Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
03/10/2004.

Arsenal striker Thierry Henry, in an exclusive Interview with Italian daily 'Corriere della Sera', has revealed his thoughts on Arsenal, the Champions League and Serie A.

"Last year after the win at the Olimpico against Roma (3-1, hat-trick by Henry) we seemed unbeatable," he said. "And in fact since then we did not win, a run of 5 consecutive negative results. Arsenal are not among the greatest in the Champions League history. If you play with Milan or Real Madid, everyone expects you to win in Europe, but with Arsenal it's different. The favourites are the usual: Milan with their usual 0-0, 1-0, and naturally Real. Each year there is a surprise: I hope that this year's surprise team is us. I'm sorry for Juve's elimination."

Who will win the Italian league? "With my heart I reply Juventus, as a neutral spectator I say Roma. I still have many friends at Juve, Trezeguet, Thuram, Del Piero, Montero, Iuliano. Extraordinary guys. When I arrived there I was worried and scared. I was wrong. They made me feel at home right away. The best example is Del Piero, not only is he a great player, but also a wonderful person. In Turin on the pitch it didn't go well, but outside of the pitch it went very well. I still have beautiful memories of those 6 months, that's why I still side with Juve."

But Roma... "Ah, Roma is a beauty to watch. A real pleasure. There is something in the atmosphere, the stadium, the shirt, that makes her unique. And then they always have some great Brazilian player. And Totti? It's useless to talk about him because he is great."

In the Fifa World Player Award, where Henry came second, Totti did not even receive a vote.

"Difficult to believe," Henry continued. "Raul comes to mind: I can't understand how it is possible that with all that he won, no one has awarded him the Golden Ball yet. Football is strange.

"However apart from Totti, Cassano impresses me too. If he wants he can become one of the best in the world. I know he has a strong character, but this is something that distinguishes many champions. On the pitch he's super intelligent. He's not tall, not very fast, not strong physically, but when he has the ball... He has out of the norm qualities. Then they also have Dacourt, Emerson, Samuel, my friend Zebina, with whom I used to play when I was a kid. And Mancini: the symbol of what it means to play for Roma. You must improve yourself or you don't find a place. They always play with the ball on the ground; if you don't have the technical qualities, you can't do it."

And what of Inter who defeated Arsenal 3-0 at Highbury only to be thrashed 5-1 in the return leg at San Siro, which was a turning point in the Gunners' season: "Incredible. Difficult to say what is happening, maybe they don't even know, however from outside, in my opinion Inter remains a great team. Probably it's just a matter of time."

Henry also uttered the words that all Gunners fans love to hear

"They bought me in a difficult moment, and without them I wouldn't be here today," he said. "I'm glad to be able to give something back on the pitch. That is why all the transfer speculations about me make me laugh, even though I know they're part of the game. Unluckily I have to pay for the way certain colleagues of mine act, where one day they kiss the badge and the next day they are photographed with the shirt of a new club. Those that know me, know that I'm different."

what do you reckon lads?

and Drummer and other weird freaks who think that way,do you still think Henry is off to Madrid for a bit of sunshine,extra cash and the easy life??? :D

Henry is a Gooner 4 Life ;)

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
gonner for life seriously

pires, vieira, henry.

BS speculation transfers, they aint going no where.

players luv the club, and our manager, unlike some managers who kicks boots at their players :eek:

·
Registered
886 Posts
I'm probably more likely to play for Real Madrid next (or any other season) than Henry :D .

I'm 100% serious when I say that I can't say ONE single bad word about Thierry. He's got fantastic skill, He His work rate is amazing, He's love and passion for booth Arsenal and football is second to none and he's also acting the right way off the field. When was the last time you heard about Henry abusing a woman, fighting in a club or being caught drink driving?. He is a fantastic role model for kids, But without being boring (Bergkamp anyone?? :D ). Henry’s got style, Class, and a fantastic attitude both on and off the pitch, Nuf said :D

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
Henry is a smart guy....everything he says makes sense and is straight to the point....although i dont really mind when players say things, it gives less people a reason to bash him since hes such a good guy....although forget those fans anyway

·
Registered
55,903 Posts
henry said recently that he will stay with the gunners until he will be kicked out.
he do not want be unfaithful to a club which gaves him so much and to a manager who trust him since the begining at monaco.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
mali said:
henry said recently that he will stay with the gunners until he will be kicked out.
he do not want be unfaithful to a club which gaves him so much and to a manager who trust him since the begining at monaco.
this becoming a soap opera, ,making me so tearful that we have such a great player :sob:

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mali said:
IMO, he will be the next ballon d'or;)
I agree,this could turn out to be Thierry's year,of course he will have to perform well in Portugal,i think he will shine in this tournament,of course he can still do something in the CL as well. ;)

·
Registered
55,903 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
I agree,this could turn out to be Thierry's year,of course he will have to perform well in Portugal,i think he will shine in this tournament,of course he can still do something in the CL as well. ;)
do you know what i predict for him?
- win in EPL
- win the english cup
- win the cl
- win the euro

if with that, he can't get the ballon d'or, i will put a brazilian jersey on my duck!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
lili are you mad ?
titi can't win the cl, lyon will win it :D

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i hope your prediction is right,obviously England will have another glorious failure probably being knocked out by the Germans on penalty kicks :(

marmotte,it would be bitter sweet if Lyon won it,sweet victory,but bitter as the vultures of Serie A and EPL would be swarming over the best players on the team.

D

·
0 Posts
He won't leave Arsenal. He has no need to, he has as much chance of winning the big tournaments with Arsenal as he would anywhere else.

·
Registered
55,903 Posts
fat my duck?!!!
look at him, he is not fat!
by the way, as a french, i can't make a fault of taste, yellow jersey on yellow duck will not be pretty.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts