Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Administrator
24,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and who's going up?

with 29 rounds played ( Setubal losing 1-0 to Rio Ave now), and 5 rounds left, these are the league standings:

FC Porto 66
Sporting CP 64
SL Benfica 59
SC Braga 54
Boavista 47
Nacional 44
V.Setubal 42 ( 1 game less)
U. Leiria 37
E. Amadora 36
Maritimo 35
Naval 34
Belenenses 34
Académica 33
P.Ferreira 31
Rio Ave 31 (1 game less)
V.Guimarães 30
Gil Vicente 29
Penafiel 14

Appart from Penafiel, which is going down for sure...the other 3 teams remain a mystery...theres pretty much 7/8 teams that can still join them....

personally i see Gil Vicente going down, as they have been bad most season, and i see maybe Paços joining them....

other than that...maybe Naval? they seem very irregular to me, even though they are struggling to stay up

Guimaraes will make it i think, although the recovery is taking longer than expected. I sure hope Belenenses can handle it. Also would like to see Académica and Amadora stay in the top division.

regarding the 2 teams that will make it to the main league, these are the current standings:

Beira-Mar 56
Aves 51
Leixões 51
Olhanense 47
Gondomar 46
Varzim 45
Stª Clara 43
Chaves 42
Covilhã 39
Portimonense 38
Vizela 38
Estoril 36
Feirense 35
Moreirense 33
Marco 28
Barreirense 28
Ovarense 22
Maia 21

Beira-Mar has been the unquestionable leader all season long, so they will move up for sure....as for the 2nd team, competition seems fierce...after so long being so close to the top, Olhanense is losing ground to both Leixoes and Aves...

I still have hopes that the algarve team can make it, we need an algarve team back in the 1st division.

Between Leixoes and Aves, i would defintly go for leixões, becoz they have a very reasonable fan base, and we need more people watching the games live.

your thoughts? :D

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
strange as it might seem I practically agree with everything you've said :scared: am I getting old? :stress:

no, seriously I do think that to join Penafiel, Gil Vicente and Pacos de Ferreira are the strongest candidates and most possibly Naval too although I would prefer to see Rio Ave joining them...it's about time the North starts losing some weight in our football.

about the way up the only reason I'm happy about Beira Mar coming back is the great Inácio (he's not your cousin is he?) and to join them I really would like to see Olhanense coming up. It's ridiculous to see that the most southern club in our main league has been Setúbal for ages! :irritate:

between Aves and Leixões I also prefer the team from Matosinhos as they are a classic side of our football...great to watch their fans when we played them in the cup final not that many years ago! :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
24,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Filipe Reis said:
strange as it might seem I practically agree with everything you've said :scared: am I getting old? :stress:

this calls for champagne :howler:

i just dont know what getting old has to do with it:D

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
lol :dielaugh: obrigado!...although I think I will keep it for 5 weeks from now :hopefull:

the age reference was due to that fear people have of losing their fighting spirit with age although that's bull... just look at Sá Pinto... :fero:

·
Administrator
24,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think u should drink it while u can :pp: :D

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I'd like to see Belenenses go down because their attendances are miserable for a club with so many fans in Lisbon. One year in the second division would teach them to appreciate what they have.

So this is more or less who i want to relegate: Belenenses, Penafiel, Naval (1900 spectators in average) and Estrela (1500).

Going up: Beira-mar and Leixões. Leixões because they're one of the historical clubs of our football and because their attendances would embarass some of the usual superliga clubs.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Going down,Naval,Guimaraes,Gil Vicente and Penafiel who is already there.......

Going up,Beira Mar. :thumbsup: :) ,and maybe Leixoes or Olhanense.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
o_bEnFiQuIsTa said:
I'd like to see Belenenses go down because their attendances are miserable for a club with so many fans in Lisbon. One year in the second division would teach them to appreciate what they have.

So this is more or less who i want to relegate: Belenenses, Penafiel, Naval (1900 spectators in average) and Estrela (1500).

Going up: Beira-mar and Leixões. Leixões because they're one of the historical clubs of our football and because their attendances would embarass some of the usual superliga clubs.

I don't know where you got those stats from but they seem very doubtful to me.
Here is what I've found in the most reliable footie stats site that I know of:

The first number refers to the average attendance per game while the second shows the percentage of each club's stadium capacity being filled this season...

11. CF Belenenses - 3553 - 9 %
12. Gil Vicente FC - 3333 - 26 %
13. FC P. Ferreira - 2557 - 25 %
14. Rio Ave FC - 2533 - 19 %
15. CD Nacional - 2114 - 26 %
16. FC Penafiel - 2107 - 26 %
17. Ass. Naval 1o Maio - 1977 - 19 %
18. Est. Amadora FC - 1680 - 16%

So, according to you Belenenses has many fans in Lisbon...hmmm...do you care to explain where are they, then? :googly:

Belenenses is no doubt a classic team for whom I also have a soft spot but they do not have a big fan base and the low attendance at their stadium is not due to some kind of divorce between their fans and their club but simply because they have a very small fan base...
Anyway how could it be different if they are in a city that hosts the two biggest clubs in the country?

About the attendance numbers of the Liga de Honra...where did you get those from?

·
Administrator
24,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
belenenses is in a tough position, as most of their fans are either benfica or sporting fans, appart from a few more hardcore fans.

still, they have a huge tradition ( not even just in footie) very faithful fans, local people, and one sees that very well when they are playing, and u get the guys at the cafes etc, all teasing u.

and its not even just older people, i think in recent times they been able to attract younger people too, unlike to what seemed to be the trend some years ago

Estrela da Amadora however is a different issue....very low attendances yes, and not much tradition, and very few hardcore fans ( most are benfica or sporting fans anyways) but i think the club can play a very important role in the local community.
Amadora is a new city with many social problems and tensions, and it may work as an incentive to keep the youngsters away from the streets and help them feel a sense of identity.
not to mention that , speaking strictly about football, many good players have been developing there

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I don't know why you're saying the stats are doubtful when you just presented the exact same numbers. When i said that Belenenses had many fans, i didn't say they had a good attendance. In fact, i said exactly the opposite since they have many fans in Lisbon (that i know of personal experience) and yet they couldn't care less about going to the stadium.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
o_bEnFiQuIsTa said:
I don't know why you're saying the stats are doubtful when you just presented the exact same numbers. When i said that Belenenses had many fans, i didn't say they had a good attendance. In fact, i said exactly the opposite since they have many fans in Lisbon (that i know of personal experience) and yet they couldn't care less about going to the stadium.
Your numbers:
Belenenses, Penafiel, Naval (1900 in average) and Estrela (1500)

My numbers:
Belenenses 3553, Penafiel 2107, Naval 1977, Estrela 1680

Sure, the exact same numbers... :rolleyes:

Anyway my point was really about Belenenses and for me there is a difference between 1900 and 3553

I know what you've said and I simply said you are wrong.

It's not because I don't live in Lisbon right now that I don't know what happens there. I come from there and I return often enough to know what's going on.

I know quite a few of Belenenses fans and inacio is right when she says that the club is not just about football and that they seem to be attracting more young people in the last 5 to 10 years than before BUT still I don't think they can realistically have more people going to their matches than this.
Perhaps the fact that they have a 40.000 capacity stadium that from what I've heard in all it's long history was only once full :eekani: is the main reason for people to feel like they don't make an effort to watch the games.
We should not forget that not all football fans go to the stadium and that is linked with many reasons...too many to start listing them here now.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
As usual, you are more interested in stupid arguments than the topic discussion.

o_bEnFiQuIsTa said:
This doesn't mean that Belenenses, Penafiel and Naval have these attendances. The first "( )" is only concerning Naval.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
o_bEnFiQuIsTa said:
As usual, you are more interested in stupid arguments than the topic discussion.

This doesn't mean that Belenenses, Penafiel and Naval have these attendances. The first "( )" is only concerning Naval.
:rolleyes:
sorry for not being at your intelectual level sir but in this thread the stupid that went on a tangent supports the team in red and comes from the northern part of our beloved country...

...and has a problem with the use of parenthesis too :lala:

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
o_bEnFiQuIsTa said:
«Never argue with an idiot. They’ll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.»
wise words my friend, wise words.

I'll make sure I remember them when I will feel tempted to start an argument with you.

·
Administrator
24,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
and the plot thickens!

Liga 2005/2006
1. FC Porto 69
2. Sporting 64
3. Benfica 60
4. Sp. Braga 54
5. Nacional 47
6. Boavista 47 (playing tonight)
7. V. Setúbal 45
8. U. Leiria 40
9. E. Amadora 37
10. Marítimo 36
11. Naval 35
12. Rio Ave 34
13. P. Ferreira 34
14. Belenenses 34
15. Académica 34
16. V. Guimarães 30
17. Gil Vicente 30
18. Penafiel 14 (playing tonight)

with the fight for 5th place still open, between Nacional, Boavista and Setubal....below things are still very cloudy....

however, both Gil Vicente and Guimarães seem to be in serious trouble....4 pts into the relegation area, with only 4 games to play...

Leiria gave an important step in escaping the danger area.....but the rest...

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Well Guimaraes needs to win against Penafiel next saturday,if not they are in serious trouble......

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
The real problem for Guimarães is that they have a negative one-on-one set of results against practically all the teams that are struggling with them in the relegation area...but hats off to the immense support they are getting from their fans...amazing stuff

·
Administrator
24,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
has anyone seen paços de ferreira's 2nd goal tonight, against braga?!?

the ball went way out ...kept rolling outside the line for what? 4 or 5 meters? and then the paços player eventually kicks it into the net...and they validate it lol

disgraceful, probably the worst validated goal i have ever seen :wallbang:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts