Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read how the brazil national team has barely played together, has had 3 different coaches, etc. etc. etc.

Wow! they are so much fun to watch, here are a few thoughts:

1) I'm sorry this team could not have been decided earlier, you wonder how much better they would be if they played together for a long time.

2) why was kaka played? I realize that the game was unimportant, but I'm curious as to what brazilians think of this guy. He's quite a mystery. I can see why he is popular with the fans (smythe mentioned his pretty boy looks).

3) I have often heard the critique that south american players are selfish, but I find it a little hard to believe that this is exclusively a south american phenomenon. After all sport is about competition. While it is a team game, human nature itself causes each player to want to please the fans by his own individual skill, if not win the game. do you think this teams suffers in particular from individualism? I don't.

4) I don't regard this 'dodgy defense' critique highly. Why must a team give up 'few goals'? Isnt the point of the game to score more goals than your opponen? Why is a 5-2 scoreline viewed as having a poor defense? To me.. this is a scoreline we should applaud.

I think the brazilians can play defense when they have to.. and that is NECESSARY AND SUFFICIENT for winning the world cup.

5) If the brazilians win this, after roughly assembling the pieces. Various lineup changes, players injured, returning from major injuries, new coaches.. it will add even more weight that this iS the greatest footballing nation on this earth.. by a significant margin.

And yes.. I am pulling for a Brazil in the WC (aside from the USA of course)

I hope I haven't stated the obvious. I'm looking for comments from brazil fans and fans in general.

Discuss!

·
Registered
765 Posts
What's to discuss? Any sane man/woman would agree that Brasilian football is brilliant.

I don't agree that we should encourage scorelines like 5-2 at any cost. Just because a match ends 5-2 isn't proof that it was a good match. I have seen so many great 0-0 matches which include everything you wish for in a football match (except for the goals ;) )
I enjoy watching great defending too.

So far the Brasilian defence has been very uncertain and against are more cynical and effective team, they could loose easily. I guess a player like Tomasson would cause major problems as he so far scores on 4 out of 5 chances. If he was in the Costa Rican team I think he at least would have scored a hattrick ;)

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
Brazil hasnt had a TOUGH opponent yet (Well Turkey had them on the ropes and FIFA through the Ref bailed them out).

They are playing as BAD or WORSE than the S AMerican Eliminatories, and the minute they cross paths with a let's just say..Sweeden, Denmark, Germany..they're done !!

That is My Opinion, of course .. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts