Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We never really had one of the very most active forums except for loads of long threads about how we got refereeing help, but it used to be more active than now by a good bit. Can't be the absence of ref help that's responsible for it all. Even relative to the declining activity on XT overall, this forum seems more hit than others.

Personally, and conceivably for many others, getting on in age and having more commitments of various kinds means a drop off. Add to that calciopoli eating into the interest in Juve.

But is there something else?
Just not an inviting forum? Too much hostility/negativity... something?
Too little something else? What?

If we don't get some more action going here and more people participating, its going to become even more of a vicious cycle.

So, suggestions, ladies and gentlemen.

·
Administrator
53,540 Posts
Agreed, its way worse then usual (remember back in 2002, it was still bit inactive, never had much Juve fans on this site), a good start is you posting more, hehe. But yeah, something needs to be done.

·
Registered
48,288 Posts
Agreed, its way worse then usual (remember back in 2002, it was still bit inactive, never had much Juve fans on this site), a good start is you posting more, hehe. But yeah, something needs to be done.
What do you expect when most of the administrators and CMs of Xtratime (you included) are just trolls?
You don't even care to update the list of the forum managers. There are forum managers who died in 2004 because of syphilis and they are in the list of FMs nevertheless. There are forums which are ultra-dead and you keep them, there are sticky thread which have not been updated since Waterloo and you don't unstick them.
You must reduce the number of the forums, it's pointless to keep forums which are hardly updated. They just make less visible the few forums which really work. Shut down the forums with no members regularly updating them: Napoli, Southern Italia Calcio, Udinese... but also many EPL clubs.
Reduce the OT part drastically. There is no need of so many forums for the OT when most of debates are about Manijak's gayness, MarieL's bus stop and mali's gorilla.
There should be a turnover. We kept a management with no motivations for way too long, they are killing this forum.

·
Registered
56,464 Posts
appearently juventus case is mentionned in every italian forums. why the forum devoluted to this team would be inactive? you got the most chatting guys of xt.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@ Toni: The problems of THIS forum hardly has anything to do with Juventini being listed as a moderator despite having gone AWOL. Its not like the other three - Osman, Nero and Amr - are not constant contributors here.
So perhaps you can take your personal issues with board management and overall XT concerns up elsewhere, for instance the numerous threads in which you've already been engaged in that.

This discussion is supposed to be about what we can do on the JUVENTUS forum to make that more enjoyable/accessible. It could be anything. It could - for instance - be guys who read this forum but don't post (bound to be some of you out there?) who explain what is stopping them, or has made them 'read only'.
Is there anything in particular that makes it so?

It can be anything... most forums with old timers run into circle jerk mentality at some point. Some holier than thou, 'seniority' elitism too.... (finger pointed inwards here).
Maybe new posters feel ignored?

Is it time for a roll call, from scratch? Hello and this is who I am?

Or should we just wait for Giovinco to become Messi 2.0 and wait for the next generation of bandwaggoneers to flood us :) ?

·
Registered
48,288 Posts
@ Toni: The problems of THIS forum hardly has anything to do with Juventini being listed as a moderator despite having gone AWOL. Its not like the other three - Osman, Nero and Amr - are not constant contributors here.
So perhaps you can take your personal issues with board management and overall XT concerns up elsewhere, for instance the numerous threads in which you've already been engaged in that.
:yawn:

As if I said that the problem is just the name of Juventini appearing in the list of your FMs!
You obviously prefer to discard the problem of Xtratime as a whole, but if you do and prefer to be told that Xtratime is perfect, at least do not start a thread moaning about the lack of interest of the people, which has just one cause: Osman & Co are lazy asses. :rollani: When the forum is updated, lively and filled with info the people join. When it is not the people join another place. Easy Math even for a Danish journalist.

·
Registered
56,464 Posts
the solution would be to force martin to take in charge the forum.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Juventuz??
There is a direct link to them here and they are obviously more lively and informative forum for any Juve fan.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You obviously prefer to discard the problem of Xtratime as a whole, but if you do and prefer to be told that Xtratime is perfect
I did not. My point was that whatever lack of traffic suffered by Xtratime as a whole for variety of potential reason, the Juventus forum seems to be affected more than most. Much more even.
I find myself again asking you to not be an asshole in our forum. You are not a Juventus fan, rather the contrary, so this very thread and inquiry has little to do with your agenda. Every post you make in this forum seems intended to make it less enjoyable for Juve fans to be here. You're the anti-solution.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Hi out there!

I'm still frequently checking out the forum.

As for not posting:

1. In recent years I havent been able to catch up with the new trends in footy as in regards to promising players and their respective qualities. My general interested in leagues outside Seria A and other teams than our Juve has dropped dramatically, too. Hence, not able to make authentic comments on the state of the club in relation to other teams. I am able to watch only 1/4 of Juve's games. "dittos" and "I-second-that"s are as stupid as it gets. And when you cant say nothing of value, then better shut up.

2. If there were at least some jerks from other forums talking crap, it would've been at least fun to give em a lil bit of smack. That, unfortunately, is not any longer the case. Thus, the fun factor in the forum has dropped big time.

I hope guys like Steph, Nero, CDM, Glen, Andrey, Osman, CUG, etc. continue to drop some precious opinions on the matters of the heart...

Forza Juve!!

·
Registered
48,288 Posts
I did not. My point was that whatever lack of traffic suffered by Xtratime as a whole for variety of potential reason, the Juventus forum seems to be affected more than most. Much more even.
Probably cause the FMs of this forum are worse than most. They happen to be CMs as well so that's pretty funny.

I find myself again asking you to not be an asshole in our forum. You are not a Juventus fan, rather the contrary, so this very thread and inquiry has little to do with your agenda. Every post you make in this forum seems intended to make it less enjoyable for Juve fans to be here. You're the anti-solution.
actually, this thread has enough to do with my agenda, as the way Xtratime is run has enough to do with my agenda. And if I'm an anti-solution you are a no solution at all. If you don't want me to post in a public forum make it a private forum, send a PM, an e-mail, a letter, a pidgeon...

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Juventuz??
There is a direct link to them here and they are obviously more lively and informative forum for any Juve fan.
Sure... I've just been a member here for almost 10 years, and I prefer the plurality offered by the XT concept. I imagine that any Juve fan who likes forum discussions and do not favor the XT format is already a member elsewhere. Or is a member here and there. Fine.
Doesn't change that for years we had much, much more activity here than we do now. So something must have happened, which means that we could most likely improve on what we have going on here.

·
Registered
47,701 Posts
Well guys, if you beat Roma or at least get a point from them, you can bet that Game Ove12 will light this place up once again.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you don't want me to post in a public forum make it a private forum, send a PM, an e-mail, a letter, a pidgeon...
Yes. PM's between you and me have been a smash hit success in the past... :rollani: .
Its very simple really, this thread is made on the supposition that this forums activity could be increased no matter XT's general management, direction or whatever. If you just want to fight your old battles, please do it somewhere else. Perhaps in one of the threads you have started yourself.

·
Registered
48,288 Posts
Yes. PM's between you and me have been a smash hit success in the past... :rollani: .
:ring a bell: infact I did not tell you to PM me. :stoned:

Its very simple really, this thread is made on the supposition that this forums activity could be increased no matter XT's general management, direction or whatever. If you just want to fight your old battles, please do it somewhere else. Perhaps in one of the threads you have started yourself.
do not be touchy if I tell you that it's clear that this management doesn't care so your thread is pointless. My answer was the best you can get. If you don't like it, no answer remains. I even suggested some practical solutions for this forum not just the whole forum:
- more info
- more updates
- make it lively
It should be easy for you. You have everything is needed: the knowledge of the subject, the wish for a better forum, etc. (time, I see). If you ask they will easily make you at least an administrator!
Yet, you discarded everything cause you have a bias against my opinions. :depress:

·
MVP
9,081 Posts
I read the forums ALOT (on a daily basis), and always follow up your opinions, arguments, match reviews etc.

But I prefer to contribute only if I've actually watched the game and have something to say. (I watch highlights and download goals weekly....not enough to have an in-depth match discussion though)

Unfortunately despite all the luxury I'm enjoying here in Fake Plastic Dubai; I can't watch any cable TV since 1 year because my cable guy is a ***.....even though I'm subscribed to it. So for me it's the occasional stream, night out at the cafe, or through pub, or a friend's house.

Oh and we work on Sundays in this part of the world, so it's difficult to follow calcio...

Anyway, I'll be getting my cable fixed up soon...."soon" being the operative word here...

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yet, you discarded everything cause you have a bias against my opinions. :depress:
No. The obvious parts of your post are well taken. But those are rather tautological, and the question is more why it isn't being done. By everyone interested in being here/visiting.
It was never so that moderators are the only ones who should inspire discussion (it says moderator for a reason), and as much as you want to polish your own knob for having had success with the Samp forum, nice, there are no Turin or - to my knowledge - even Italy based Juventus fans here who have that kind of easy access to the newest information. So we cannot do it that way, and never did.

If I discard what you say otherwise it is because it is ludicrous that one of the most anti-Juventus posters of the forum, with permanent crusades against the captain, the club and solely negative, wind-up posts here, should be adamant that he is here to be constructive in any way. No less so as your solution is to brand the most active users as the ones who are culpable. Might be you think they are on other XT issues, and I have no opinion on that, but its weird and daft to suggest that they are here.

And of course, you have managed to make this about you, which is annoying in itself. Now - please just leave this ****ing thread on its own and leave the pissing match for another time. We sure will have it, as we both know.

·
Administrator
53,540 Posts
Ignoring Toni...

Juventuz??
In what capacity do you mention them? Actually, despite being a member there for the last 7-8 years, I have only started getting quite active there in last 16 months or so. To get my Juve fix so to speak in a more regular way, I guess its an indication of how inactive this forum has been a bit? If I got active in club site that in earlier years didnt appeal to me.

Like the XT format more, but for Juve stuff alone, I guess the contrast was some match threads here were mainly almost just me and Stephan posting, occasionally Amr, Nyuka etc (we never had much of a core of regular posters, mainly just infrequent casual posters, but indeed it gotten much worse). While in the other place, its active 24/7 with insane frequency,regarding latest hints of anything related to Juve (I guess thats why you mentionned the site? Meaning post there if you want activity? But IMO, both things can be done). In match days for me, generally post both here and there, regardless of the contrast of volume and activity.

Different formats for different crowds, to say the obvious, many posters there wouldnt like or suit a general site like this. But for those who do and would want to, I guess a good way to raise activity would be if several good posters from there were to post more here, the closest base of Juve fans, because lots of them have accounts here already, to start.

In general, yeah, not sure whats to be done, but sure of that it has to at the very least.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.