Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The draw has finally been made & Porto will be playin' Bayern.
They r 1 hell of a side but vs. R.madrid they weren't that good Real attacked to the Max (1st Game) they were exposed at the defence quick counter attack & Goal.
What do u Blokes reckon on the Positive side please!!!

VIVA O PORTO
VIVA O JARDEL
VIVA O D E C O

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
i was hoping for Bayern. I feel we play a patient style of game that could win against a German club (case-in-point Hertha)....it will be a good one! also consider that we play the first game at home.....we could pass to the semi's...oh...one other thing...there was this little thing in 1987 called the Champions League Final....We were in it against.....hmmmm....Bayern Munich....and we......WON!

here's hoping to history repeating itself!

Cheers!

------------------
Forca Jardel!
Forca Porto!
Forca Portugal!

http://portista.socceralliance.com

·
International
5,629 Posts
I think you guys drew the second best team in the CL, next to Barca. Bayern is one heck of a team, especially with the brazillian Elber. The good thing is that they don't dominate the game in the midfield as much as Barca, but rely on a very strong counter game. Marco here's where defensive minded teams have a chance like Porto does. If Porto plays their style and they can get an early Jardel goal, and Deco plays back to form, I can see an upset. However if you open it up offensively, I think Bayern will score 3 or 4 on you just like they did to Real. Good Luck!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
TOUGH! Porot will need all the form anc luck they can have...Jardel has to net every single chance he has if you want to get of this clash alive...

I hope you make it,since I hate the germans...

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Tough, but not impossible.
I said before that Porto had to be careful with their defense in order to beat Barça.
As I was writing this they had got a goal in, from Marítimo. If they want to reach the semis, they have to correct a couple of things, or get some more confidence.

Oh, Jardel just equalized...29th goal

Anyway, in what concerns to financial profits and sports achievement they got what they wanted. Everything from now on is more than they expected.

We'll see :)

·
Registered
595 Posts
This is ridiculous, Esquerdinha just gave the ball to Toedtli, who scored.
FCP-1 Marítimo-2
I hope that when they play with Bayern they play with more confidence and be more careful in their defense.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As much as i despise Porto, I hope they win convincingly. I am sick and tired of the Spanish, English and Germans down-playing the characteristics and calibre of Portuguese soccer. For a small nation we have kicked ass in european football. Benfica- 7 finals, 2 victories
Sporting- 1 uefa cup(I thinks that was all they won)
Porto- 1 CL and quarter finals in the last two years, and A couple semi final appearances to I believe!
****Sniper this is me Marco editing your message. Sporting won 1 Cup winners Cup....not UEFA Cup******
So my fellow Portuguese GOOD LUCK, and please don't get used to the support, because once the boy in blue step into the LUZ, IT'S ALL OUT WAR!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Marcoa (edited 26-03-2000).]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts