Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IVO has told me that he's seen/heard nothing about this rumour, but have any of you? The Portuguese media is reporting that he has a secret deal with FC Porto and will be presented in the next couple of months as a "DRAGAO". The guy was great 2 seasons ago, but this year (and at the EURO) he's really stunk up the joint...

·
Registered
69,457 Posts
nope, I have heard nothing about him moving to Porto, there were rumors of him going to Hertha Berlin and Blackburn but those died down...
and yes I was disapointed with him at Euro 2004 :(

·
Banned
12,611 Posts
dinamovac11 said:
Yeah I was expecting him to find a club pretty fast but so far nothing. Porto would be ok, but dinamo would be better.:pp
mamić i ekipa su preglupi za tako nešto.:wallbang::mad:

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
I had a feeling he wasn't going to find something right away. Another TERRIBLE move by a Croatian. They just kick out players to the curb and they are forced to find clubs on thier own. Sokota was really good at Benfica for at least 2 years and it ends like this? :confused: I know he wasnt that good at Euro but who could be with Baric as coach. Now he will have to beg another team to let him on thier roster, thats shameful.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
i heard it from people on the portuguese forum.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
He was injured which is why he didnt play for half season then he didnt want to sign new contract. I am sure he will find good club in the summer...

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CroatTommy said:
I had a feeling he wasn't going to find something right away. Another TERRIBLE move by a Croatian. They just kick out players to the curb and they are forced to find clubs on thier own. Sokota was really good at Benfica for at least 2 years and it ends like this? :confused: I know he wasnt that good at Euro but who could be with Baric as coach. Now he will have to beg another team to let him on thier roster, thats shameful.
Sokota played quite well last year for Benfica, but after the EURO he seems to have totally lost it. He's had moments this year where he has played well and at other times he's looked piss poor. With the right coach he can succeed again. And I think at Porto he will find his boots once more :)

·
Administrator
25,380 Posts
sokota ...
he came to benfica already not so healthy (refused by sportings medical department as far as i can recall)...played 5 games, played well, got injured for 2 years, and returned last season, in the middle of the season.
he did play well that half season, and the fans were very fond of him, as they were all through the 2 years in which he was injured and not playing.

and this season, as a payback to the club, and of course to the fans support during 2 years ...hes been moaning , playing like he dont care, and everyone knows for before christmas he had a deal with porto...maybe from since the euro and thats why he didnt play anyhting good from the beginning of this season:)

bon voyage sokota;) and may u score as many goals as u did with us:)

·
©
7,230 Posts
So he has signed for Porto?

I doubt he had a deal with Porto because he was saying how Hertha and Blackburn was interested. Sokota isn't the type of player to make secret deals and ruin the club he currently plays for. He has always said good things about Benfica and their fans, however, he couldn't agree to a new deal. Trap even put him in benfica B for refusing to sign what the club offered. Way to treat a player..

Croatian clubs also do that and I hate it!

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
sokota is on porto or not ?

·
International
8,545 Posts
Things have gone downhill for Sokota in a pretty bad way. Hopefully he can turn things around.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts