Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flo, our Açoreano and Californian resident and dear friend, passed away this afternoon. I don't know much more than that, but he was entirely too young and recently married.

In addition to have developed an online relationship of friendship and kin with flo over these many years, I did have the honor of meeting him for a drink in Lisbon back at the 2004 Euro. I remember most his good nature despite him confessing that day that he was nursing a hangover.

I think the years he put here may still be remembered by some of you and I thought some of you may want to tip the old hat to another legendary XTer whose time has come to past into memory.

That is all.

·
Registered
44,805 Posts
Heartbreaking. So sorry to hear this...got chills reading it.

Flo was awesome and we got on really well. Dude's love for life always made me smile.

Missed the guy over the last few years since he wasn't so active...happy I told him as much when he popped in.

RIP, Brother. Play a song for me up there, will ya?

·
Administrator
25,353 Posts
omg...come on now:(

we exchnaged pm's many times...such a passionate benfica fan...im shocked, he was way wayy too young..im sorry chris:( may u rest in peace

thank u for letting us know pila

·
Registered
59,067 Posts
That's sad :(

My thoughts go out to his wife and family

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (5) met Tapatalk

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Some family members have been trickling in. It seems like his remission of several years ago (I think he made it publicly known he initially survived a blood cancer scare) became chronic again. I'm getting the impression he was in a long-fought battle and did not share much of his struggles on social media. I do remember that he took to incredible measures in expressing his joy over his marriage. In hindsight, it's beginning to feel like he and Mrs. Flo knew time was a precious, but dwindling commodity.

This is very difficult to write.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
I'm very sorry to learn about this. I remember him well from here, since many years ago.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Apparently Flo died of organ failure, in particular liver and Kidney. Not sure if related to his previous battle with cancer.

I'm also waiting to hear of any details concerning with offerings to his wife and family, should anyone be interested in honoring Flo. I'll share if that becomes known.

·
Registered
58,712 Posts
RIP

I remember the arguments/debates I had with him years ago.

The sad fact of life is that it must come to an end.. :(

1 - 20 of 30 Posts