Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
*the drum drum*
42,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious to see how many people pop out of the woods to be honest.

Would be nice to hear some stories too, although I'll be a killjoy right from the off and say that I won't divulge much information about myself - I coach at a decent enough level that someone may be able to find my real identity on this site where my name and nationality/location are easy to come by.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Good thread Zico. I knew you were Pep Guardiola all along!

I coach an under 10 boys team in the local club. Really wonderful experience and a great club that focuses on development, not results at a young age. I'm pretty much a trainer for the age group and don't progress with the kids, the older ages demand time that my full time job just doesn't allow, but I love the time I do have on the field.

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
Had to stop when I became a father, but I did coach @ U13-U15 level with a very honest bunch of lads who won their league in 2nd season. Might have a chance to get back into coaching this summer, but I have found some time to continue writing my philosophy and playing style guide, which I'm hoping can lead to better things in terms of becoming a technical director.

Had the time to do a small bit of coaching overseas which was good, esp as I could meet alot of good coaches, and it really gave me the bug again.

·
*the drum drum*
42,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shh, if Laporta knew I was using online forums he'd kill me :scared:

CarlosMiguel what sort of pitch do they have 10 year olds playing on where you are? They only recently moved the 10 yr olds onto smaller pitches here in Australia, but where the representative football starts at 11, they move back onto the full size pitch with 11-a-side. It's quite ridiculous and naturally you get coaching emphasis being put on positioning and structure far too early.

The young ones though, they're great, they take everything in and are so enthusiastic. When you get the older boys sometimes it's a struggle getting into their heads and there's so much more going on mentally.

That's interesting stuff Tony75, are you looking at publishing your works? I've been thinking of putting together a few pieces of literature myself, nothing too serious at this point but something nonetheless.

And on that, if you could sum up your philosophy and style in one sentence how would you do that?

·
Registered
556 Posts
i am coaching for this local bussiness near me its great we teach 3-10 year olds we are goin to get more footie teams goin next year so fingers crossed the under 7s and under 9s hopefully i get to have my own footie team,the team we have,have scored 100 goals in 12 games so its preety gud and we sit at the top of the league

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
That's interesting stuff Tony75, are you looking at publishing your works? I've been thinking of putting together a few pieces of literature myself, nothing too serious at this point but something nonetheless.

And on that, if you could sum up your philosophy and style in one sentence how would you do that?
Total football, total honesty, to play the game beautifully, and respect for all.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Zico10,

We play 7 a side at the U10 level and I believe it stays that way in the league until 12 where they move to 11 a side. Ideally we could get another step between 7 and 11 a side, whether that is 8 or 9 a side, would help make the progression a little easier for the boys.

·
*the drum drum*
42,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good stuff, I'd like to see the step up to the full pitch with 11-a-side be delayed until 13 or 14 to be honest.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Yes, I agree, there's really no point to it until then.

At least we are evolving. I can remember playing 11 a side when I was an 8 year old......

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
I'm coaching an U13 team now after coaching a U16 team last year. Have done mainly 1v1 work with them - dribbling, 1v1 def, some passing & SAQ work. Good potential growth in alot of the players.

·
Registered
46,133 Posts
I also trained an under 10 team for a while. Now it has become absolutely impossible both because I moved to a different quarter and because I have no time.
One year ago we had a very good group of players and even defeated Torino 4-2 in a friendly. :happy:
My 15 months old daughter can already kick a sponge ball. :party:

·
Registered
23,888 Posts
I was a player/coach for one year, which is already long ago. Like in a silly Hollywood movie I gathered a team of non-footballers and other crazy people to start up a team near the village I grew up. apart from me there was only like two players that actually had played the season before.

Yeah and like the movie we had a fat kid, a tall player that couldn't head the ball, a fantastic dribbler that always dribbled himself all the way towards the corner flag, one with a great left foot that was locked in fear if someone forced him to use his right. Right and a striker that was sent off three times for the most silly reasons.

We did okay under those circumstances. The year after when I left, they were crowned "the worst team in northern Sweden" :D with a goal difference of 1-135 (in like 16 games :howler:). I think that was not due to them missing my coaching skills, more about me and dribble boy leaving the playing field.

·
Registered
44,995 Posts
I was a player/coach for one year, which is already long ago. Like in a silly Hollywood movie I gathered a team of non-footballers and other crazy people to start up a team near the village I grew up. apart from me there was only like two players that actually had played the season before.

Yeah and like the movie we had a fat kid, a tall player that couldn't head the ball, a fantastic dribbler that always dribbled himself all the way towards the corner flag, one with a great left foot that was locked in fear if someone forced him to use his right. Right and a striker that was sent off three times for the most silly reasons.

We did okay under those circumstances. The year after when I left, they were crowned "the worst team in northern Sweden" :D with a goal difference of 1-135 (in like 16 games :howler:). I think that was not due to them missing my coaching skills, more about me and dribble boy leaving the playing field.
:D

Damn. I thought there'd be a Mighty Ducks moment for you guys.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
I do. Amassed quite an impressive trophy haul in FM.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts