Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Czech Republic team manager Vlastimil Kostal, also chairman of Sparta Prague, said: "I am satisfied with the draw. Austria, Belarus and Moldova should not be underestimated but I am convinced that our team is considerably stronger."

Czech Republic coach Karel Bruckner was cautious: "Austria is hard to call, mainly because it will be a bit like a derby. At first sight it may look like an easy group, but I'm sure that it's going to be difficult."

Karel Poborsky was cautiously optimistic. "We should outplay Austria, Belarus and Moldova, even though predictions tend to be treacherous," he said. "But if we don't take anything for granted, a place in the play-offs at least should be ours."

Holland captain Frank de Boer: "Austria were obviously a good football country in the past, but they have fallen away a bit in recent years. They proved that against Spain last year, when they lost by eight or nine goals. They are no longer what they used to be. "

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Being mentioned in one Atemzug with Belarus and Moldava really hurts, doesn´t it? :(

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...that much is true. Also I find it really entertaining to reinwachsen lassen the occasional local lingo expression, a habit we recently developed .......:)

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Well, it´s kinda useful when one lacks a vocabulary and is too bequem to look it up. :)

And Frank De Boer´s statement about Austria describes De Boer himself very nicely.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It does, but he will bite the dust. We will present the Niederlande with a Niederlage. We will beat them 2-2 at home, I'm totally sure. That however, only if DJ Derksen is not capped, of course.......

:)

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Well, couldn't we tell the same about the Netherlands? Those loosers didn't even reach the play-offs! ;)

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...their own fault, they didn't cap the DJ..

;)

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
My predictions:

We will beat Holland at home, lose away.
Two draws against the Czech republic - two real stalemates.

And we will make fools of ourselves against Belarus and Moldova. The boys will be highly motivated against the Oranjes and the Czechs, therefore I am optimistic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts