Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i am starting this topic mainly on the debate of italian clubs journeys in CL. Top 3 is certain, but these teams are fighting for the 4th position:

-Genoa
-Fiorentina
-Roma

Roma would have a easier group stage as they have seeded higher. Although probably all them would need to strengthen in the summer. On paper, you could say what ever will be the case, italian clubs will be well represented in uefa cup (or what ever it will be called in the coming seasons), but then there is always the question of how seriously should the european competition be taken, especially if you are finding it hard to battle in various competitions in the whole season.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
I think Fiorentina will, but Roma still have every chance as long as we win the games we should win.

·
Scudetto
23,477 Posts
For the sake of Italy in CL, I hope Roma.

Fiorentina and especially Genoa won't be able to cut it.

·
Registered
17,601 Posts
I hope Fiorentina, because they are able to spend as much as Roma it seems, and their squad is more solid in terms of injury problems. I'm tired of the injury bug joke every year for Roma. Fiorentina just need to add some quality to their young injury-less squad and they should only get better.

·
Registered
33,730 Posts
Roma have much more European experience, Fiorentina looked extremely green even given their UC experience. Any one of the teams would have trouble just qualifying from 4th place given the new structure of CHL, though.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Fiorentina have bitterly disappointed me in Europe..both this season and last season (can't even break Rangers' defense)...get a right back (Zuniga), centre back to partner Gamberini (Lugano), a class winger apart from Santana...then they will be ready for Europe

my pick is Lazio!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
For performance in the CL, definitely Roma. They are seeded higher, and have more money to make a better showing next season.

If Roma doesn't make it into the CL, then it'll hurt the league's overall performance. Unfortunately, this is one of the flaws with the CL, in that it rewards consistency in the league top-4.

If Roma goes into the UEFA Cup (Europe Cup), they can theoretically benefit the league if they play well, but teams in this league simply can't take the competition seriously, so that wouldn't work.

·
Banned
3,899 Posts
Milan arent safe at 3rd, 6 points between them and Fiorentina. Top 2 is certain, not top 3.

1. Inter
2. Gobbi
3. Genoa
4. Fiorentina

Roma and Milan to battle it out in the UEFA cup.

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
Roma would best represent Italy and would be seeded in the qual rounds (Genoa definetly will not be and I dont think Fiorentina will either... or will they?)They have most experience and I think that if they remain injury free and avoid manchester united they can make it far.

Fiorentina they need some time and if they make 4th I really hope they get a nice qual rounds and at least make in the groups. From then on it will be difficult for them, but if they qualify for the CL I am sure that they will reinforce their squad and should be better then last time they were around. Fiorentina have a nice future, but I think if they make it 5th they should try to do well in the Europa Cup, because they need to build up a coefficient

Genoa now that would be a fresh new italian team in the CL, but I think they wont even qualify. Besides out of these 3 italian teams they will take the Europa cup most seirously so I hope they are in it and get some european experience.

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
Fiorentina are in control of their own destiny now.

Pretty ironic that they are playing us last tho :pp.
If genoa still have a shot at the last day of the season Milan can put Fiorentina out of the CL and avenge them from last year.

However if Genoa fail to win the derby next weekend and Fiorentina beat Torino Fiorentina will have 1 foot in the CL.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
If genoa still have a shot at the last day of the season Milan can put Fiorentina out of the CL and avenge them from last year.
Oh man, it could be huge match if it has to be decided on last matchday! Do you think Milan would go 100% into it though?

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Fiorentina are in control of their own destiny now.

Pretty ironic that they are playing us last tho :pp.If genoa still have a shot at the last day of the season Milan can put Fiorentina out of the CL and avenge them from last year.

However if Genoa fail to win the derby next weekend and Fiorentina beat Torino Fiorentina will have 1 foot in the CL.
:howler:...that would be amazing..it was Milan begging for the spot last year, this year, its Fiore...

as much as i have liked Genoa more than Fio this season, i still want the violas to make it...they weren't very bad in this CL, but inexperience showed...they will hopefully learn something from the experience and buy a talented CB (Lugano), RB (Zuniga) and a winger (Di Maria)...atleast 2 of these positions should be addressed...
i want them to be the next Villarreal (in CL)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts