Xtratime Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fredrik Soderstrom was selected as the top foreign midfielder in the Portuguese league last season for the second straight year, but the Swede is now hoping for a move to a bigger club.

Soderstrom told Swedish news agency TT: "I have one year left on my contract, but feel the time is right to try something new."

The Swede joined the Portuguese First Division side three years ago from Swedish side IK Brage, and has received offers from several clubs.

He said: "I have offers from quite good clubs in France and Spain. Guimaraes are fully aware that I want to move and are willing to sell me.

"Next year, my contract expires and then they wouldn't get any money if I move after next season."

Soderstrom is currently in pre-season training with Guimaraes but expects to move quite soon.

He said: "It could be settled anytime soon. The Spanish League holds very high quality, so it would be fun to get to play there."

The midfielder also hopes to be back into the Sweden squad, of which he has not been a part of since 1998.

He said: "I have kept in touch with Tommy (Soderberg) and Lasse (Lagerback) and would like to play in the National Team again."

1 - 1 of 1 Posts