Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the bloody ins and outs of this season goes on, i ask you....what kind of team are we. Are our players motivated to play in the Premiership because on the evidence of wednesday night we have a great team capable of playing world class football.
So why isn't this determination and lets face it...briliance, put on display every week in the premiership. I know we've got injurys, new players needing time to gel YADA YADA YADA. But if you compare the game on wednesday to last saturday you'd almost think that 11 completely diferent players were out there. Gerrard was at his 'pre-chelsea' best and Baros was a little menace destroying the Bayer defence and apart from the little slip up at the end our defence was solid and OUR KEEPER DIDN'T FVCK UP!!!! :dazed: !!!
At Newcastle Gerrard had an attitude as if he just didn't care, as if he's playing out the last few games before his big move and the weight of carrying Liverpool Fc will soon be off his back. But now i'm not so sure i think he'll die for this club to move forward. The best thing to do is to forget this, -play good for stevie-attitude and play for liverpool.
So whats in store for the weekend, becaue this has happened before...our hopes built up and then suddenly broken down by a light hearted dreary performance in the next game.
One of the best things i took for Wednesday night was Warnock's performance, hopefully he'll get better and better and replace Traore, who in fairness is not up to standard as regards consistancy.
I hope to see more of the same from all players (Garcia was savage too!!) and looking at Everton's (spit) fixture list we can get 4th place (if we need it :tongue: ) and build the team for next year.
One things for sure Rafa will be here for a while!

·
nomad
5,597 Posts
It's a mystery :shades:
No I think it has to do with motivation and other stuff, like the players might feel more motivated for a big CL game, but I see your point, they should be fired up and motivated for EPL games as they would be for a CL game.
Nevertheless, hopefully we'll see a Liverpool side against Blackburn that is similar to the side we saw in Germany, i.e. eager to go and win the game and shut our critics up :boxing:

·
Registered
574 Posts
our EPL record this season, i would sum up in a few reasons: 1) Rafa's tactics have been less than spot on with the lower level teams considering he's never had to face them before (prolly never even heard of some of them :D); he'll know better next season. 2) injuries - nuff said. 3) thin squad with mostly houllier era mindset who might not necessaryilly fit into Rafa's style of game.

I see obvious differences between the two gaffers and perhaps Rafa's ideas are being somewhat lost in translation. I expect big changes this summer and solid title challenge for next year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts