Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just watched Tottenham suffer an embarassing 2-3 home defeat at the hands of Middlesbrough. This will make european qualification for Spurs very difficult, not to mention ruining the morale of all the players.
I don't think Campbell is gonna stay at Tottenham any longer than he has to now.

So what do you think? Is he gonna make a big summer move to ManU? Or to a foreign club? Or make the unlikely decision of staying with Spurs?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Well Campbell is a great player to have on any team...but I'm thinking he wont move abroad to Italy Spain etc. but will stay in the EPL...hopefull to Man Utd...

Btw how much you think Tottenham will ask for him or would he go under the Bosman Rule??

------------------
-=KilledInAction=-

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I think Campbell will stay in the Premiership... Probably with Manchester United.
His contract doesn't expire until June 2001 (I think) so ManU will either have to buy him or wait another season to get him on bosman.
If they do buy him we could be talking about ALOT of money. Possibly in the £15-20M range!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Well i do hope he comes to Man Utd cause he is one of the best defenders in the game atm.
Him and Stam in the centre looks like a very promising partnership indeed.
However, I have a feeling Tottenham will try its best not to sell it Man Utd cause it'll only make their chances in the EPL more difficult and they'd be losing a great player.
But in the end nothing can stop a great player with ambition lookig for a more successful club.

------------------
-=KilledInAction=-

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Yes Man u needs a good Central defender and Cambell is great!!

JF

[This message has been edited by JUAN F (edited 09-04-2000).]

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fergie has already admitted he bidded twice for campbell and both were refused..
the 1st around 12M..the 2nd around 18M...

but spurs for sure wouldnt let him go to a british club cos of direct competition..

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I heard, he is going to play for juventus next season. That's really bad, coz i hope Lazio sign him.

Forza Lazio

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I don't want Man U to get Campbell cos imagine they had him and Stam in central defence (gulp).

------------------
WITH HOPE IN MY HEART

1 - 9 of 9 Posts