Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
52,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does it bother any of you or are you so internazionale you don't ever care? ;)

I'm not trying to insult anybody here but simply discuss a modern phenomenon: I'm pretty sure this is the first time in history when the Champions of Italy don't have a single player called up into the Azzurri squad.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
I wish there isnt any NT, especially at this stage of the season.

Come proper tournament there should be proper players like Balotelli Santon Matrix ...etc...

if none of them... its ok.

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
Does it bother any of you or are you so internazionale you don't ever care? ;)

I'm not trying to insult anybody here but simply discuss a modern phenomenon: I'm pretty sure this is the first time in history when the Champions of Italy don't have a single player called up into the Azzurri squad.
Not much, I still support the NT as much as I do normally anyway. I prefer to have this current team than the one with Toldo, Cannavaro, C.Zanetti, Di Biagio and Vieri all in the NT but no trophies at the end of the season.

·
Registered
47,953 Posts
We have players in the Argentinian NT, and according to your logic in another thread, that should be good enough since they're all originally Italian anyway. ;)

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
Couldn't care less. Besides we usually have 3 in the under 21 squad with aquafresca,mario and bolzoni , will be 4 soon.

National team is irrelevant to me all that matter is Inter.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
in fact, i wish we'd have had at least 1 player in thet azzuri...but it's ok that we don't have one...as long as we (INTER) win...it's not really a big deal...besides, we will have quite a lot of young kids who will mostly likely be in the senior squad soon (santon, balotelli hopefully and acquafresca...maybe some more...depending their development)...

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Not much, I still support the NT as much as I do normally anyway. I prefer to have this current team than the one with Toldo, Cannavaro, C.Zanetti, Di Biagio and Vieri all in the NT but no trophies at the end of the season.
:thmbup:

It would have been very embarassing to watch the Pirlo of last night if he was at Inter and he pulls that shit at Inter, WTF dude was drunk or something.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
to prevent more embarrassment?

·
1st Tier Poster
52,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If Italy was full of world beater in every position, i might give a crap about us having none.

But thats hardly the case. Instead we had 3 starters in the side who just beat them.
Well, you can also look at it the other way and claim that as long as the current trend continues and less and less young Italians get the chance to become first team regulars in the biggest clubs in Italy, the less likely it is that Azzurri squad will be full of world beaters.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I used to be Goo goo ga ga over Azzurri..now I could careless. I hate the Azzurri. especially after that **** Cannavaro

·
Registered
34,927 Posts
Well, you can also look at it the other way and claim that as long as the current trend continues and less and less young Italians get the chance to become first team regulars in the biggest clubs in Italy, the less likely it is that Azzurri squad will be full of world beaters.
I don't think there's any statistical basis for such a "trend". In any case, Serie A is increasingly competitive which would be good for the NT.

In a broader historical perspective one couldn't say that an increased number of foreign players = a lowering of the level of the NT.

edit: goof

·
Banned
3,899 Posts
That doesnt make any sense.

Just because youngsters dont get the chance for the NT doesnt mean these players wont ever become NT players in the future when they have matured and developed enough.

Players dont develop their talent at national level, they do that at club level. Lippi knows this and thats why he is using experienced oldies, even if they are only slightly better than promising youngsters.

Eventually the players will mature and get called up. The quality or chance of the team becomming full of world beater doesnt improve of decrease in any way by doing this.

The quality is rather poor atm, but calling up inexperienced youngsters wouldnt change anything.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
to be honest, i think the azzurri is not going anywhere, with the current squad they have...no totti, no nesta...u know, those great players...i think they lack something...i haven't watched them play a lot lately...but i really don't see they can compete with the top teams...i could be wrong...

·
1st Tier Poster
52,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't think there's any statistical basis for such a "trend". In any case, Serie A is increasingly competitive which would be good for the NT.

In a broader historical perspective one couldn't say that an increased number of foreign players = a lowering of the level of the NT.

edit: goof
In the case of Milan and Inter things have definitely got out of hand if you consider how few quality Italians the youth academies of those clubs have produced in recent years and how the overall importance of Italian players seems to be dropping in those clubs. Think about the last local successful youth product out of the academies of Inter or Milan. You have to go quite far back. Juve and Roma have been a bit more responsible in that considering they're produced players like De Rossi, Giovinco and Aquilani.

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
In the case of Milan and Inter things have definitely got out of hand if you consider how few quality Italians the youth academies of those clubs have produced in recent years and how the overall importance of Italian players seems to be dropping in those clubs. Think about the last local successful youth product out of the academies of Inter or Milan. You have to go quite far back. Juve and Roma have been a bit more responsible in that considering they're produced players like De Rossi, Giovinco and Aquilani.
Who has man utd produced since they had that golden patch in the 1990's?? Same goes for lfc. The big clubs across europe with the exception of barca don't really produce their own. They buy them when they are ready.

To be fair to Inter we have 3 italian under 21's , 4 if you include santon. We are trying. whether they will be good enough to play for the inter first team remains to be seen though.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts