- The average age of the Nigerian team is 22 years and 11 months which makes them the youngest team at the tournament.
- With an average age of 27 years and ten months, Argentina are amongst the oldest teams.
[*] Nigeria have scored a goal in each of their eight previous matches at World Cups. (that's a goal every match, total of 14 goals in 8 appearances) - what's argentina's gol rate?
- Nigeria have only lost one of their twelve international matches in 2002. That was the 2-1 defeat by Senegal at the African Nations Cup (and that was in extra time - Nigeria has not been defeated in 90 minutes in 2002).
- Argentina are unbeaten for 17 matches - a run going back to July 2000 when they were defeated by Brazil in qualification.
- Argentina and Nigeria have met once before at a World Cup. Claudio Caniggia scored twice (in questionable circumstances) for Argentina as they beat Nigeria 2-1 in 1994.
- Nigeria always tops its group at the World Cup.