Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,as it looks now we will face Inter at a brace of death games.Do you think we are able to beat them and take that SO wanted Champions League spot? as for the qualifying round,no worries,we wont crush on the best team again! :)

Anyway,in my opinion,we both suck.And we suck big time.The point is that during both games during the season,we saw great games.When we were at the worst shape of the season,we were complately outcalssed,outplayed and outscored in Meazza.At the second round we completely outclassed and outplayed them but we just couldnt outscore them because Crespo had a bad day and Peruzzi the best game of his season.However,we could have easily replied with a 5-1 scoreline considering our absents that day like Amoroso and Cannavaro (and of course Bogho and Torrisi).Here is a run down on the players:

GOALKEEPERS:Buffon Vs Peruzzi.Gigi is a better keeper but Peruzzi's form during the whole season is outstanding while Buffon hasdnt had the best of years.Draw I would say since both of them are unbeatable at their day.

DEFENCE:Thuram-Cannavaro-Sartor Vs Simic-Blanc-Cordoba.We have the two best defenders on this clush with Lilian and Fabio but Blanc and Cordoba are both superb defenders.Sartor and Simic are equal in my eyes but while the croat is a better defender in terms of heading,marking etc Gigi is very good at going forward and he has a big advantage.He is VERY fast and he is a fighter.Overla,what counts on defence is the team play.Inter is very good at this part,while we are so and so.They play the off-side trap quite succesful and Blanc is an extra weapon with his exprience.Our defence needs motivation badly,but we cover this weakness by the talent of our defenders.Vieri killed us last time but Fabio wasnt there.He is our best marker and will take care of him quite good.Overal we have the edge mainly because of our defencive form lately.

MIDFIELD:Fuser-Dabo/Baggio-Sousa-Bolano-Vanoli/Bennarivo VS Zanetti-Cauet-Seedorf-Di Biaggio-Georgatos/Serena.Well our weakest point doesnt seem so weak against Inter.Fuser eats Geo and especially Serena for lunch but so does Zanetti with Vanoli or Bennarivo.Maybe Beni can keep him a bit better at defence but generally Zanetti tear our left side apart as Fuser theirs.Dabo or Baggio are even at their worst shape SO much better than Cauet thats its a shame even to discuss it.Inter's frenchman cant pass (nor does Baggio),shoot or do anything useful apart from playing with his heart,something good but not good enough for holding a starting role at Inter.Sousa will mostly battle to shut down Seedorf rather than force him to defend against him.Since Paulo is a good player and is definitely looking for a revenge against Lippi I think he can make it but the dutchman is a very good player.Fortunately he sucks at his bad day and when Seedorf sucks,he sucks bad.Bolano and Di Baggio will give a mean and no mercy battle but the italian has the edge because of his exprerience and strength.On the other hand our youngster is fast and tiredeless while he is very effective at defence.Overal Inter gets the nod because they have the creative player we miss at Seedorf.Our midfielders are ok,but not crative enough...we may be able to keep them defencively but offencivelly we have to rely on fuser.If Diego is in his day,everything will be ok,if he is semi-injured or at a bad day,we are in big ****.

ATTACK:On the forward line its a matter of form rather than talent.Amoroso and Recoba are almost equal in my ratings and the small edge I give to our Brazilian is being covered by the small nod Vieri has over Crespo.This mainly focuses on the death instict of Bobo.Crespo can score anything but miss anything as well.Vieri will score if he gets the chance.,This is deadly and dangerous.On the other hand Amoroso is a better player than Recoba since he is a better finisher and less selfish and Recoba generally will find it hard with Thuram and Sartor after him.He may do his magic against the defenders of Perugia or Bari but we all know very well that Thuram,Cannavaro and Sartor are hard to be passed by (impossible I would say).If Recoba realises this (which I doubt) he can be the man of the series with his passing skills but IMO he will spend his talent at selfish efforts which wont work.He can be the star or the fail.Overal its a draw.

Generally speaking I think that both squads are even and it will all depend on the form of the match-day.Balances at this kind of games can change very easily.Also lets not forget that one of the main aspect is the mentality.WE MUST BELIEVE THAT WE CAN WIN.We are not at our best condition but nor is Inter.My opinion is that we will loose.We will draw or hardly defeat them at Tardini but at Meazza we will break as we do at our away games.

Meanwhile,we MUST beat Lecce and make the play-offs.Then we just hope that Cagliari will make their magic.If not we'll have this play-off.

FORZA PARMA!

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
What a long article must wrote it in like half an our(yes i also have too much time)

Well you are right Playoff is going to be very tricky i hope we can do better against Lecce and inter lose against cagliari i think at this moment we are better than Inter WE MUST KEEP THIS TOUGHT!
But after a 4-0 defeat a team is motivated to do better if Bobo comes fit back for inter we are in big trouble.
Anyway Inter has big midfield trouble with Jugovic, Di Biagio and Georgatos injured they have no cover anymore so they must play
Zanetti-Cauet-Seedorf-Serena and Panucci right back if they all stay injured.

But first we have to beat Lecce big because it will boost our convidence!!!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Bad news: Fuser, Vanoli, Sousa and maybe Stanic is out which means that we doesn´t have a right winger if Stanic doesn´t recover. In that case Sartor will play in midfield and Lassissi finally back in the starting 11.
But It´s not only bad news, Vieri can´t play, and that means Zamorano or Baggio instead and that´s a big plus.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
i have come to realize you are a huge parma fan amo!!
i think it's like this:
keeper:buffon is better than peruzzi this year and maybe one of the best keepers in the world,only big concurrent in italy is toldo.

defenders:thuram,sartor,cannavaro vs. cordoba,blanc,simic
both teams have great defenders but i think parma has better one,they have played together for a longer time and know each other better.

midfielders :eek:nce again they both have great midfielders,but this time inter has the better one,if they have a good day its one of europes best midfields.

attack:recoba,vieri(if he's not injured)robby(will leave the club)zamorano is very strong.
but im dissapointed with them,they can play better i know that.
crespo scores all the time,amoroso is good also di vaio and stanic(actually not my favorite).50% against 50% on the forward side

1 - 5 of 5 Posts