Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ståle Solbakken collapsed while training with his club FC København today, and needed to get electro shock treatment before his heart would start beating again.

Solbakken is now in a Danish hospital where he is drugged down. His situation is supposed to be stabile. It will take a couple of hours before the doctors know what will happen to him, and if he has gotten brain damage.

The rest of the players in the club, stopped training immediately and in shock they gathered together to talk.

Good luck Ståle, I wish you the best.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Poor guy!!!!
I really hope he's ok!! Ståle is from my hometown, by the way. We had him as an assistent at school some years :)

Best wishes, Ståle

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Yeah i'm sorry to hear about what happened to Staale :moan: :sob:

But i think there maybe more to this story, just as there was with the mysterious collapse and death of 3 Romanian footballers recently (including one player still in his teens)

Word has it that Solbakken was very unpopular at Aab before he left, and when he did a "U - turn", staying in the Superliga after saying he would return to Norway could only have enraged soe of the fans more. Apparently he also recieved death threats recently :nasty: :fero:. And then he was accused by the AaB coahc as a "cheat" after winning a dubious penalty for FCK against his former club on the weekend so it seems to me as if perhaps this incidents is not completely isolated ans someone may have interfered with his food or something :mad:

anyway, Get well Staale :)

[Edited by Andreas Speck on 14-03-2001 at 10:44]

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The doctors think a virus or a heart failure caused the fatal incident, which lead to Solbakken being clinically dead for about 7-8 minutes. The player is still in a coma, but the doctors think he will wake up sometime today.

It has been said that the doctors think he will be fine again, with no brain injury, but both Rosenborg and Norway's doctors have said that they think his career is over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts