Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going to bring the spray cans for freekicks from Brazil?

Simple, cheap and effective, I dont see why it hasnt caught on. It pisses me off to see the team constantly moving forward on freekicks. If it was up to me I would lie a team mate infront of the wall. That way you got the extra element of suprise as he can kip up if the taker wants to go under the wall :cool:

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry Im still having a Villarealgasm Ill explain better.

In Brazil when a freekick is awarded the referee with a spray can marks a line infront of the standing wall. This way they dont move forward until its taken as its clearly marked.

In european football it pisses me off when a team earns a freekick and has that advantage taken away by the defending team cheating and moving forward closing the distance.

Question is why is it taking such a long time to implement such an simple and cheap yet effective rule into improving the european game?

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Gordy said:
It annoys me that, but then wouldn't you get lines drawn all over the field by the end of the game?
Then everyone can play naughts and crosses or sos. :eekani: :tongue: :D

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It fades after 5 minutes or so. So enough time for a few games of naughts crosses Bandiera

·
Registered
231 Posts
yep, agreed.. Or maybe they just have to start handing out more yellows when they see it happen, cause they cant miss it.
It you never gets punished for it will keep happening. Same goes with diving, which could be more trouble for the ref to spot but obvious dives should get punishment after the game.. we want a game where skillfull players decide the outcome of the game not cheats

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Not a bad idea, that.

Milan are terrible at pushing the wall forward, I saw them do it to Lyon last night and it brought back memories of their antics against United last year.

·
Second Place Winner February Photo Contest
2,631 Posts
Milan are terrible at pushing the wall forward, I saw them do it to Lyon last night and it brought back memories of their antics against United last year.
That loss to Milan still hurts, huh?

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
If i'm not mistaken United had one free-kick in a good position over the two legs, and Rooney hit some guy eating a pie from Salford. :howler:

Same difference.

I do agree with the spray can usage though.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
United haven't scored from free kicks since the days of Beckham, but that's besides the point.

Pushing the wall forward to such an extent should be regarded in the same manner as diving, it's cheating.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts