Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tv listings for Fox Sports World list Brazilian and Argentinian soccer repeatedly. Do they show many games or just one repeated many times? I'm trying to research which system, Directv or Dish Network, gives the widest coverage. Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Definetly, go with Dish. DirectTV is quite repetitive. Coverage, on Dish ntwork is considerably better.

M

·
0 Posts
Fox Sports World is not that great. They only games you get live are the Saturday games in Serie A. You do get the "Clasico del Domingo" (Argentina) every sunday but its delayed (FSW Español shows them live). As far as Brazilian games, they do show them but they are not live and they repeat them every day over and over. The news are horrible (Sky Sports News) unless you're British. They also show the Chilean league (twice a month) and the English Premier League. Their Euro 2000 coverage was horendous. Every game was shown a week late (they are still showing France vs Italy). If I were you, I'd get FSW Español (only if you speak or understand spanish) Their news coverage is much better, (From Argentina), they show the Spanish league, "el clasico del domingo" is live! and "Futbol de Primera" is great. The only downside is that you get no Serie A games :( (only if you're into that league).

PS- they also show colombian and mexican games.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What stations do you see South American football on the Dish net? Other than paying $20 for Globo, which kind of steep. I like Dish because it has RAI and RTP for Italian and Portuguese football. Do I have to get FSW Espanol to see Brazil, Argentina etc.? I don't want to blow $20 bucks for the "Latino" package because I won't watch anything other than the football.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can I get FSW ESP without buying the whole Latino package? If so, that would be good for me.

M

·
0 Posts
I don't know if FSW Español is offered in other packages. Whatever you do, DON'T GET THE LATINO PACKAGE", my sister has it and it blows! you get all this spanish channels from all over the world but the only football channel is FSWorld español. I get FSWorld (english)on my Dish but on my other tv i get FSW esp on regular cable. What I'm trying to say that FSW esp is a great channel but you can live without it.

FSW (english) is the best substitute. :)

[Edited by Millonario on 18-07-2000 at 12:07]

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help, Millionario! If Directv had access to the Portuguese channel then this would be no contest. I want the broadest coeverage possible since I am interested in football from all over the world (Europe and South America). I love Sporting Lsibon and that is why I'd like the Dish net. However, the other coverage would be lacking since they don't get FSW. Thanks. You've been very informative.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts