Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from nufc.com:

Nobby leaves

A story we didn't want to write but.....

It now looks almost certain that Newcastle will allow Peruvian international midfielder Nolberto Solano to leave the club, with the player currently meeting with officials from Aston Villa in the Midlands to tie up the loose ends of a deal said to be valued at around £2m.

No confirmation from either of the involved clubs as yet but it's expected that the player will sign anytime now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

If this is true its terrible news. What the hell is Bobby thinking, for a start we don't have a replacement. Solano is one of my favourite Newcastle players and I'll be very sad to see him go, as I'm sure will many other Newcastle fans. I can't understand this decision and for 2m aswell. We sold carl Cort for 2m, Solano is worth much more. Looks like Dyer on the right again now :rolleyes:, great.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Its been confirmed now :( :rolleyes:
What the hell is going on? Were selling one of our best players for a very minimalistic fee because Robson can't resolve his differences :rolleyes:. All I can say is he better have a decent replacement lined up before the window closes or we'll be a worse team, with no width.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Im not sure what your central midfield should be but it's pretty obvious that Solano and Robert are your wingers fullstop.I imagine Dyer will move out there now, with the normal midfield of Jenas-Speed-Robert.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure if we're optimistic anymore. We've just sold the best right winger the club had for practically nothing, he left for as much as Carl Cort! And to add to that we aren't going to sign anyone.

Heres what Robson had to say about the transfer:

"He wanted to go"

"We've given Nobby Solano permission to talk to Villa. It's what he wishes as well, I have to say that, so we've agreed in principle for the transfer of Solano.

"It's always hard and he's been fantastic. They've bought a very good player, an experienced player they need badly.

"Darren Ambrose is ready to play in the first team. We're sorry to lose Nobby but we have other players to play in that position. Bowyer is fit and almost a week away.

I'm sorry to see Nobby go. He'll do well. I wish him great luck.

"People say I had a fragile relationship with Nobby but it's completely untrue. I had a sound relationship with Nobby.

"We've bought young Ambrose, one of the finest young players in the country at the time, and he's ready. I see him in training every day and he is for the future.

"We bought Bowyer at the same time. We can also play Kieron Dyer in that position. It's a good deal for both clubs."

I'd rather he plays Ambrose on the right as Dyer and Bowyer are both shocking on the right. I can't understand this transfer at all, what were you thinking Bob?

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
King of the Kop said:
Im not sure what your central midfield should be but it's pretty obvious that Solano and Robert are your wingers fullstop.I imagine Dyer will move out there now, with the normal midfield of Jenas-Speed-Robert.
Yeah, unfortunately thats exactly what Robson will do. The midfield of Dyer, Jenas, Speed, Robert doesn't look good at all to me. Now Solano's gone the only creative/goal scoring midfielder we have is Robert. Jenas has been very poor this season compared to last. Dyer tends to only have one good match per season, the rest of the time he's average and he's even worse on the right. Speed's age is beginning show, I can't believe we're not trying to sign Butt.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Actually lads it looks like SBR is going to be putting his faith in Ambrose out there until Bowyer :)rolleyes: ) comes back to full fitness.

This season has been a shambles.

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
Shocked at the deal! sold for only 1,5 million pounds :eek: indeed ludicrous!!!

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep this season has definately been a shambles :(

I can't believe Robsons valuation of Solano, 1.5m :rolleyes:, Solano was atleast worth 4-6m, 1.5m is a JOKE! With Solano back in the side at the start of this year we have looked a better team. Now we get to look foreward to either Bowyer or Dyer on the right :rolleyes:

Transfer deals done by Newcastle in the Jan Transfer window:

In
NONE!

Out
Dabizas - Leicester (free)
Cort - Wolves (2m)
Solano - Villa (1.5m)
Gary Caldwell - Hibs (free)

Shocking, you'd have thought with that many players leaving we'd have signed atleast one player, but no. What are Robson and Shepherd thinking.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Prodigy said:
Out
Dabizas - Leicester (free)
Cort - Wolves (2m)
Solano - Villa (1.5m)
Gary Caldwell - Hibs (free)
Don't forget we also cancelled Quinn, Marcelino, Bassedas and Acuna's contracts in the last 12 months...

Gavilan is reportedly still in talks with a Serie A club.

You could fit our first team squad into a phone booth :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dyertribe said:
Don't forget we also cancelled Quinn, Marcelino, Bassedas and Acuna's contracts in the last 12 months...

Gavilan is reportedly still in talks with a Serie A club.

You could fit our first team squad into a phone booth :rolleyes:
To add to that now are LuaLua and S.Caldwell. I think Bobby is trying to trim the squad, although by selling Solano I feel he has seriously weakened our right side and attacking options. Also by loaning Caldwell we have a severe lack of defensive cover.

I just hope we make up for all of these players leaving by bringing in some new faces in the summer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts