·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Solano tsold Aston Villa

Solano joins Villa

January 29, 2004

AFP - Jan 29, 1:57 pm EST

LONDON (AFP) - Nolberto Solano joined Aston Villa in a 1.5 million pounds (2.7mn dollars) move from English Premiership rivals Newcastle.

Peru winger Solano, 29, signed a two-and-a-half year contract with Birmingham-based Villa.

Solano, 29, a fans' favourite at St James' Park since arriving in 1998 from Boca Juniors in a 2.5m pounds (4.5m dollars) move, has started over 200 games for the north-east club.

But Solano, known for his off-field hobby of trumpet playing, has fallen out of favour with Newcastle manager Sir Bobby Robson this season.

He upset his manager in October when he walked out of the club after being dropped from a Premiership game against Middlesbrough.

Nolberto Solano joined Aston Villa in a 1.5 million pounds (2.7mn dollars) move from English Premiership rivals Newcastle.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
That's a brilliant buy for Aston Villa as they strenght their midfield in their way to a spoyt for the UEFA cup.Solano,being very technician makes the difference in Premier League.

I think the main reason that Robson got upseted,is that Nobby defend his right to help his national team in official matches.Typical Bobby "i look only my team and my a$$" Robson didn't like that and left the Peruvian to open the door.Same things happens a lot in England (and not only) when footballers want to play for their countries.Just like in Frederic Canoute's case.He is a high-class striker for Tottenham,but his club considered to sell him cause he will absence about 1 month participating in Mali's campaign in Copa Africa.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Aston Villa may sign Freddy Grisales too.He was trialed last week in Birmingham and his teammate in Colombian NT Juan Pablo Angel,who plays in Villa for over 2 years now,suggested him with the best words.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think Villa went for Solano instead of Grisales, they both play somewhat similar positions. And Solano is a known comodity. So Grisales will not br signed.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Solano brought luck to Aston Villa.In his debut with their jersey,Villa won Leicester away by 0-5.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts