Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
  • The average age of the Nigerian team is 22 years and 11 months which makes them the youngest team at the tournament.
  • With an average age of 27 years and ten months, Argentina are amongst the oldest teams.
    [*] Nigeria have scored a goal in each of their eight previous matches at World Cups. (that's a goal every match, total of 14 goals in 8 appearances) - what's argentina's gol rate?
  • Nigeria have only lost one of their twelve international matches in 2002. That was the 2-1 defeat by Senegal at the African Nations Cup (and that was in extra time - Nigeria has not been defeated in 90 minutes in 2002).
  • Argentina are unbeaten for 17 matches - a run going back to July 2000 when they were defeated by Brazil in qualification.
  • Argentina and Nigeria have met once before at a World Cup. Claudio Caniggia scored twice (in questionable circumstances) for Argentina as they beat Nigeria 2-1 in 1994.
  • Nigeria always tops its group at the World Cup.

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
I hadn't realized that the Nigerian team was so young.

However, having just turned 30, I don't consider Argentina's average age of 27 to be old at all.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Humbird said:
I hadn't realized that the Nigerian team was so young.

However, having just turned 30, I don't consider Argentina's average age of 27 to be old at all.
:dielaugh:

PS: I am going to turn 27 years just by the coming of the year 2004..is that too old ?

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Already said here:) Statistics dont win the match.

And in any case, taken player by player, i find it hard to believe that any team will have better statistics than Argies;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts