Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a soft spot for a club.
a team you want to do good, but you dont support them.
it can just be a completely random team.
i have a soft spot for FULHAM!!!:proud:

I dont know why, i just want them to win the premier league.
i have a hard spot for Liverpool, hate them!!:)

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Oldham Athletic, they're not even the most local club to me after City, but I cannot bring myself to cheer on Stockport County.

·
Registered
27,277 Posts
A lot actually:

England - Fulham, Derby, Yeovil
Spain - Villarreal
Italy - Parma
Turkey - Galatasaray
Germany - Werder, Schalke, Hamburg, anybody else who's not Bayern
France - Sochaux
India - Pune FC (I support Salgaocar in India, but last year PFC was founded which is in my town)

·
Banned
5,292 Posts
I'd like to see Sunderland succeed cause of Keane.

And Boca Juniors cause of Maradona.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
nacional de montevideo, derby county

·
Major
1,342 Posts
reading parma and villareal..

i dont know why but

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Fulham. Might be because they're a London team and I live in London. It's not that difficult to get tickets to there games so when you want to see other teams in the premiership play it's a lot easier to get tickets when they play in Fulham. I saw Fulham v Portsmouth twice the last 2 years. Was really glad to see them avoid relagation in the last game of the season.

·
Registered
46,742 Posts
I have a soft spot for many clubs indeed. For Crystal Palace I have something between the soft spot and the actual support, but I have a real soft spot for Wacker Innsbruck (Austria), Foggia (Italy), Palmeiras (Brazil), Boca Juniors (Argentina), Borussia Dortmund (Germany), Steaua Bucarest (Romania), Red Star Beograd (Serbia) and probably some more I can't remember right now. :howler:

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Napoli, Sampdoria and Fiorentina, although I may lose that soft spot if Viola become better than Juve.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Alicante CF. Alicante is the city where I grew up and they have two clubs, Hercules CF(the "Christians"), which is the big club of the city, and Alicante CF (the "Moors"). Since I'm a kid I always liked this small club better. Ironically, this year we promoted from Segunda B to Segunda División and we'll have a great local derby against "the Christians". :hopeful:

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Lol.

Here are my softspotted teams I prefer other than when they play Arsenal.

Villa and Reading because my mum's side of the family live there, Valencia when watching la liga and Mansfield Town from my fm experiences with them. Steve Biko when I'm in Gambia, one of the oldest teams there and I like their kit colour :). In Serie A it's inter but I wouldn't call myself a fan anymore not following them consistently for the past two seasons.

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Fiorentina - Batistuta and Rui Costa. Used to watch them as much as I watched the teams I support back in the day, the year they sort of had the Scudetto won until Batistuta went down was shattering. I think I even became a mini supporter. Still like them very much.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts