Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi. Raining season started in where i'm from so fields are more like a swamp at some parts. So, I need a soccer shoe/cleats/boots (however you call it).

It has to have metal cleats (for better traction or soft grounds). Not only that, it has to be resistant to water or better be water-proof, if there is any such shoe.

I have an Adidas Predator ( not the latest model, previous one, firm ground);

A Diadora Double Action (an older Diadora that was worn by Van Basten, soft ground but it sucks water like a sponge!!);

A Nike Merc. Vapor (firm ground, not enough traction and NOT my kinda shoe at all, but better resistance to water)

I used to have an Adid. Copa Mundial (firm ground, which again gets heavy w/ water due to kangoroo leather)

So, these are all the cleats I tried. None of these are doing it for me. I like Puma Kings and Adi World Cups (even though i never took them out for a test-drive) but I think they won't be too different from my old Copas about sucking water in.

So, can anyone recommend me anything (other than above-listed shoes) out there that is worth going out shopping for?? Thanks in advance..

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
no shoe is totally water repellent. in fact no shoes are made to really repel water. if u're afraid of ruining shoes because of water i suggest u get a lower end version of the shoe u like to wear. or just buy rubber rainboots and put nails through the bottom.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Owenization-NRG said:
no shoe is totally water repellent. in fact no shoes are made to really repel water. if u're afraid of ruining shoes because of water i suggest u get a lower end version of the shoe u like to wear. or just buy rubber rainboots and put nails through the bottom.
thanks for the advice..how come i never thought about that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts