match.

After these days of football on Monday I went to Zarautz and Donostia, on Tuesday I went to Pamplona (Iruña?).

Great weekend, maybe later some more pics / details :).

Saludos for now.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Nice pics!

You had luck with Athletic's game, eh!!!;) Did you like Las Llanas? and...you were with the Nàstic fans in Anoeta?:D

·
Registered
421 Posts
Nice pics! I´ll steel some for the sweish website if it is ok!?

Looks so friendly at Anoeta with the crowd sitting along the pitch. Like a small club game with la Liga crowd behind..

I miss Bilbao!!!!

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you like Las Llanas?
Surely, especially the terrace opposite to the stand (with seats). Personally I'm a fan of stadiums like these, here the atmosphere is most times like it used to be in the past, true football, no stuff which makes you remind of the 'modern football' nowadays.

and...you were with the Nàstic fans in Anoeta?:D
:D

You're right, I just went to the taquillas and asked for the cheapest one, Tribuna Baja or something like that, so no problem, bought my ticket and went to puerta 9, I was among the first entering, but after me there were a lot of Nástic fans, they were surely the majority in our stand.

However, they were cool fans, walking with Basque scarves :D:thmbup:.

Is that stand always the away stand in Anoeta? There were some Erreala fans in as well.

Some good pics there.

Did you have any other pics or were they all just of the football ?
I've got much more, went up with the cable thingy to Artxanda so I could take pictures of Bilbao from the height, even saw the airport and the sea :D.
Also went to Zarautz, Donostia and Pamplona where I took pictures :).

Nice pics! I´ll steel some for the sweish website if it is ok!?
Yup, no problem.

Looks so friendly at Anoeta with the crowd sitting along the pitch. Like a small club game with la Liga crowd behind..
Well I still don't really understand that actually, I arrived about 2 hours before kickoff in Donostia, so about 15 mins later I arrived at Anoeta, and even at that time there were a lot of people, mainly kids, waiting to enter. All these fans could sit on the athletics track on wooden benches alongside the pics. It looked really friendly indeed.
Does anyone know or it's always like this in Anoeta, or maybe a special action for one day?

I miss Bilbao!!!!
Me too ;).

·
Registered
998 Posts
Nice one Knoert, would love to see some more non-football pics!

i recall seeing the little Erreala fans sitting on the athletics track in some older youtube vid but dont know anything about it...does look very nice indeed :)

i hope i'll make it to Basque Country for the first time this septemeber; it depends on my post-summer budget :D

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some more pictures...

Bilbao & surrounding area
Middle row, left and right one, you can see San Mamés.
Bottom center one is the airport, bottom right one the sea.

Zarautz
Watch especially the bottom left one in great :D.

Donostia - San Sebastian

Iruña - Pamplona

A little bit of football though (yes, I'm addicted), I went to El Sadar where I arrived during the siësta, so nothing to do, after taking some pictures from the outside I went to Txoko El Sadar where I had a great meal, then finally the office opened and I asked or maybe I could have a look inside the stadium. Where this is problematic anywhere, a very friendly girl let me in without a problem and left me alone somewhere in the stadium, I could go anywhere, dressing rooms, doping control, the pitch, press room, etc. it was really great! Some pictures;
Eskerrik Asko Osasuna :thmbup:.

By the way, also the Plaza de Toros was closed but I asked a painter who was working or he maybe could let me in, and guess, I was lucky! He told me very enthousiastic all the San Fermín details and really anything about the arena, just as he showed me it all.

In Pamplona live friendly people :D.

El Sadar, football stadium from Osasuna

My pics of one year ago.

Agur.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Thanks for beautiful pics. Hope I can visit there one day....:hopeful:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts