9,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chelsea are overrated
Lampard is average at Best
Ronaldinho is god
Mourinho is tatically inept
Barca are the greatest team in the world
English players don't compare to the Brazillians
Ronaldinho could compete in a ballerina and strongman contest all on the same day
Ronaldinho > anyone else....
Huth is a Centre Forward in Cognito
Terry is a puff...
..and Rijkaard is the best manager in the world!

Does anyone have anything else to add?

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Juve is pretty damn lucky and possibly they offered a blank cheque to the Bremen keeper at half time.

oh, as for your analysis, yeah pretty much on the ball.

Really dissapointed in Mourinho, I thought he was more creative than he showed.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I guess the one thing I learned from last night is that Juventus have to play better to do well in the Champions League. They must understand that the Champions League is no Scudetto, in other words, they are not playing other teams defending like hell to sneak a goal by, just as they are. Instead, they must play more attacking football. Moreover, they must learn that they have to change their ways. Knowing Capello and Juve's team, I have no doubt that what should have been an easy tie for Juve in Werder Bremen turned out to be a nailbitter in which they should have gone out had it not been for a goalie error.

Of course, this means one thing, which is that when they meet a real team like perhaps an Arsenal or a Barcelona, Juventus really have no chance. So they got the extra revenue from one or two more home ties, but they have no chance at this rate to get past a Barca or even a Villareal, to tell you the truth.

The critics, or those Juve fans, will tell you wrong. They deserved to win the game, they played better, their goals were perfectly in the flow of the game, blah blah blah. Like we haven't heard it before. We heard the same shit, yes bullshit, after their Chievo win last year when the ball bounced inside the goal yet after the game we see the same damn fans go on about how they deserved to win and about how there was inadequate footage for the referee.

You just have to learn to see past the bullshit. The intelligent and clean talk by certain Juve members is just too funny. You know, funny in the pure BS sense.

The sad truth about Juventus is that many of the same fans that parade around in zebra colors today because of a secret obsession with Ibra, Trez, or Del Piero or Cannavaro will leave after they retire. Similarily, it is no secret that every single fan of Juventus that joined the team's fan base in the last ten, well, make that 9 years is merely a gloryhunter that takes pride in victories that really mean nothing.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
I learnt that football fans have the memory of a fish. Actually fish have pretty decent memories so that'd be an insult to them. :googly: Although I assume Russ is just being facetious.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Barçawinner said:
- Rob Edwards is the little sister of Nico and Marc
If you're going to insult me at least have a decent crack at it.

I learned you're a hypocrite for having a pop at English people for supporting English teams from Europe when you clearly state you support Dutch teams in Europe in your profile.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Most of that is definitely not true. Lampard is not average but I agree hes over-rated and Mourinho is hardly tactically inept. In the end you do have to remember that for 60 mins Chelsea were with 10 men of the tie overall.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Rob Edwards said:
- The XT postership only has opinions based entirely on kneejerk reactions to things that just happened for the most part.
This coming from the man that two weeks ago only had opinions based on what Andy Gray had just told him to think! :googly:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Al Capone said:
I guess the one thing I learned from last night is that Juventus have to play better to do well in the Champions League.
With that luck they dont need to play better, they just have to be on the field and wait for someone to give them a goal

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Barçawinner said:
- Rob Edwards is the little sister of Nico and Marc
And you are... I don't know, or care.

Although you should realise me and Rob disagree on a lot and I'd have had him on ignore many moons ago if it weren't for the mod thing. And Nico and I are currently disagreeing in the England forum. But then you're a barca fan (who is a dutch patriot, how quaint)... so ignorance is expected. :thumbsup:

Oh and Andy Gray claims the Earth is round, Custard Slice is now going to tell us all how he thinks the world is actually flat.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Rob Edwards said:
Also how is that related to this?
Two weeks ago Chelsea/Barca then last night Barca/Chelsea, see the connection there Rob? ;)

Anyway, last night we learned that Mourinho is not as good a coach as he's made out to be!
The last few weeks have shown a few chinks in his armour!

The pressure seems to be telling on the self proclaimed "special one" as he's shown himself up a few times recently!

Also last night I learned Villarreal are not as good a team as I thought they were! ;) :D
They seemed to be very poor, and will struggle to go much further now!

We learned Juve had a big slice of luck, that makes you wonder if their name might be on the trophy!

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Custard Slice said:
eh?..... :confused:

Sorry I don't understand what you mean Rob? ;)
Point was agreeing or disagreeing with Andy Gray doesn't mean a damn. That it has no bearing on that person's opinion except for agreeing with it. Your position inferred you would oppose whatever he said no matter how factual....

Why am I having to explain this, it was an obvious point. :eekani:

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
We learned who 3 of the 1/4 finalist are, nothing more nothing less. Of course im delighted and overjoyed about one of them and to a lesser extent another.

With regard to Rijkaard and Mourinho, we will learn a whole lot more about them from now to the end of the season rather then last night.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts