Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
In the beginning of the year he was coaching Cabo Frio, from Rio De Janeiro, but he quit and now he only has a insurance company for soccer players and coaches.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
The sad news from March, 25th:

Socrates, one of the greatest players produced by Brazil, has suffered the indignity of being sacked by a minor provincial club.

The Doctor was dismissed by Cabo Frio, a small team from the resort town of the same name after only three matches in the Carioca (Rio de Janeiro state) championship.

The former Brazil international, who played for his country in the 1982 and 1986 World Cups, had been in charge of the club since August. Socrates did not go quietly, nor did he appear to be prepared to accept an invitation from the mayor of Cabo Frio, Alair Correa, to act as a tourism "ambassador" for the town.

He said: "They wanted me as an ambassador but at the same time, they have destroyed the work I did at the club. It's a stupid decision."

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Jan,
yes he does still work as a doctor..he has a clinic in his "adopted" town Ribeirao Preto in Sao Paulo state.
Falcao, yes he is the same one :)
It was strange why he was sacked , cause he put Cabo Frio to play in the first division of the Rio Championship.
The most inteligent player EVER, at least in my book! :)
Made the Corinthians democracy movement in the start of the 80's , we all hte players decided everything together, and the movement influenced the military governmet to speed up the process of re-democratization of Brazil! :)

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
Pelo Corinthians, com muito amor...ate o fim.
LHP - THE WORLD IS OURS!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts