Votes: 18 52.9%
  • Zidane

Votes: 16 47.1%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
50,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a sequel to Zidane vs Savisevic and Zidane vs JJ Okocha polls which both resulted in inconclusive evidence about Zidane's true prime level and raised further questions about what it means to be "in prime level" etc.

after both polls have reached certain degree of maturity where poll results won't change drastically one thing becomes obvious: zidane won both polls, very closely.

the question this raises is following does that mean that savicevic and jay jay okocha both peaked to roughly a same level?
but this poll is also pointless. about savicevic and jay jay people remember their peak but they forget all the rest while for zidane people tend to forget his best moments and rate his entire career. zidane was a bore boohoohoo. so he was a bore 95% of the times, but truth be told so was savicevic so was jay jay and just about everything else. what these two polls and threads turn into is rating those 5% of savicevic and jay jay with that 95% of zidane...
So basically you see to share hypno's opinion about the "Zidane factor" that makes people vote against him no matter who's the opponent. I think there is only one way to solve this question:

make a poll where Zidane faces a ridiculously skilled player who yet clearly was inferior compared to the prime level of Savisevic and Jay Jay. Like Ali Karimi. If this will turn out to be another 60-40 poll then clearly my reserach methodology is flawed.
So here we have Zidane vs the Asian Maradona - Ali Karimi. :)

·
Rookie of the Year 2007
10,003 Posts
How many social experiments have you got lined up Andy?

I think you should compare RIVALDO and Zidane for the third experiment...on second thoughts, bad idea.

·
1st Tier Poster
50,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
he was totally misused at Bayern and never got enough chance to prove himself despite of some promising performances. IMO his style didn't really suit for the Bundesliga, he always looked like a luxury player there. La Liga would have been the league for him.

·
Registered
24,300 Posts
I voted for Ali. But I thought of the dude with stache, Ali Daei...

Sorry if I ruined the experiment... :embarass:

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
he was totally misused at Bayern and never got enough chance to prove himself despite of some promising performances. IMO his style didn't really suit for the Bundesliga, he always looked like a luxury player there. La Liga would have been the league for him.
that's the difference already... Zidane could have been useful in any team in any position that somehow suits him... that is because Zidane was actually capable of making the game where as Karimi was more of a show-pony

and that he isnt suited for the BuLi is bullsh*t... excellent players are needed everywhere... look at Ribery, Diego and such... players with excellent technique and the BuLi wouldnt be the same without them

·
1st Tier Poster
50,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I must say the initial results of this experiment are very confusing as I expected to see Zidane cruising to victory here...

·
Registered
24,300 Posts
I must say the initial results of this experiment are very confusing as I expected to see Zidane cruising to victory here...
The test results have been contaminated... :(

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Is this the benefits of being a mod. You can open any thread you like and it will never be closed no matter how it suck and no one will ever accuse you of trolling. Ohh MM is back? I wonder if he still can't find anything wrong with monkey chants :D

·
Registered
42,849 Posts
Karimi the Asian Maradona.

Being serious: I'd be very interested in seeing what Karimi is capable of as a footballer as I'm interested in seeing the progression of Asian football. Ali Karimi is a part of that for sure.

·
Registered
56,312 Posts
yes, frankly, it's like nobody has ever seen him play really.

·
Registered
13,606 Posts
Is this the benefits of being a mod. You can open any thread you like and it will never be closed no matter how it suck and no one will ever accuse you of trolling. Ohh MM is back? I wonder if he still can't find anything wrong with monkey chants :D
don't you have to go liberating your monkey brothers from zoos all over the world? monkey liberation front that sort of stuff?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts