Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this topic is about some decisions which i think need to be made about the squad for next year.

the first is about Recoba ! where should he play ?? ... If left wing then can he really do it ?? selling him is a possiblity ??

second which also involves recoba is should we stick with the 442 ?? cuper basically likes the 4 man defence (not the 442) so other alternatives are 4312 (he used this with valancia) ??

the last is about J.Zanetti .... should he keep playing as a right back OR should we get some one else to play there and let him play in the midfield ??

i think if Cuper can deside what to do with these issues then we are ready for next year (offcourse this is about tactics not transfers !!)

what do u guys think ??

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Mohaned said:
the first is about Recoba ! where should he play ?? ... If left wing then can he really do it ?? selling him is a possiblity ??

second which also involves recoba is should we stick with the 442 ?? cuper basically likes the 4 man defence (not the 442) so other alternatives are 4312 (he used this with valancia) ??

the last is about J.Zanetti .... should he keep playing as a right back OR should we get some one else to play there and let him play in the midfield ??

what do u guys think ??
i really have no idea where should chino play coz he is not a natural winger...his best position is behind 2 strikers...but since cuper likes 4-4-2, i don't think he'll change it...i don't think we will sell him but i won't be surprised if we get a new left wing...

i think we should stick with 4-4-2 because our players did very well with 4-4-2...and cuper likes to play it...why change it when your coach believes it is your best formation???

to be honest, i think it's a waste to play j.zanetti as right back coz he is one of the best right midfielders in the world...IMO, we should move him to the midfield but i doubt cuper will do it...if we move zanetti to the midfield, then we can play ferraro as right back...ferraro has a lot of potential...we should play him more...if not, if we want to buy a true right back, try puyol...

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMO i think 442 is the best ... but, i think it all depends on recoba !
If he makes it as a winger than we should stick with the 442 ... however, If NOT then i think there are 2 options:

1. switch to 4312 ... this is a 4 man defence so cuper will still like it, also he has used this diamond formation with valancia many times before (mostly in his last year) ... SO it would be like this

........................Recoba.......................
......Emre..............................Dalmat....
......................C.Zanetti.......................

this way we i think Recoba will play in his best position ... also i think this will suite Dalmat since he is a centeral-wing kind of a player.... CZ will also be able to do his defencive work without thinking of the attack ..... Emre IMO will also find that this position will suit him espesially since Recoba will always move towards the left side. allowing Emre to be more centrelised.

2. SELL Recoba .... as much as love recoba, he is not above the team ... so if he cannot be a proper left winger and Cuper wants to play the 442 then i say SELL him .

At the end of the day what ever cuper & Moratti deside to do THE TEAM MUST BE READ FOR NEXT SEASON ! we cannot tryout line-ups through out the season ... decisions have to be made so we r ready for next year !

·
Registered
320 Posts
Wether or not Recoba should play on the leftwing depends entirely on who we get as a leftback. If we get a leftback who is really strong defensivly (Coco, Chivu) then Recoba could fill out the leftwing position. On the other hand if someone like Roberto Carlos is bought then it would, imo, be suicide to play Recoba on the leftwing. The leftflank would simply be far to offensive!

As for the formation then i would like to see 3-4-1-2 but knowing that Cuper is an expert in 4-4-2 and having seen what he has done with Inter this season then i really wouldn't mind if Inter continued with 4-4-2. The only adjustment i would make is a more offensive central midfielder. Such a player could free more space for the wingers and also add more depth into our game.

J. Zanetti should, imo, stay at the rightback. First and foremost he has had 1 of his best seasons ever. Why would we wanna give him a new position? and secondly I don't think that J. Zanetti would be the best choise as a rightwinger when we play the system we do. He is a great dribler and good at running in the depth but he is a defensivly orientated player so he should play a defensiv position. Also I can't recall having seen a lot of crosses from him. Anyone know about his crossingabilities?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the thing is with zanetti at least he can get some cross in !!

i mean conceicao hardly gets any in ! same for seedorf who moves the center to much. .... zanetti when he gets the ball and makes a run from his posistion RB, then either he runs towards the penalty area or he goes for the overlap behind the winger for the cross, and we all know he can run with the ball ... and so he gets his crosses in COZ he can get past his marker, its TURE that he is not a better crosser than conceicao BUT atleast he gets more crosses in so he makes more scoring oppritunities than conceicao !!!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Zanetti might get more crosses in that Conseicao and Seedorf but if Cuper were to play Zanetti as a rightwinger there would still be 2 problems.

1. Who should be rightback? As far as i can see there are 2 options. Cuper could play Vivas or he could play Simic who would probably be perfered. But nomatter which one of these players play it will still leave us with a far worse rightback than Zanetti. So basically the way I see it we would just move the weakness to the rightback....

2. Zanetti will play a new position so it really isn't posible to tell if he would get to cross more than the others. Afterall he would be in a totally different position than he has been this year. There will be far less chances to overlap cuz he will most of the time be the player who is closest to the backline. Therefore he would have to drible past the defender instead of run past him.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Why mess with it, if it ain't broke???
you know what I mean!?
Javier Zanetti has played has well has anybody in Europe as our right-fullback. So UNLESS, he says that he doesn't want to play there next year, I'd keep him there.
Alvaro Recoba is not a left-winger, not even close really!! Recoba is a striker, or one that plays behind strikers, but really is a striker. Recoba's salary is too high for him to sit on the bench, so unless Recoba turns into Ryan Gyggs for Cuper and Moratti over the summer, which I doubt, I would sell him.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the thing with recoba is that coz of his high salary it is hard to find a buyer !!!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
COME ON GUYS ... i opened this thread to read some of ur ideas not to watch it get lost in the older pages !!:mad:

START TYPING !!!!!
:fero:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Zanetti no matter where he is played will still play great, but i agree that he is more helpful as defender cuz he still manages to help out in the midfield n as captain the more far back he is the better he sees the flaws in the team durin the game, n i prefer him defending as close to our goal as possible cuz i know he will get it cuz he is always reliable and consitente
also there r really few class rightbacks in the world other than him cafu, puyol, panucci, n arce being the only ones that come to mind for me, but on the wing i think we can give sergio conecicao another chance or play dalmat there
on the question of recoba as more as id prefer to see the diamond formation instead of the flat 4-4-2, we cant change the formation of an entire team to suit the style of one player as talented as he is, n i really doubt cuper will...n the reason he tried the diamond formation wit valencia is proably cuz of pressure from the managemente to use Aimar, but if im not mistaken i think he used a 4-4-1-1 more, right? n like that he was able to play aimar n maintain his flat 4 in midfield, but i think that formation is not likely to happen wit Inter cuz of Ronaldo and Vieri as probable starters...

·
Registered
390 Posts
and now that we apparently bought Coco i would like if we played a 3-5-2 as i think it brings a lot more out of the player but i doubt Cuper would ever play this but hell i can dream

--------------------------------------TOLDO

-------Simic(Gamarra)--------Materazzi----------Cordoba

J.Zanetti----------------------C.Zanetti-----------------------Coco

------------------Dalmat--------------------------Recoba

--------------------------Ronaldo-------------Vieri

this is whatd id like to see next yr but Cuper will probably stick to his 4-4-2 but as long as it brings us success its all good

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
I think since Coco is signed it is a hugh burden put away.

Simply because the left flank can't perform the best of its inconsistancy, and this has always become a worry of the team.

But now that coco arrives, we definately have a stronger flank. Alongside with dalmat and coco, they will simply kick anyone's ass. No need to worry players like candela, cafu, serginho and co. I absolutely don't think we need a new winger since dalmat should always be a regular. Once again, if dalmat is injuried or something, emre can play there and even guly can make an appearence.

For me though, i suppose we can use Chino on the left wing, but it's been proven that his position is FW. It's sad really since he is an influencial player, who scored a bunch last season besides vieri.

I think we should sign a defensive midfielder IF WE ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO. I think GIGI is still great and powerful, but we can't expect him to not exhaust himself in the CL and serieA together. We basically only have CZanetti, Farinos, okan, emre on the central midfield area now that seedorf is gone. We all know what a talent Okan is but it seems it's taking time for him to be an inter regular, which i really don't see him playing for inter for long. He was never really needed tactically, just part of the sukur package.

The right wing we should look at, since conceciao really disappointed last season. I don't really see him revitalizing after the worldcup, players only exhaust themselves after wc. Once again seedorf leaving, we are running out of options since he can play several roles to cover the team. I suppose cuper would give sergio more chances since he is still a good player (not consistant though), if not chino plays on the left wing and dalmat on the right. Simply enough.

I think if chino can't play as a left winger, we should put dalmat there and move JZanetti up the right wing and put simic on the right defender position.

Forward has no problems. Ronaldo and vieri, no question's asked. but i don't know how ventola or kallon would handle CL.

so if we are not to sign any new players and assume everyone performs well:

----------Toldo
-Zan-Matera-cordo-coco-
-Dalm-GiGi-CZan-recoba-
--Ronaldo-----Vieri--

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
I think since Coco is signed it is a hugh burden put away.

Simply because the left flank can't perform the best of its inconsistancy, and this has always become a worry of the team.

But now that coco arrives, we definately have a stronger flank. Alongside with dalmat and coco, they will simply kick anyone's ass. No need to worry players like candela, cafu, serginho and co. I absolutely don't think we need a new winger since dalmat should always be a regular. Once again, if dalmat is injuried or something, emre can play there and even guly can make an appearence.

For me though, i suppose we can use Chino on the left wing, but it's been proven that his position is FW. It's sad really since he is an influencial player, who scored a bunch last season besides vieri.

I think we should sign a defensive midfielder IF WE ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO. I think GIGI is still great and powerful, but we can't expect him to not exhaust himself in the CL and serieA together. We basically only have CZanetti, Farinos, okan, emre on the central midfield area now that seedorf is gone. We all know what a talent Okan is but it seems it's taking time for him to be an inter regular, which i really don't see him playing for inter for long. He was never really needed tactically, just part of the sukur package.

The right wing we should look at, since conceciao really disappointed last season. I don't really see him revitalizing after the worldcup, players only exhaust themselves after wc. Once again seedorf leaving, we are running out of options since he can play several roles to cover the team. I suppose cuper would give sergio more chances since he is still a good player (not consistant though), if not chino plays on the left wing and dalmat on the right. Simply enough.

I think if chino can't play as a left winger, we should put dalmat there and move JZanetti up the right wing and put simic on the right defender position.

Forward has no problems. Ronaldo and vieri, no question's asked. but i don't know how ventola or kallon would handle CL.

so if we are not to sign any new players and assume everyone performs well:
----------Toldo
-Zan-Matera-cordo-coco-
-Dalm-GiGi-CZan-recoba-
--Ronaldo-----Vieri--

no new players and Chino don't perform
----------Toldo
-Simic-Matera-cordo-coco-
-Zan-GiGi-CZan-Dalm-
--Ronaldo-----Vieri--

No new players and dalmat don't perform
----------Toldo
-Zan-Matera-cordo-coco-
-Conce-GiGi-CZan-Chino-
--Ronaldo-----Vieri--

What do you guys think???

·
Registered
320 Posts
I generally don't like the idea of playing both C. Zanetti and Di Biagio. Both these players are great defensive midfielders, but when it comes to offense they both have little to offer.

This could, imo, be the reason why we have had problems with our wingers this season, cuz when we play these 2 players then the opponents can put more defence on the flanks, cuz they know that very little will happen in the middle:(

I think thats the main reason why Inter has had problems on the wings this season. Recoba has the talent to get past his manmarker but when the opponent knows that the flanks is where every attack comes from they can double up, and that makes it really hard for the wingers. Ofcourse they haven't been good enough when they did get past the marker, but that is, imo, because they lacked confidence. This also explains why Conseicao has performed well in the NT and sucked in Inter. Portugal is both a threat on the wings and in the center, so this leaves more room for him.

So what i want is basically a central midfielder who can both defend and be a thread offensivly. This player must be good at running deep, dribling, shooting and ofcourse have a lot of stamina. I think Emre or Dalmat has these abilities:)

This is what I would like to see:

----------------------Toldo----------------------

J.Zanetti-----Matrix-----Cordoba------Coco

Conseicao----Emre----C.Zanetti----Dalmat

------------------Vieri-----Ronaldo-------------

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Code:
                             Toldo

J.Zanetti     Cordoba   Matrix     Coco

Conceicao  Dalmat   C.Zanetti  Recoba 

Ronaldo  Vieri
this IMO is the best line-up for inter .... although i would like to see Emre and Dalmat together on the field more !, BUT for the benifit of Inter i think this could be the best line-up

it look alot like Man U's line-up of the past 3 years

Beck's........Scholes....Keane.......Giggs

its more or less the same idea ... right winger which can help in defence + 442 playmaker + Defencive midfielder + attacking left winger (who does'nt help much in defence)

the same goes with lazio's line-up which won the league:

conceicao....Veron....D.S......Nedved

again the same thing ... 442 playmaker and a winger who does'nt defened !!

so what i'm tryin to say is that we can Play with Dalmat or Emre in the center and also use Recoba as our winger.
However, i think it looks like recoba is gonna be sold since Killy is almost certian to come (after that interview of his) .... i doubt inter would want to keep such a high paid player on the bench.
SO it seems like we are gonna go with the 442 with killy as our left winger and either Dalmat in the center or on the right wing.

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
i agree with you Rasmus, i don't think our central midfield is creative enough to loosen the pressure a bit. But i don't agree that we should let emre be a regular and play in that position.

IMO he is just a little too small to handle defensive roles. He is more of a left midfielder and i think it will take sometime for him to get physically fit to dominate central mid. it would shift to a 4-1-3-2 if emre attack too often; but imo he isn't that great on winning balls. 4132 would mean a so to speak playmaker, and i think cuper rather have a defensive side than an offensive minded tactic.

I actually like Mohaned's lineup and i think that's a great solution. Dalmat is physically strong er than emre and more versital. he'll give creativity to the midfield. The problem is that we can only use this lineup when conceciao is fit to play. Mostly mental problems, if he can't shake it off, i think dalmat will have to shift back into the winger position. But let's assume conceciao would be able to perform.

Initially i was going to put farinos instead of GIGI, but he's disappointed last season.

what do you guys think?

·
Registered
320 Posts
First of all i don't agree in Emre not having the defensive abillities. He might be small, but he has an extreme amount of stamina is good at intercepting passings and first of all the way he pressures the opposing players has really impressed me.

I'll never forget when Emre and Okan played together in Galatasaray. The way they pressed the opponents to make wrong passes was absolutely outstanding. Ofcourse playing this way will only succed if the rest of the midfield also plays with huge pressure on the opponents. If this won't happen then Emre shouldn't start....

So wether or not Emre should start does imo depend on wether or not Cuper wants to play with pressure on the opponents:)

As for using Conseicao then I really don't know what to think, I put him in my lineup but I think its a big risk. This guy can play amazing games, but for some reason he doesn't while he wears the the Interjersey. I don't think that his problems only is caused by a lack of selvesteem. Afterall he has played a few very good matches against for the portuguise NT. I think our system is the reason why he doesn't fullfill his potential. But maybe he will improove when/if someone who is a offensive thread will start in central midfield???

Basically im really uncertain about what i would like to see...At one point i think our right midfield is a problem and at another point i find our central midfield troubling. Dalmat could solve both these problems, but he can only play 1 position a match...Based on these problems with creativity in central midfield and Conseicaos problems i see this as the best lineup:

Dalmat------Emre-----C.Zanetti------Recoba

The weakest link in this midfield would no doubt be Emre, therefore I would like Inter to sign a new central midfielder

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
did u guys watch Brazil - Turkey today ??

i think if u have watched the match u would have been impressed how good Emre was in defence .... he just simply does'nt give up !!!:eek:
i mean u can make him look like a fool but then he will still get back on his feet and hunt u down !! :fero:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Yeah, thats what i mean. He is extremly good at pressing:eek:

Ofcourse this will only work if the rest of the team presses as well. If this is not the case then he will just exaust himself

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
yeah, i totally agree with ya.

I agree that we might need a creative defensive midfielder, too bad vampeta had to go. Oh well, primadonas :D....

As you've said, pressing is good only if the pressure is applied as a team or group, it's pretty much pointless to press without help.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts