Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
International
5,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow... all 4 Italian teams including the mighty Juventus were taken out today from the UEFA Cup. Juve lost to Celta Vigo who I proclaimed will win the the cup 3-0 in Spain for an aggregate of 4-3. Parma lost to Werden 3-1. Roma lost to Leeds 1-0 again for a 2-0 aggregate and Udinense was taken out by a Check team.

Many will say this is an aberration. But to me this symbolizes that money can't always buy the best teams. You can put 11 of the best players on the same field, but if they can't play as a team, they will lose most of the time.

Serie A's team football is certainly debatable after the performances that their teams have put up in Europe. I'm not even talking about Lazio's inability to overcome Feyenoord or Fiorentina's 2-0 loss to Valencia. What I am simply questioning is the hype that Serie A has as having the best football. This my friends after today cannot be said. Spain still has the best football played in Europe and their results reflect that.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Interesting topic...

Hmm...it may be tough to say this after tonight,but Seria A is better than La liga,why? the answe is simple.Seria A has 7 very good teams that you can hardly predict their order...La liga has only 2 teams that are always TOP.Real And Barca.The rest are firework teams that play good for one year and then dissapear...where is Mallorca this year? where is Valencia? Where are Bilbao and Espanyol that used to dominate a couple of years ago? And I bet that next year Deportivo and Alaves,two teams that do exeptionaly good this year will simply return to their natural position,down the standings,and two more firework teams will show up.I'm not saying that this is bad.Its quite exiting a league with so much flair,but we all know that at the end of the day Barca will be champions.And if not Barca then Real...simple as that.I like La Liga and the way of playing there and i'm well dissapointed that I cant catch too much this year,but Seria A is a league with SO much talent that can make you gasp.

You may not built the best teams with money,but you certainly build the best league.

Just my opinion...

------------------
MARCIO AMOROSO!

·
International
5,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Serie A has the most money and therefore the most talent. But the better Football is played in Spain, and here are my reasons.
Technically, the football in Spain is sounder and they are more team oriented from top to bottom. In Italy for most of the top teams, with the exception of JUVE, it's all about the superstars. Juve is the one team, that believes in their system, gets players for them and wins Scudettos. Secondly, although Barca and Real are the richest teams, every year they face top competition in La Liga from different teams. It's the only league in which a last place team can beat a Barca. The competition is tighter, and most of the clubs below Real and Barca have enough depth and skill to play with them. After all it's not any team, (CELTA VIGO) that can take a Juventus and score 4 goals on them, and they currently lie sixth in the standings. I believe that the best league has the best football, and some of the better players, and that's La Liga. Serie A has most of the better players, but not necessarily the best football, and this has proved to be the case in European competition.

and this too is just my opinion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts