Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is big news from the local Valencia-news!

They say that Solér is going to step down (thank god!) but his replacement will might be Soriano, a guy that's veeeery Quique-friendly and was quoted to say:

"If I was president, Koeman, Bakero and MAR would be gone in 10 seconds and there will be players that can play again"

People can say what they want with Koeman but to bring back Quique and the three little friends then we're pulling ourselves into a fúcked up situation with having connection Baraja - Marchena against Cañizares - Albelda - Angulo and that will probably not end too good for the harmony within the squad.
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
Stepping down? What does it mean? Juan Soler is the owner of the club, so even if he steps down, I doubt he gives someone who isn't under his influence the control of the club. It's his money after all.

Or are you saying that he might sell the club?

Either way, I didn't hear anything about it yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,137 Posts
Oh shit, just when Koeman was improving the squad.
I hope the case ends ASAP and Albelda leaves, that way we can keep the squad compact.

I'll pick Marchena and Baraja EVERY TIME over Albelda.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Koeman4 said:
Stepping down? What does it mean? Juan Soler is the owner of the club, so even if he steps down, I doubt he gives someone who isn't under his influence the control of the club. It's his money after all.

Or are you saying that he might sell the club?

Either way, I didn't hear anything about it yet.
More or less, he's stepping down...
This is big news from what I read on the Valencia forums, even got a 30 paged thread now that updates probably every second ;)

But it can mean that he will sell his shares but Soriano was the vice-president who got himself some shares too so it would basically means that he get's it and that's the worrying part of it...

But who knows now... Solér seems to be very ill and that's probably why he's going to step down.

Some say that Rafael Salom will handle the buisness, other say Soriano.
I hope for Salom, he seems to understand football.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
758 Posts
I would take Quique over Ronald Koeman any day and TWICE on Sunday. Thats not to say that I think Quique is the best manager, just based on how little I think of Ronald Koeman. Quique if little else, played these players in their PROPER positions on the field, and played the correct style of football for them. I miss Quique.:frownani:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Hey I'm back it's the right time I should be back :) cuz I love this big news!

I stand by Salom, if Soriano would turn us back to Quique's bloodin hell, I'd better kill myself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PR316 said:
I would take Quique over Ronald Koeman any day and TWICE on Sunday. Thats not to say that I think Quique is the best manager, just based on how little I think of Ronald Koeman. Quique if little else, played these players in their PROPER positions on the field, and played the correct style of football for them. I miss Quique.:frownani:
God...
I don't want to even argue about it, I just say, If you this team to **** up big time and turn into the biggest mess you've seen, then go ahead...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
758 Posts
So what you guys are saying is that we are better off with Ronald Koeman??...


I don't think so... I'm no Quique lover. But I recognize results. And with Quique despite poor form, we were still in 4th with a spot in the CL.... Now what are reduced to??... Battling to stay out of the relegation zone???...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,383 Posts
PR316 does have a point. The reality is that we were better off with quique. Thats just a fact. However thers no way i would want him back now. Mata wouldnt hae got a chance under quque who would have held back our young players progress. The club is improving now so we should keep things as they are. Theres no going back now. Albelda simply cannot play for valencia again. The decision has been made and we need to see it through
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
News from Marca: Juan to Be used to repents and continues... for the moment The president will meditate his exit in the next days

OK Quique please back to your seat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,414 Posts
vcf-rules said:
PR316 does have a point. The reality is that we were better off with quique. Thats just a fact. However thers no way i would want him back now. Mata wouldnt hae got a chance under quque who would have held back our young players progress. The club is improving now so we should keep things as they are. Theres no going back now. Albelda simply cannot play for valencia again. The decision has been made and we need to see it through
:thmbup: quique was a shit coach especially in terms of buying players.He wasted so much money(though the sporting director has equal blame)that it was untrue.Valencia were in 4th when he left but everyone could see that the side was worsening every match.Not that koeman has done wonders but to his defence he needs time as he took charge in the middle of season of a team that was just waiting ot explode and it is not his fault.Though koeman is also clueless but he is surely better than quique.

IMO koeman's big mistake was to give the wrong statement of arrival by sacking 3 senior and long serving players:googly: This has put the club in more instability and crisis.Overall the play of team is improving so koeman might turn out good......if he stays;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
758 Posts
Soler is a coward, and he knows NOTHING about football. He's just a rich fat bastard that sees a way to make money by being President of Valencia.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Solér wants to sell the shares now...
Juan Villalonga is the guy with the odds on him to be the next president... I don't know much about him, only that he's a former companyman and that's it...

But it seems that Soriano isn't liked at all by Solér :party:
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
Friki said:
Solér wants to sell the shares now...
Juan Villalonga is the guy with the odds on him to be the next president... I don't know much about him, only that he's a former companyman and that's it...

But it seems that Soriano isn't liked at all by Solér :party:
Juan Villalonga is the former Telefónica president and he got quite rich at that time due to his dark way to drive the company and the "stock options thing". He's a personal friend of José María Aznar since their childhood.

I don't know what he did with his life after being fired from Telefónica. A polemic person in Spain, although he is near the people of the government of the País Valencià. I think that this political connection has a lot to do with this operation, because the people of the Valencian right is very linked with him.

While he was the president of Telefónica started a battle against Digital+ from another digital platform called Via Digital. Digital+ won the battle and, finally, bought Via Digital, which didn't have much success. Through 3rd people, Telefónica was behind the acquisition of several clubs of Spain that finished in economic disaster, like Hércules, Sporting Gijón or Málaga. He has nothing to do with them anymore though.
 
1 - 20 of 90 Posts
Top