Xtratime Community banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13,698 Posts
I didn't know Flo but it sounds like he was a valued member of this forum and well-liked. There is a saying that goes something like "We all must die, it is how we live that matters". It sounds like Flo lived life well indeed.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Flo, our Açoreano and Californian resident and dear friend, passed away this afternoon. I don't know much more than that, but he was entirely too young and recently married.

In addition to have developed an online relationship of friendship and kin with flo over these many years, I did have the honor of meeting him for a drink in Lisbon back at the 2004 Euro. I remember most his good nature despite him confessing that day that he was nursing a hangover.

I think the years he put here may still be remembered by some of you and I thought some of you may want to tip the old hat to another legendary XTer whose time has come to past into memory.

That is all.
This is terrible news. So sad to hear this. :cry:

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
It's a reflection on how Flo lived his life in how many people were touched by him. Not just here in this forum, but old classmates and coworkers I've seen on my FB timeline offering memories and tributes. The consistent trademark he shared was an upbeat personality and hearty laugh. Hopefully he is truly at rest after a long illness.

·
Registered
17,022 Posts
He was a familiar presence for years on the forum. That is really sad news. May he RIP and please send our thoughts to his family.

·
Registered
56,011 Posts
terrible to hear that, one of the most famous xtratimers from the portuguese community. i fought and arg so many times with him, i can't believe he is nomore alive and kicking.
rest in peace flo :(

·
Registered
45,840 Posts
I think I never had a debate with him in this forum but in over 15 years spent on this forum it might have happened and maybe I don't remember. This forum is a sort of virtual village in which we live together. There might be love, no love, indifference during life but when one of us passes away, it's one of our village.
Rest in peace

·
Registered
549 Posts
been away from these forums for almost 15 years, and this is the first thing I see coming back. sad. I remember a specific contingent of Portuguese posters and he was one of them. just lost someone recently in an eerily similar manner and it is not fun. I hope his family finds peace

21 - 30 of 30 Posts